User Controls

Dargo: The Psychologist

RisiR † 29 Autism
    Hahahahaha.... oh my.

Come at me, boy. It's time to get smoked.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I sense a disturbance in the force.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    He's literally not a psychologist. That's what I can sense.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by RisiR † He's literally not a psychologist. That's what I can sense.

It is my suspicion that you are right.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    I would like Dargo to examine me. What are we doing, taking numbers, or is this by appointment only?
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Get the fuck outta here.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by RisiR † Get the fuck outta here.

You just want Dargo all to yourself.
    Dargo: the faggot

A match made in heaven. What did you and finny have a lovers quarrel?
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Originally posted by -SpectraL You just want Dargo all to yourself.

Yup.
    Originally posted by RisiR † Yup.

Full homo.

I am a shrink tho. And I'll admit it's a pretty gay job, but it pays well and leaves with with plenty of free time, so score.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    The thought of you being a practicing Psychologist is absolutely hilarious.

You have been nothing but a liar so far so I'm not surprised. Lies, nothing but lies. You got away with so many of them that you got your "master troll level achieved" e-dick stroked to the point where you have the delusion of being psychologically superior to the rest of the userbase so now we get this gimmick.

Cute but nothing new.
    Originally posted by RisiR † The thought of you being a practicing Psychologist is absolutely hilarious.

You have been nothing but a liar so far so I'm not surprised. Lies, nothing but lies. You got away with so many of them that you got your "master troll level achieved" e-dick stroked to the point where you have the delusion of being psychologically superior to the rest of the userbase so now we get this gimmick.

Cute but nothing new.

lolwhut

When have I ever lied to you? I say a lot of dumb shit, but no lies come to mind.

Also, I don't think I'm superior for being a psychologist. I've already admitted it's one of the easiest jobs in the world.
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Dargo lolwhut

When have I ever lied to you? I say a lot of dumb shit, but no lies come to mind.

Also, I don't think I'm superior for being a psychologist. I've already admitted it's one of the easiest jobs in the world.

If your job is so gay why did you choose it? Was it for the money? Do you believe a psychologist deserves the money they make if their job is actually so easy and gay? Are you a good person?
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind If your job is so gay why did you choose it? Was it for the money? Do you believe a psychologist deserves the money they make if their job is actually so easy and gay? Are you a good person?

I chose it because it was easy to study in college, and even easier to practice. I have a fair amount of free time outside of work. It also pays well, with the potential to pay very well if I earn a reputation.

For the most part, I don't think psychologists deserve the money they make. 98% of people I see have menial problems and just need to talk. It used to be they'd turn to friends, family, neighbors, pastors, etc. for counseling, and I don't see why they've stopped. In many cases I actually offer less to people because I don't know them as well as the people in their everyday lives.

As far as being a good person, I guess I am reasonably so. I've done some fucked up shit before, but who hasn't really. I'm not a deviant or a crook if that's what you're wondering.
    Ok. I appreciate the apparent honesty in your post, although I find it somewhat depressing. The part about you choosing your career not out of passion or any real belief that it can help people, but rather, because it was easy and pays well is depressing. The part about how people don't talk to each other as much as they should is depressing. But accurate.

You seem like the type who would want to do the "right thing" in most imaginable situations. I like that. But I have to ask, does it not bother you at all to be working a job you don't believe is very effective, making money you don't believe you really deserve? Do you feel like it is the right thing to be doing?
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Stranger things have happened. I used to chill and smoke Newports with doctors and lawyers in club fed in Kentucky 8 years ago. Haven't talked to him in ages but I used to be a tech guy for a lawyer who ran for congress he didn't win but he was the runner up and didn't even get beat all that bad.
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind Ok. I appreciate the apparent honesty in your post, although I find it somewhat depressing. The part about you choosing your career not out of passion or any real belief that it can help people, but rather, because it was easy and pays well is depressing. The part about how people don't talk to each other as much as they should is depressing. But accurate.

You seem like the type who would want to do the "right thing" in most imaginable situations. I like that. But I have to ask, does it not bother you at all to be working a job you don't believe is very effective, making money you don't believe you really deserve? Do you feel like it is the right thing to be doing?

It doesn't bother me, no. I do help people, they walk away feeling better, learning new coping strategies, etc. etc., and I like that. I simply think they could/should find care from other people instead.

What often comes up is that people don't have anyone in their lives to talk to though. They feel more comfortable talking to me because I am legally obligated to keep their secrets (well, to an extent), they think I'm non-biased, and I have a 'trustworthy professional title'.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Dargo It doesn't bother me, no. I do help people, they walk away feeling better, learning new coping strategies, etc. etc., and I like that. I simply think they could/should find care from other people instead.

What often comes up is that people don't have anyone in their lives to talk to though. They feel more comfortable talking to me because I am legally obligated to keep their secrets (well, to an extent), they think I'm non-biased, and I have a 'trustworthy professional title'.

Do you have colleagues and if you do do you see them taking advantage of desperate people? I mean like..prescribing unnecessary medication, misdiagnosing them, making the number of visits unnecessarily long/frequent? I had to see some type of psychologist when I was like 13 because I ate 16 Xanax bars and then went to school (LOL!) she diagnosed me with depression but nothing was done after I finished attending my legally required appointments(I mean who isn't an angsty faggot at 13?)
    Ok. I just always wanted to ask a psychologist that. One more thing: imagine someone comes to see you and they tell you that they believe something that is obviously crazy and not true. What do you do? Do you try to convince them they are wrong? Do you simply listen and analyze? Do you commit them to the mental ward?
    Originally posted by RestStop Do you have colleagues and if you do do you see them taking advantage of desperate people? I mean like..prescribing unnecessary medication, misdiagnosing them, making the number of visits unnecessarily long/frequent? I had to see some type of psychologist when I was like 13 because I ate 16 Xanax bars and then went to school (LOL!) she diagnosed me with depression but nothing was done after I finished attending my legally required appointments(I mean who isn't an angsty faggot at 13?)

I have a few colleagues, but they're upstanding as far as I know. I have worked in practices where the other shrinks were shit though. A lot of them like to diagnose depression because it's an easy label to slap on someone and makes their job easier because they don't have to listen to their client's concerns as much. They brush it off as 'oh you're just depressed, try some drugs'.

Another thing I noticed them doing was diagnosing severe illnesses or saying someone had tendencies of a severe illness when that wasn't the case. Treating more high-profile wackos always looks better on your record.

We can't actually prescribe drugs. What most often happens is we give someone a recommendation for drugs that they then take to their doctor or psychiatrist. Our recommendations carry a lot of weight, so it is very unusual for doctors not to follow them. Doctors usually don't even want to do a thorough examination of someone when they've already been evaluated.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top