User Controls

how to deal with crushing loneliness

if i don't have homework to do, a girl in my bed, or drugs coursing through my veins im fucking totally hopeless

how 2 fix?
    runescape
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by crabbypenguin runescape

no
    Its 2017 you aren't supposed to be happy unless its chemically or electronically induced
    Originally posted by greenplastic no

suffer then bitch
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump Its 2017 you aren't supposed to be happy unless its chemically or electronically induced

how 2 electronically induce happiness

can i build some sort of circuitry into my brain that i press a button and it send shocks that release dopamine
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by greenplastic if i don't have homework to do, a girl in my bed, or drugs coursing through my veins im fucking totally hopeless

how 2 fix?

suicide is your best option

live-streamed like that christmas-ornament girl so your useless existence can provide some small semblance of vindication on the universe in its error of allowing your birth instead of a fitting miscarriage in your mother's rectum
    Originally posted by greenplastic how 2 electronically induce happiness

can i build some sort of circuitry into my brain that i press a button and it send shocks that release dopamine

Girlrock and computers
    Originally posted by infinityshock suicide is your best option

live-streamed like that christmas-ornament girl so your useless existence can provide some small semblance of vindication on the universe in its error of allowing your birth instead of a fitting miscarriage in your mother's rectum

if i ever suicide im taking u with me
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by greenplastic how 2 electronically induce happiness

http://www.lovense.com/bluetooth-remote-control-vibrator
    You are trying to derive pleasure from human things.

This is the year of the rattex. Go on Facebook and eat kale listen to jedi music like everyone else shut up and be happy. Do legal drugs and SSRIs
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by infinityshock suicide is your best option

Which girl are you referring to?
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Sophie Which girl are you referring to?

the one that live streamed her hanging from a tree in the woods
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by infinityshock the one that live streamed her hanging from a tree in the woods

The 12yo? That was pretty sad tbh. Rip Katey.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by greenplastic if i don't have homework to do, a girl in my bed, or drugs coursing through my veins im fucking totally hopeless

how 2 fix?

half serious unsolicited advice incoming:

I know "get a hobby" is a cliche but it's around for a reason. I think ennui is one of the most destructive psychological forces we can experience, but it's dual in distraction only marginally better. Neither state can support the emotional needs of an adult. It's critical to find ways to spend your time that you're internally motivated to pursue (so not as a means to an end i.e. doing homework, going to a job) for reasons other than simply avoiding boredom like drugs, TV, whatever, which can be fun and worthwhile but can't constitute your only noncompulsory activity.

I think most people recognize this, but it can be difficult the find things that fit this criteria, seeking out something that isn't mere distraction for the sake of avoiding the pain of boredom almost seems paradoxical. I think most pursuits that are rewarding in a holistic sense are those that lack immediate appeal. There's this paper I really like, I think I've mentioned it before, called proleptic reasons that discusses this, undertaking high-cost (not necessarily monetarily, but in terms of effort, time, opportunity cost in other more pleasurable activities) projects before the value of those projects are fully understood or directly perceptible to your hedonic faculties.

IDK, they say advice is just anecdotes plus overgeneralization but it rings true to me. The things in my life that give me the most joy do so in ways I couldn't have even conceived of prior to immersing myself in them. For years when learning to program I just wanted to make games or this or that program, I had to push myself to practice, to put time aside, reminding myself there was the reward of having some piece of software in the end. But slowly over time, hardly even noticeable, my motivations changed and I came to enjoy the activity itself, it stopped being about the product and became about the process. People talk about "flow state" which sounds really dorky and pop-psych-y to me but I really do think the experience of total engagement in something that's challenging is about the most sustainable sense of contentment you can manage.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    why cant i read anything longer than a sentence
    Lol amp induced wall telling you to get a hobby I have been saying that all year. Lanny is a funny goy.
    Originally posted by Lanny half serious unsolicited advice incoming:

I know "get a hobby" is a cliche but it's around for a reason. I think ennui is one of the most destructive psychological forces we can experience, but it's dual in distraction only marginally better. Neither state can support the emotional needs of an adult. It's critical to find ways to spend your time that you're internally motivated to pursue (so not as a means to an end i.e. doing homework, going to a job) for reasons other simply avoiding boredom like drugs, TV, whatever, which can be fun and worthwhile but can't constitute your only noncompulsory activity.

I think most people recognize this, but it can be difficult the find things that fit this criteria, seeking out something that isn't mere distraction for the sake of avoiding the pain of boredom almost seems paradoxical. I think most pursuits that are rewarding in a holistic sense are those that lack immediate appeal. There's this paper I really like, I think I've mentioned it before, called proleptic reasons that discusses this, undertaking high-cost (not necessarily monetarily, but in terms of effort, time, opportunity cost in other more pleasurable activities) projects before the value of those projects are fully understood or directly perceptible to your hedonic faculties.

IDK, they say advice is just anecdotes plus overgeneralization but it rings true to me. The things in my life that give me the most joy do so in ways I couldn't have even conceived up prior to immersing myself in them. For years when learning to program I just wanted to make games or this or that program, I had to push myself to practice, to put time aside, reminding myself there was the reward of having some piece of software in the end. But slowly over time, hardly even noticeable, my motivations changed and I came to enjoy the activity itself, it stopped being about the product and became about the process. People talk about "flow state" which sounds really dorky and pop-psych-y to me but I really do think the experience of total engagement in something that's challenging is about the most sustainable sense of contentment you can manage.

Yea...I mean, I guess I already knew that. I just have trouble actually motivating myself to do shit when I don't absolutely have to do it. I know what you mean by "flow" and I experience that too when I'm engaged in studying or doing homework. I've definitely gotten really into programming before also where I'm totally focused on it, I just like....won't do that on spring break. idk maybe I just need to buckle down and get to it.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Sophie The 12yo? That was pretty sad tbh. Rip Katey.

probably.

if you say so...it was her choice
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by greenplastic Yea…I mean, I guess I already knew that. I just have trouble actually motivating myself to do shit when I don't absolutely have to do it. I know what you mean by "flow" and I experience that too when I'm engaged in studying or doing homework. I've definitely gotten really into programming before also where I'm totally focused on it, I just like….won't do that on spring break. idk maybe I just need to buckle down and get to it.

Yeah, I don't think there's any answer for the motivation issue, you just have to grind at it and know that it gets easier. Goals are certainly helpful in the interim while you don't have internal motivation, but you still kinda just need the force of will to stick to them.

Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump Lol amp induced wall telling you to get a hobby I have been saying that all year. Lanny is a funny goy.

Jump to Top