User Controls

Skim Coating Damaged Drywall

Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]

I removed the wallpaper and it looked like shit.
    I painted it with RX-35 or some type of sealer.
    Then I did a skim coat or something.
    Maybe it looks like shit but it's still a wall and it's my wall.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Jesus christ

Use a longer trowel to apply whatever the fuck you're using then sand it
    Bradley Black Hole
    looks aight
    Might try rolling on the next coat.
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    That's gonna look really nice when it all catches on fire
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    dude, get a paint roller and wet the sheetrock mud down till you can roll it like thick ass paint one coat should cover everything amd then sand smooth and paint
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by POLECAT dude, get a paint roller and wet the sheetrock mud down till you can roll it like thick ass paint one coat should cover everything amd then sand smooth and paint

What type of roller should I use?
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    watch some u tube vids to see how the mexicans are doin it but a 1/2" nap roller works fine, you have 2 options on smoothing it out meaning the nap marks from the roller.
    1 you can sand it off with a 9" orbital sheetrock sander you can rent from a tool rental place or a 5" orbital sander you may have already or purchase for under 100 bucks but thats about the same price as renting a sheetrock sander and vacuum the 9" is way easier
    2 you can try to blade it smooth with a wide sheetrock blade and then sand it when dry.

remember when rolling it out to watch the fresh rolled area vs the last rolled out section thicker thinner areas will equalize as you roll it back n forth. having the rock mud the right wetness is key, to dry and it wont roll properly to wet and it will not stay where you put it.

also dryer will show more nap from the roller , to wet will droop or roll out to thin .

hope it helps,, no one was around to teach me how, i just went for it cuz i knew my sheetrock skimmimg was not at a professional level and it would take a shitload of sanding and coats,, rollin only takes one coat on a skim job
    Charles Ex Machina African Astronaut
    or you can just glue sandpaper to a car polisher and use that as a sander like a real man.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by POLECAT watch some u tube vids to see how the mexicans are doin it but a 1/2" nap roller works fine, you have 2 options on smoothing it out meaning the nap marks from the roller.
    1 you can sand it off with a 9" orbital sheetrock sander you can rent from a tool rental place or a 5" orbital sander you may have already or purchase for under 100 bucks but thats about the same price as renting a sheetrock sander and vacuum the 9" is way easier
    2 you can try to blade it smooth with a wide sheetrock blade and then sand it when dry.

remember when rolling it out to watch the fresh rolled area vs the last rolled out section thicker thinner areas will equalize as you roll it back n forth. having the rock mud the right wetness is key, to dry and it wont roll properly to wet and it will not stay where you put it.

also dryer will show more nap from the roller , to wet will droop or roll out to thin .

hope it helps,, no one was around to teach me how, i just went for it cuz i knew my sheetrock skimmimg was not at a professional level and it would take a shitload of sanding and coats,, rollin only takes one coat on a skim job

No one teaches that because it's nigger ghetto tier

Roller pads don't fill in low spots. And even if he took that horrible advice you offer a 1/2" nap is way too small to hold any of that glop you described. I would say at least 3/4"...maybe 1 1/2 because that shit will crush the nap.

My offer was ghetto bad enough but you took it to full nigger town.
    maybe but it works and as longas he isnt trying to skim a fucked up wall itl work its just wallpaper removal he is trying to hide not gaping assholes.

and as for the nap its not even importaint all the nap does is leave a nappy pattern you have to remove with a sheetrock knife or sanding so less is better and I stated to water the mud down so it rolls better and isnt tacky clinging to the roller will only make the nap stand out morerer.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by POLECAT maybe but it works and as longas he isnt trying to skim a fucked up wall itl work its just wallpaper removal he is trying to hide not gaping assholes.

and as for the nap its not even importaint all the nap does is leave a nappy pattern you have to remove with a sheetrock knife or sanding so less is better and I stated to water the mud down so it rolls better and isnt tacky clinging to the roller will only make the nap stand out morerer.

According to the video it looks like the aftermath of a meteor bombardment.

The nap is important in how much mud it's going to hold. It's not paint where it's a liquid...it's drywall mud that has solids exponentially larger than paint. After a few minutes of rolling that slop, the nap is going to mat down into a smaller size.

Watering it down is going to weaken it.

Instead of a major shit show nigger rig he needs to do like they do in hotels and rental properties. Fill in the holes and low spots with a trowel and normal consistency mud...not the watered down slop you're advocating...sand it to a reasonable smoothness...them rent a texture gun and spray the entire disaster with some random textured pattern.
    the nap matters not one bit as the outcome is to get a smooth finish, the holes if any were made by the wheels of death that perforate the wall paper so the water can get in and remove the stickum so the paper comes off leaving 10,000 little pin holes from said wheels of death.

also if you know anything about it u should know its a sheetrock knife not a trowelllllll.
    but u dont know anything you just know how to sound like you know everything.
    your time would be better spent correcting faggots sukin dik and showing them urself how to do it right
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by POLECAT your time would be better spent correcting faggots sukin dik and showing them how to do it right

It's good to see you appreciate my efforts and that they haven't been wasted on you

Thanks Polecat. I had heard about rolling it on but for whatever reason chose not to the first time.
    Rolling the second coat took a fraction of the time (probably 20%) and now I just gotta smooth it all out with my sander because it looks textured.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Ghetto engineering at its finest
    its not ghetto if it saves time and money plus its easier,
    but if he had wet the mud more and back rolled across new to old mud applications to even it out a little better the texture would have been less and then less sanding. if you use hand held orbital sander you will not be happy with resulte go rent a sheetrock sander for half a day and use 100 grit
    Kingoffrogs Appendage of Stan
    Originally posted by Fonaplats

I removed the wallpaper and it looked like shit.
    I painted it with RX-35 or some type of sealer.
    Then I did a skim coat or something.
    Maybe it looks like shit but it's still a wall and it's my wall.

If you put on a good coat of paint it will cover up the sub-par job yew did, Fona.
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    Your still playing with that shit? Jesus dude...
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    At this rate fona is legit gonna destroy his house truing to fix shit lol <3
Jump to Top