User Controls

Illinois set to legalize recreational marijuana

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Senate passed the bill on Wednesday

House passed the bill on Friday

Next step is for gov Pritzker to sign the bill. He campaigned on marijuana reform, helped write the bill, and posted on twitter that he can't wait to sign it. So it's pretty much going to happen.

The bill is still horrendously corrupt so that only rich people with 500,000 in liquid assets and 2,000,000 in bonds with the dept of agriculture can apply for the 25,000 application to grow or open a shop. First year costs 200,000 in fees and then it's 100,000 every year after that.

There are some measures to help out minorities which include government loans to help them during the initial auctions for these licenses. Which is ridiculous to begin with, because only rich ass minorities are going to be able to play the game anyway. Not sure who they think this is helping. Seems like this entire bill was written to placate the populace. Legalize marijuana = good. Minorities = good. Incredibly prohibitive startup costs? Who cares we have weed 420 haze it amirit?

The way the taxes will be distributed are pretty good though. Only 35% goes to the state general fund and the rest is going to schools, rehabilitation facilities, programs for impoverished communities, etc. I hope it pans out and Pritzker doesn't turn out to be the 7th corrupt governor of IL.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Not a cent of that money will ever reach any schools, rehabilitation facilities, programs or impoverished communities, and you can bet your last dollar on that. The pigs at the feeding trough would never in a million years allow that to happen.
    Dregs African Astronaut [that freakishly double-edged allmouth]
    thanks for the idea Spectral. Gonna have bacon melts for lunch.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Not a cent of that money will ever reach any schools, rehabilitation facilities, programs or impoverished communities, and you can bet your last dollar on that. The pigs at the feeding trough would never in a million years allow that to happen.

It's written into the bill itself. The money will go to the schools. If Pritzker is corrupt it simply means that he'll give his construction friends info for the job auctions so they can get the lowest bid, and then he can funnel that money back to himself like several of our governors have already done.

Chicago schools are some of the most dilapidated in the country so there'd definitely be a lot of money to be made doing this. This is exactly what Blagojevich did lol. Wouldn't be surprised if that's why the general fund slice is so low.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I'm gonna move to chicago, smoke that legal weed and stay for free at extended stay america and go motel hopping for free hot breakfast
    Originally posted by Ghost I'm gonna move to chicago, smoke that legal weed and stay for free at extended stay america and go motel hopping for free hot breakfast

Go to Portillo's for the Italian beef and Lou Malnati's for the sausage and mushroom deep dish.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by GGG The money will go to the schools.

Yeah, sure it will. Wait and see.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Yeah, sure it will. Wait and see.

I don't think you understand how government corruption works. They don't just write themselves a check and steal the funds. They still have to spend the money in the right places to funnel it.
    Originally posted by GGG I don't think you understand how government corruption works. They don't just write themselves a check and steal the funds. They still have to spend the money in the right places to funnel it.

What these scumbags do is appoint "studies" and "contracts" with the money, then funnel off all the money to their buddies, who then kick it back to them in various forms which aren't easy to detect. If you're a politician, you are a scumbag thief by default; there's no mystery. If you weren't a scumbag thief, you wouldn't be able to be a politician.
    Ghost Black Hole
    This wonderful property could be your home for less than $40,000. Located in the south side of Chicago in the neighborhood of West Englewood, only a block away from a police station. There is also a KFC down the road and FIFTEEN fucking churches within walking distance.

It's a bit of a fixer up'er. Who needs windows anyways? You will have all the privacy you need.. I wonder if that BBQ comes with the house as well.

Ahh just look at that sturdy back deck, I can see myself sitting back there on a warm morning in my comfy chair smoking a menthol cigarette and sipping a coffee.

Gas stove, double door fridge and a large McDonalds cup, you know the last person that lived here lived like royalty.

Holy fuck it has a FULL BASEMENT! It's almost like it was made for the specific purpose of growing weed. Look at that sturdy concrete you could torture someone down there and nobody would ever hear them scream

Dregs African Astronaut [that freakishly double-edged allmouth]
    I could easily live there. Hell maybe rent a few rooms out to any fellow niggas that need a place to stay. I don't need a lot to survive just a decent bed and good food. Internet of course lol. The rest can go to whomever rents out.
    Originally posted by FAG Incredibly prohibitive startup costs?

the law is written by, to and for tobacco industry.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL What these scumbags do is appoint "studies" and "contracts" with the money, then funnel off all the money to their buddies, who then kick it back to them in various forms which aren't easy to detect. If you're a politician, you are a scumbag thief by default; there's no mystery. If you weren't a scumbag thief, you wouldn't be able to be a politician.

Lmfao that is exactly what I said above. The schools still get the work done on them though, even if the money is funneled away from the contractor. Like, if your politician buddy tells you you'll win the bid at 5 dollars, you bid 5 dollars and win the job. Now you get those 5 dollars because you had the lowest bid. You give 1 dollar to your politician friend, and now you're still making money with 4 dollars because you now have a job you wouldn't have had before, and the government overpays for these things anyway. But the school still gets the same amount of construction done no matter what.
    Originally posted by FAG Lmfao that is exactly what I said above. The schools still get the work done on them though, even if the money is funneled away from the contractor. Like, if your politician buddy tells you you'll win the bid at 5 dollars, you bid 5 dollars and win the job. Now you get those 5 dollars because you had the lowest bid. You give 1 dollar to your politician friend, and now you're still making money with 4 dollars because you now have a job you wouldn't have had before, and the government overpays for these things anyway. But the school still gets the same amount of construction done no matter what.

this is retarded. what if someone tendered the job for 4.9 dollars.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny the law is written by, to and for tobacco industry.

Yep. I don't get why people don't see that. The tobacco industry invests HEAVILY in e-cigarettes and marijuana. Altria owns Juul for fuck's sake. They also just invested 1.8 billion into Canadian marijuana. Big pharma does it too. GW just got some CBD prescription approved by the FDA last year.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny this is retarded. what if someone tendered the job for 4.9 dollars.

When you bid you have to submit a paper with your plan for the job and what your costs are going to be and whatnot, which opens room for A LOT of discrimination and choice. It's not just the lowest bidder. It's the 'best' bidder though price is obviously a big factor.

Sometimes the bribe is given before bidding so that they'll be chosen. Sometimes shady billing can be pushed through and distributed later. Sometimes they set up ridiculous qualifications so they can be 'just' in weeding out those who they don't want to get the job.

I don't know how they ensure that they can do this EVERY time but it obviously works or my state wouldn't have had several governors imprisoned for it already.
    Originally posted by GGG it obviously works or my state wouldn't have had several governors imprisoned for it already.

not as well as intended, obviously.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny not as well as intended, obviously.

Yeah nobody has ever gotten away with it we catch every single one, so dumb
    Originally posted by GGG Yeah nobody has ever gotten away with it we catch every single one, so dumb

not with the clintons still out there.

and plenty of dod's revolving door.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Not a cent of that money will ever reach any schools, rehabilitation facilities, programs or impoverished communities, and you can bet your last dollar on that. The pigs at the feeding trough would never in a million years allow that to happen.

Reminds me of the promise of money from gambling in Missouri promised to go for education. Technically, it does, but...the legislature then just took a corresponding amount out of the education fund and put it into general revenue.

Fucking lying politicians.
Jump to Top