User Controls

Disband the Police

  1. #41
    Technologist motherfucker
    Originally posted by I Live In Your Crawlspace Secretly4 Actually you won't, Barnacle Bill

    Meet me at Crusty Crab so we can discuss this!
  2. #42
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace Cops were only invented in 1829 and the world ran fine till then without them.

    The concept of a sheriff or constabulary is older than the USA.
  3. #43
    Mm yes it is quite the quandary we will have to go to the K.K. and have spunge bahb make some fresh krabbie patteez . Eat fresh live good the K.K. life
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  4. #44
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Training the domestic terrorists isn't going to do shit, because they won't use any of it anyways.
  5. #45
    Originally posted by AngryIVer Yes, disband something that CAN be controlled in favour of a glorified community watch program.


    While you're at it, take away any guns that could have helped protect you.



    Fuck that. If Minneapolis really does disband their police I'll be across the Canadian border so god damned fast you'll all think I've been trolling about being American.

    LOL did you really just say that the cops can be controlled.

    Really??
  6. #46
    God you right wingers do not pay attention to history at all, do you? I guess police have been there since Mesopotamia huh?
  7. #47
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    It should go back to the Old West. You stake out your property, build your house, plant a garden, raise livestock, and if anyone threatens you or yours, you get to fill them full of lead.
  8. #48
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace God you right wingers do not pay attention to history at all, do you? I guess police have been there since Mesopotamia huh?

    well in ancient civilizations there were still garrisons.
  9. #49
    mfw the government can steal your house and land for not paying property taxes and auction it off to the highest bidder.
  10. #50
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood mfw the government can steal your house and land for not paying property taxes and auction it off to the highest bidder.

    If they came to steal my house, I would rather go down taking as many of them down as possible, before I do.
  11. #51
    Originally posted by CASPER well in ancient civilizations there were still garrisons.

    Yes. But they didn't really jail people back then. It's a really recent thing keeping people locked up for their crimes instead of just exiling/mutilating/beating/killing them. Jails were for prisoners of war who could be used or sold as slaves. The prison industrial system, lack of any sort of certification to become a cop, and the amassing of ticketing/seizure/etc funds by the dept who issues them, has led to RAMPANT abuse both by police and by legislators who stand to profit from keeping the status quo of America being the most incarcerated nation in human history.

    We've been at it for about 150 years and the issue has only been getting worse. Prior to the mid 1800's when police started becoming a thing, we had sheriffs and constables. The sheriffs were voted in by the people, and they chose their constables. This became less feasible with the growing of cities and the protests surrounding European immigrants on the east coast. Police in many instances were formed for crowd control.

    Also you can argue that guards/watchmen were not that militarized. They may have had weapons and armor, but civilians still had knives and farming tools and could reasonably fight back. The power disparity is much stronger here. You have unarmed protesters against a force that could mow down the entire crowd if they wanted to. They have aerial support. They have chemical weapons that may I remind you, are against the Geneva convention.

    Why the fuck do soldiers dealing with potential foreign threats have more training and culpability than police dealing with potential domestic threats. Why can we use tear gas on peaceful protesters, but not on ISIS. That is fucked up. Police need heavy reform and the current force needs to be disbanded in a calculated way.

    I think we can do this by setting a federal standard for certification and allowing all existing officers to attend these classes for free while still maintaining their jobs as police. If they pass, they pass. If they don't pass, they don't pass. Misconduct should be an automatic barring from re-entering the police force in a different dept. There was literally some FL PD that said they'll take any officer being charged with police abuse. Like wtf? These people literally don't think the excessive violence and militarization is a problem. They are so far removed from reality it is disgusting. These people cannot be allowed to retain power over average civilians.

    I just want cops who give a fuck about protecting people. We shouldn't have 19 year old cops. It should be a minimum of 2 years training and education and psychological tests. We also need to stop using chemical weapons on our own citizens. It's literally just analogues of chlorine gas and is fairly comparable in effects, without the lethality that chlorine gas presents.
  12. #52
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace We also need to stop using chemical weapons on our own citizens. It's literally just analogues of chlorine gas and is fairly comparable in effects, without the lethality that chlorine gas presents.

    That's the point. Also it's not an analog of chlorine, not even close. It's made from o-chlorobenzaldehyde which is also used in the production of benzodiazapines.
  13. #53
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    What they're doing right now is building computerized particle weapons in space, which they can then use on the people on a mass scale.
  14. #54
    Leaked photos of the defense department DARPA design document for the XRM42-LOIC "Low Orbit Ion Cannon"

    They plan to use this against domestic terrorists to laser beam them from space.



    Remember that genius scientist that invented a lightbulb that's 50x brighter and uses a quarter of the energy? well the lightbulb and energy industries didn't like that one bit. The media says his hot water tank "exploded" but actually what happened was one of the first tests of an orbital strike weapon. If you reverse image search this on google you will only find government controlled disinfo sites, all info about this pic have been removed from the internet as part of the cover up.

    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  15. #55
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    People have NO IDEA what they're up against now. They DON'T HAVE A CLUE what kind of monster they've created. They just can't even imagine it. Better to just live the illusion. Safer. Less stress. That's why they offer you a blindfold at your execution.
  16. #56
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace Yes. But they didn't really jail people back then. It's a really recent thing keeping people locked up for their crimes instead of just exiling/mutilating/beating/killing them. Jails were for prisoners of war who could be used or sold as slaves. The prison industrial system, lack of any sort of certification to become a cop, and the amassing of ticketing/seizure/etc funds by the dept who issues them, has led to RAMPANT abuse both by police and by legislators who stand to profit from keeping the status quo of America being the most incarcerated nation in human history.

    We've been at it for about 150 years and the issue has only been getting worse. Prior to the mid 1800's when police started becoming a thing, we had sheriffs and constables. The sheriffs were voted in by the people, and they chose their constables. This became less feasible with the growing of cities and the protests surrounding European immigrants on the east coast. Police in many instances were formed for crowd control.

    Also you can argue that guards/watchmen were not that militarized. They may have had weapons and armor, but civilians still had knives and farming tools and could reasonably fight back. The power disparity is much stronger here. You have unarmed protesters against a force that could mow down the entire crowd if they wanted to. They have aerial support. They have chemical weapons that may I remind you, are against the Geneva convention.

    Why the fuck do soldiers dealing with potential foreign threats have more training and culpability than police dealing with potential domestic threats. Why can we use tear gas on peaceful protesters, but not on ISIS. That is fucked up. Police need heavy reform and the current force needs to be disbanded in a calculated way.

    I think we can do this by setting a federal standard for certification and allowing all existing officers to attend these classes for free while still maintaining their jobs as police. If they pass, they pass. If they don't pass, they don't pass. Misconduct should be an automatic barring from re-entering the police force in a different dept. There was literally some FL PD that said they'll take any officer being charged with police abuse. Like wtf? These people literally don't think the excessive violence and militarization is a problem. They are so far removed from reality it is disgusting. These people cannot be allowed to retain power over average civilians.

    I just want cops who give a fuck about protecting people. We shouldn't have 19 year old cops. It should be a minimum of 2 years training and education and psychological tests. We also need to stop using chemical weapons on our own citizens. It's literally just analogues of chlorine gas and is fairly comparable in effects, without the lethality that chlorine gas presents.

    tg,dr.
  17. #57
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    They were testing the particle weapons on Californian neighborhoods not too long ago.
  18. #58
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood That's the point. Also it's not an analog of chlorine, not even close. It's made from o-chlorobenzaldehyde which is also used in the production of benzodiazapines.

    tear gas is a general term

    chloroacetophenone is another one. All of them besides maybe pepper spray contain chloride/chlorine. I don't think you know what an analogue is and only know of it in RC terms.
  19. #59
    Chlorine is an element so anything containing chlorine atoms could be called an "analog"
  20. #60
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood Chlorine is an element so anything containing chlorine atoms could be called an "analog"

    I was gonna stick to my guns but yeah, you're right. It's not really an analogue.

    I called them analogues mainly because the pharmacodynamics are incredibly similar between chlorine and these chloride based gasses even as far as comparing specific receptor affinities and the EC50. They're also heavier than chlorine gas.

    Legally there's nothing stopping cops here from using chlorine gas or whatever the fuck they want but it probably wouldn't do well in court. There's no legislation on what the police here can and can't use. If they want to bring a shotgun to a traffic stop, they can.
Jump to Top