User Controls

Why in the fuck do tvs have cameras and microphones built in?

PrettyHateMachine African Astronaut
    I was just at frys and I asked this one coon whether or not they had any normal tvs without NSA spying equipment built in and the nog was like "We don't have any tvs without cameras" ...
    First off, why in the FUCK would a tv have a camera in the first place and secondly why isn't there any option to buy one without?
    It is literally bullshit that there wouldn't be options for people, this points to a concentrated effort to get people in on this against their own will.
    The only use I could see for this is that normies are so brain-dead and lazy that instead of spending a couple minutes looking through their jediflix for some jedi propaganda on their own, they need a camera to register their face then poke through their beast system profile to determine what they should spoon feed the user, other than that there would be absolute no reason for a tv to have a camera built in.
    This is fucking bullshit to the highest degree.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    So they can watch and hear you.

Duh.

But, who is "they" ?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    PrettyHateMachine African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Rock_N_Rollover So they can watch and hear you.

Duh.

But, who is "they" ?

There are already smartphones for that
    Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    Originally posted by PrettyHateMachine There are already smartphones for that

Good answer.

Just put some tape over the camera lens.
    esbity African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Rock_N_Rollover Good answer.

Just put some tape over the camera lens.

It would be better to detach the camera cable and the microphone cable.
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    "I always feel like someone is watching me.."
    Hellobadkitty Houston [fasten my mousey hotspur]
    Now that songs in my head😭
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    were you planning on putting a bigscreen in ur car?
    Manonfire African Astronaut
    Lolol
    RestStop Space Nigga
    That dog is HIGH END tho!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    if I end up buying a high-end one anytime soon I'm going to physically remove the camera/microphone modules, though I'm afraid it'll refuse to boot if they're not detected
    Cootehill African Astronaut [my unsymmetrically blurry oregano]
    First of all that isn't true, lots of cheap TVs have no camera.

For higher end models, the camera and mic module costs something like $2. No reason not to just throw it in.

Just don't connect your TV to the internet. Problem solved.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    yah but the guy could probably tell OP was a retard so he just said yeah all the TV sets have spygear installed for the lols
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Originally posted by aldra if I end up buying a high-end one anytime soon I'm going to physically remove the camera/microphone modules, though I'm afraid it'll refuse to boot if they're not detected

They will boot, at least, any one I have come across will. That goes for smartphones, TVs, laptops, etc. The cam/mic is deemed as NOT ESSENTIAL, so it passes POST and the OS generally lets it boot. However, that isn't to say that a firmware "update" couldn't introduce such measures to ensure the cam/mic is always attached.

We can take certain measures to lessen the watch of "BIG BROTHER", but in an interconnected world, we're being "watched" somehow no matter what we're doing. When we use our grocery store member card, when we use public transit with some sort of transit program card, when we use our credit cards, when we browse websites online, just by owning a smartphone and the apps that have permissions to listen to the mics and activate the cameras, the shows that we watch on TV, etc.

You'd have to only work for pay in cash, only use cash, not have a bank account, no credit card, no smartphone, no computer or internet, no grocery discount/member card, no public transport pass/card, etc. Live in the woods, generating your own electricity by solar panels you installed to the roof, your own well you dug and tapped with a pump, and grow your own vegetables/manage your own livestock. Then you never see your family, go into town for supplies with a disguise on each time and never on a schedule. That's the only way you could even begin to touch on being truly anonymous.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Grimace They will boot, at least, any one I have come across will. That goes for smartphones, TVs, laptops, etc. The cam/mic is deemed as NOT ESSENTIAL, so it passes POST and the OS generally lets it boot. However, that isn't to say that a firmware "update" couldn't introduce such measures to ensure the cam/mic is always attached.

We can take certain measures to lessen the watch of "BIG BROTHER", but in an interconnected world, we're being "watched" somehow no matter what we're doing. When we use our grocery store member card, when we use public transit with some sort of transit program card, when we use our credit cards, when we browse websites online, just by owning a smartphone and the apps that have permissions to listen to the mics and activate the cameras, the shows that we watch on TV, etc.

You'd have to only work for pay in cash, only use cash, not have a bank account, no credit card, no smartphone, no computer or internet, no grocery discount/member card, no public transport pass/card, etc. Live in the woods, generating your own electricity by solar panels you installed to the roof, your own well you dug and tapped with a pump, and grow your own vegetables/manage your own livestock. Then you never see your family, go into town for supplies with a disguise on each time and never on a schedule. That's the only way you could even begin to touch on being truly anonymous.

in the city im living in they have started installing cameras in every intersections and junctions years back.

theres no escape.
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Originally posted by benny vader in the city im living in they have started installing cameras in every intersections and junctions years back.

theres no escape.

Yes. That has been a thing here for quite awhile now. Every intersection has cameras that face you, to record your face and away from you to record your license plate number as you pass under. There is an escape, but you essentially have to completely abandon 21st century life and live in the woods.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Grimace Yes. That has been a thing here for quite awhile now. Every intersection has cameras that face you, to record your face and away from you to record your license plate number as you pass under. There is an escape, but you essentially have to completely abandon 21st century life and live in the woods.

the woods too will be full of cameras set up by ''conservationists'' to track ''animals''.

for ''researches'' purpose.
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    Do things to confuse the watcher. Like hanging up jeditastic home goods.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by PrettyHateMachine I was just at frys and I asked this one coon whether or not they had any normal tvs without NSA spying equipment built in and the nog was like "We don't have any tvs without cameras" …
    First off, why in the FUCK would a tv have a camera in the first place and secondly why isn't there any option to buy one without?
    It is literally bullshit that there wouldn't be options for people, this points to a concentrated effort to get people in on this against their own will.
    The only use I could see for this is that normies are so brain-dead and lazy that instead of spending a couple minutes looking through their jediflix for some jedi propaganda on their own, they need a camera to register their face then poke through their beast system profile to determine what they should spoon feed the user, other than that there would be absolute no reason for a tv to have a camera built in.
    This is fucking bullshit to the highest degree.

that is all. carry on
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader the woods too ARE be full of cameras set up by ''conservationists'' to track ''animals''.

for ''researches'' purpose.

fixed
Jump to Top