User Controls

40 bucks an hour for security work good?

snab_snib African Astronaut
    i just got a call from my bosses boss. he wants me to come in tomorrow and sign a NDA to start working a second shift doing patrols of the corporate property for forty dollars an hour on a 3 month contract. that's more than i make as a flag technician, and i'm not allowed to talk to my coworkers about this. have any of you done this sort of gig? he told me i'd be expected to carry, which a lot of people do where i work anyways, but this would be overnight stuff. he said he has a tricked out g-wagon with light turrets that i'd be driving... sounds like a great deal. could be extremely boring, just patrolling empty buildings all night.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Oh we can make it exciting
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Damn sounds good. Security always seemed like easy work, just guard stuff, make sure it doesn't run away. A lot better than having to make stuff.
    i'd rather make/fabricate stuff. i take some joy in that. but the money is good, even though i'll probably be bored out of my skull driving in circles for eight hows. how the fuck does nascar do it
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Listen to right wing podcasts on your phone. Check out blogtalkradio.com, therightstuff.biz and Spreaker.
    Its good money. I’d do it if I didn’t already make more than that
    they're all intolerably gay. i hate listening to people talk about their fucking opinions.

i do listen to the histories of heroditus and the golden bough, the golden fleece, etc. but i worry after driving in circles for hours, i'd be hypnotized by the librivox contributors warm, soothing voice and repetition, and maybe miss the niggers trying to sneak in and do whatever it is that niggers do with other peoples stuff.
    im partial to Plato’s Republic
    How about old time Sci Fi?
    https://archive.org/details/OTRR_X_Minus_One_Singles/
    You should hop on the pirate bay and download "The Great Courses". Some, like the Long 19th Century or the History of the British Empire, are long but fascinating.
    Misterigh Houston
    You will likely have to deal with homeless and trash.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country How about old time Sci Fi?
    https://archive.org/details/OTRR_X_Minus_One_Singles/
    You should hop on the pirate bay and download "The Great Courses". Some, like the Long 19th Century or the History of the British Empire, are long but fascinating.

there was this one scifi book i liked called 'vaccuum diagrams'.

Originally posted by Misterigh You will likely have to deal with homeless and trash.

we don't normally... we don't even have security positions at the moment. i'd be the first security this operation has hired. i think it's mostly over-reaction. or an abundance of caution. however you look at it.
    STER0S Space Nigga [the disappointingly unanticipated slab]
    what happens if you break contract?
    Originally posted by STER0S what happens if you break contract?

i'm assuming i will be told to stay far away from any intruder and keep the searchlight on them while contacting police. they're not asking me to search and destroy niggers (unfortunately), just keep assets safe.
    cigreting Dark Matter
    rnt u a mechanic
    technician
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    this is temporary, it's not forever, and it's in addition to my normal work, so it's basically overtime included.
    So you’re meant to be protecting the auto shop tools after-hours from looting niggers
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    This sounds like a set up
    the tools are the technicians responsibility. property, and are locked up, if the tech cares about them. they're also the least expensive assets on the facility. but some of our stock units are worth almost a quarter million dollars and i guess the fear is that there's increased risk of one being jacked or just destroyed out of spite by displaced persons. i don't actually believe it's necessary. he mentioned that he is also having some really high quality tilt pan zoom cameras installed, i'm guessing he wants me to drive around with the g-wagon and lights, go watch the cameras... wash rinse repeat.

my guess is that hiring any company to watch the stock at night would be much more expensive than just taking someone he knows and throwing him money to do the rounds. my bosses boss is not a nice man, but he is a successful businessman.
    Originally posted by Erekshun This sounds like a set up

Can somebody say INSURANCE FRAUD
Jump to Top