User Controls

Anyone else in Love with Afghanistan?

Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    For some reason this insane place gives me a sense of calm and beauty. This lawless country has been the graveyard of empires and intent on self determination for millennia. I want to roam the khyber pass with an AK and pick raw pomegranates then go home to one of my 4 wives and make babies and smoke opium. The Afghans I've met have been 4/10, just kinda backwards but bout it bout it.

Anyone else feel the restive call of a warzone? inb4fbi
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    WellHung Black Hole
    Yes, I would love for the Taliban to behead u.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I've never met an Afghan. Landscape seems nice though
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Sudo For some reason this insane place gives me a sense of calm and beauty. This lawless country has been the graveyard of empires and intent on self determination for millennia. I want to roam the khyber pass with an AK and pick raw pomegranates then go home to one of my 4 wives and make babies and smoke opium. The Afghans I've met have been 4/10, just kinda backwards but bout it bout it.

Anyone else feel the restive call of a warzone? inb4fbi

In 2 weeks your soft suburban ass would be crying for home... And all its creature comforts.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I dunno, opium on tap might negate a lot of those wants
    Meat Yung Blood
    I think its cool that you can snowboard and ski there as well as Iran.
    The world is pretty cool if you could remove the govt.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I used to have an Afghani coworker (like, "F.O.B.", straight outta Afghanistan) who actually had a pretty interesting story about how him and a bunch of his siblings all jumped the border to a neighboring country (Iran, maybe? this was over 10 years ago that he told me all this) so that they could move to Canada.

Despite all the opium and pomegranates and multiple wives and all that, I can't help but factor in that this family risked their lives just to escape the place.
    He brought a chick over to my place once and fucked her in my bed while I fucked around on the computer in my living room.

My Japanese landlady made smoothies for us.

Ah, the nostalgia.
    Meat Yung Blood
    Canada is pretty sweet. No matter what those dudes tell you they had a really hard time living there.
    The landscape is beautiful and it's typically not an oppressive theocracy. The pashtun tribal areas are kinda like mad max but that's part of the charm. The mountains and hindu kush are beautiful and I want to dig up and try to find some of the forgotten Buddhas. The pictures of the Buddhas that the Taliban destroyed make me want for more. Also, yes, like aldra said, fresh opium
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by aldra I dunno, opium on tap might negate a lot of those wants

Ill agree with that... I hear nothing but good things about those Afghan poppies.
    Originally posted by Meat Canada is pretty sweet. No matter what those dudes tell you they had a really hard time living there.

I've talked to vets and they all pretty much hated being outside their camps because they were viewed as "occupiers" and Afghans are historically cynical of outsiders. I suspect I'd be greeted relatively similarly
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by gadzooks He brought a chick over to my place once and fucked her in my bed while I fucked around on the computer in my living room.

My Japanese landlady made smoothies for us.

Ah, the nostalgia.

Your landlady kicks it with you guys? Dude you got a nice little community over there... reminds me of my college days. i miss the social life.
    WellHung Black Hole
    The landscape and the terrain does look pretty fucken cool... However, how can you fully relax and enjoy yourself when there's IEDs scattered all over the place? Id be one Nervous Nellie...
    Originally posted by WellHung Your landlady kicks it with you guys? Dude you got a nice little community over there… reminds me of my college days. i miss the social life.

This one did.

I've had at least a dozen different landlords/landladies, but most of them didn't interact with me all that much (except come rent day, of course).
    Meat Yung Blood
    Originally posted by Sudo I've talked to vets and they all pretty much hated being outside their camps because they were viewed as "occupiers" and Afghans are historically cynical of outsiders. I suspect I'd be greeted relatively similarly

As well as having to listen to the arab soldiers with sexing their boy soldiers. Ive heard a lot of stories of soldiers being told to stand down when arabs molest youngsters.
    Originally posted by Meat As well as having to listen to the arab soldiers with sexing their boy soldiers. Ive heard a lot of stories of soldiers being told to stand down when arabs molest youngsters.

That is fucked up but is basically on the same level as rural american south, brought on by lack of education and just being a retarded fucking faggot. Also, afghans are not Arab.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Sudo That is fucked up but is basically on the same level as rural american south, brought on by lack of education and just being a retarded fucking faggot. Also, afghans are not Arab.

I think they're more like Persians...Iranians.
    Originally posted by WellHung I think they're more like Persians…Iranians.

No, mostly pashtun, nuristanis, turkmen tajiks and uzbeks in the north etc. etc. etc. It's got a ton of different ethnic groups but none can be conquered
    Originally posted by Sudo That is fucked up but is basically on the same level as rural american south, brought on by lack of education and just being a retarded fucking faggot. Also, afghans are not Arab.

This reminds me of a comedic bit from Russell Peters, I believe, about how all the middle easterners you see on the news yelling "death to America!" are basically the rednecks of the middle east.

It was like a decade ago that I remember hearing that, but it really stuck with me.
Jump to Top