User Controls

Dodgy deals on Ali Express

Donald Trump Black Hole

Where else could you get real 2TB MicroSD cards for only €3. They also have USBs, in any size up to 16TB for the same price.

I'm going to order a bunch of them and put all my important documents on them.
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    https://github.com/c0xc/CapacityTester

Memory modules can report whatever size they want to the operating system. Once the actually physical memory gets full it just loops back over and keeps writing. It's dangerous, cos the user won't see any error. Just the files won't open any more. I'm kinda curious to see what size these really are.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Donald Trump Black Hole

Amazingly 64TB costs the exact same as 32TB.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Donald Trump

Where else could you get real 2TB MicroSD cards for only €3. They also have USBs, in any size up to 16TB for the same price.

I'm going to order a bunch of them and put all my important documents on them.

I've seen that before.

They're really 2GB
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Originally posted by infinityshock I've seen that before.

They're really 2GB

That makes sense, 2GB is probably the cheapest chip and a lot of people probably don't even use that much space.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Donald Trump That makes sense, 2GB is probably the cheapest chip and a lot of people probably don't even use that much space.

I read an article online about how chinee sell them marked at high capacities but the actual memory onboard is a significant fraction less. When the device (in the case of the article I read...a digital camera) reaches the actual capacity it simply stops saving the data. The author discovered it when using a high-end digital camera that filled the card yet mysteriously didn't register it as being filled.

On photography web forums they talk about it happening frequently...most recently last spring when a quantity of counterfeit 'sandisk' cards were being sold on amazon. That's why I buy all my 'good' memory cards from photography supply retailers. I'm not getting ripped off on a $500 CFexpress card or $300 UHS-II
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    What do you use them for? The first flash drive I bought was a 1GB Lexar for 80 or 90 bucks. We needed them to bring PC games and music to school.

Those counterfeit/mislabeled drives sound like an exercise in frustration to me. I went years without using a flash drive but got some recently. I got a 6 pack of 'PNY Turbo Attache' , went to set one up with a 'Windows to Go' installation with RUFUS and it took over 6 hours to do the install. And over an hour to boot from it. So I learned that budget/general-purpose flash drives can really fucking suck ass for certain things. They're probably OK for occasionally moving a few small things between machines but for small files I'd just do that over the internet, for bigger files ... I guess I might move it over LAN, but 500Mb-1Gb internet is pretty common here now so I might just still do it over the internet.

Anyway I looked for flash drives that dont suck ass and got a 'Samsung BAR', the same RUFUS install took about 8 minutes and it boots in a minute or so ( not really sure, feels pretty similar to booting from a SATA SSD ).

Also just got a little Thunderbolt->2230 NVMe enclosure, and used Samsung NVME drive off ebay ( used 256GB and smaller drives are really cheap , I think because people pull them out of new computers to upgrade immediately to something bigger. ) for a similar price to the Samsung BAR, and it's faster and twice the capacity, just a lil bulkier.

Heres the tests i ran on them
    ~5 dollar drive ( new );

~18 dollar drive ( new );

~30 dollar enclosure ( using RTL9120B chip ) + ~14 dollar NVMe ( used 'Pullout' w/ like 40hrs on it );

Did external SATA or PCIe / NVMe connectors ever catch on? I think I had a mini-itx motherboard that had eSATA connection(s) on the IO area - never used them. Would be cool if it was just standard to have them on the front of PCs. The pre-owned NVMe price and performance blows the other two out of the water except it needed a ( comparatively ) costly enclosure/controller for it.

--
    I used to be more of the 'data hoarder' mindset. It's something I've been reading about recently. People torrent and have all these hard drives full of movies and TV shows, try to downlaod their whole steam library etc. But honestly none of it really makes any sense. If you aren't running a media server to bear the brunt of risk and do a media server full of stolen movies for your friends and family to use, I don't see hte point in keeping that shit around anymore. Literally if I watch a movie I wont want to watch it again for 2 or 3 years most likely. By then literally my internet will just be faster and it will probably be available encoded at a higher bitrate and/or using a better codec than I watched it last time anyway.

Steam games I used to hoard, but literally I usually only actively show interest in one or two games at a time. And they have fast servers so I can go take a crap and even a really big game literally is done downloading already.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by A College Professor What do you use them for? The first flash drive I bought was a 1GB Lexar for 80 or 90 bucks. We needed them to bring PC games and music to school.

Those counterfeit/mislabeled drives sound like an exercise in frustration to me. I went years without using a flash drive but got some recently. I got a 6 pack of 'PNY Turbo Attache' , went to set one up with a 'Windows to Go' installation with RUFUS and it took over 6 hours to do the install. And over an hour to boot from it. So I learned that budget/general-purpose flash drives can really fucking suck ass for certain things. They're probably OK for occasionally moving a few small things between machines but for small files I'd just do that over the internet, for bigger files … I guess I might move it over LAN, but 500Mb-1Gb internet is pretty common here now so I might just still do it over the internet.

Anyway I looked for flash drives that dont suck ass and got a 'Samsung BAR', the same RUFUS install took about 8 minutes and it boots in a minute or so ( not really sure, feels pretty similar to booting from a SATA SSD ).

Also just got a little Thunderbolt->2230 NVMe enclosure, and used Samsung NVME drive off ebay ( used 256GB and smaller drives are really cheap , I think because people pull them out of new computers to upgrade immediately to something bigger. ) for a similar price to the Samsung BAR, and it's faster and twice the capacity, just a lil bulkier.

Heres the tests i ran on them
    ~5 dollar drive ( new );

~18 dollar drive ( new );

~30 dollar enclosure ( using RTL9120B chip ) + ~14 dollar NVMe ( used 'Pullout' w/ like 40hrs on it );

Did external SATA or PCIe / NVMe connectors ever catch on? I think I had a mini-itx motherboard that had eSATA connection(s) on the IO area - never used them. Would be cool if it was just standard to have them on the front of PCs. The pre-owned NVMe price and performance blows the other two out of the water except it needed a ( comparatively ) costly enclosure/controller for it.

I used to be more of the 'data hoarder' mindset. It's something I've been reading about recently. People torrent and have all these hard drives full of movies and TV shows, try to downlaod their whole steam library etc. But honestly none of it really makes any sense. If you aren't running a media server to bear the brunt of risk and do a media server full of stolen movies for your friends and family to use, I don't see hte point in keeping that shit around anymore. Literally if I watch a movie I wont want to watch it again for 2 or 3 years most likely. By then literally my internet will just be faster and it will probably be available encoded at a higher bitrate and/or using a better codec than I watched it last time anyway.

Steam games I used to hoard, but literally I usually only actively show interest in one or two games at a time. And they have fast servers so I can go take a crap and even a really big game literally is done downloading already.

I have terrabytes worth of video/still imagery and things I've downloaded offline since the 90s but it's not data hoarding since it's still usable. I have instructional videos I still reference on assorted topics. I learned my lesson when I tried to use saved links to websites to reference some subject matter or another then find out the website is no longer up.

Zip-drives...ftw.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Donald Trump Black Hole

Ghost Black Hole
    I wouldn't order anything electric from that site lmao you are just asking for bottom of the barrel

I heard it's the best when it comes to stuff like bulk containers, chemicals. Things that you can't hide bullshit inside and usually those will have some wonky seam or something like HOW CAN THESE CHINKS FUCK EVERYTHING UP but it still works as advertised it's just not "pretty"
    Charles Ex Machina African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Donald Trump https://github.com/c0xc/CapacityTester

Memory modules can report whatever size they want to the operating system. Once the actually physical memory gets full it just loops back over and keeps writing. It's dangerous, cos the user won't see any error. Just the files won't open any more. I'm kinda curious to see what size these really are.

on phone true sd/capacity tester is also a good app since it doesnt have any ads.
    also i made a bet with these dirt cheap SD cards once and i lost.

just say you found out lenovo doesnt actually produce or sell these cards but my advice to you is to just let it go.

keeping an unregulated and free international market free and unregulated is in the best interest of everyone. you can probably also order gun parts and trigger groups from ali express as well.

ive bought hundreds of items from china e commerce sites and it has been pretty good. you just need to be smart about what you buy and know how to judge the reviews, as most peepuh are retarded.

i would have to say i almost always got what i paid for and SD card was a bet thst i lost.

got my refund tho.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I have found some very sketchy hard to get not "illegal" chemicals but that pretty much only have one use FOR MANUFACTURING DRUGS and there are hundreds of companies selling this kind of stuff on alibaba

the best part is you don't even need to go through the sketchy site you can just find the company profile store and go to HANGZOUCHEMEXPRESS.CO and they will ship you a jug of safrole with a few extra molecules and label the entire shipment as "candle making supplies"

the only problem is they usually want you to order an entire pallet like 10000kg
    you arent a REAL man or a drug maker if you cant handle even a single ton.

pussy.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I cannot compete with the Asian triad gangsters that come into my country legally and open perfectly legal business and order from their cousin that probably owns one of these companies and they import 100,000kg and manufacture everything
    According to preliminary estimates, Canada
    produces 0.6 – 4.6% of the world’s supply of
    amphetamine-type stimulants, including ecstasy.

They have more money to invest in entire factories and according to the busts here they produce something in the range of thousands of kilograms of meth/MDMA/fentanyl per batch and make millions of $$ in illegal crime money and control a sizeable chunk of various economies here

Originally posted by Ghost I cannot compete with the Asian triad gangsters that come into my country legally and open perfectly legal business and order from their cousin that probably owns one of these companies and they import 100,000kg and manufacture everything

They have more money to invest in entire factories and according to the busts here they produce something in the range of thousands of kilograms of meth/MDMA/fentanyl per batch and make millions of $$ in illegal crime money and control a sizeable chunk of various economies here

have you tried from the quality angle.
    Ghost Black Hole
    there is no quality angle
    Originally posted by Ghost there is no quality angle

there is if you come from marketing angle.
    Bradley Black Hole
    the college gave me a USB flash drive I never used, if you need one I'll mail it to you donaldtrump
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Charles Ex Machina there is if you come from marketing angle.

there is no quality angle for drugs

there is either pure or impure, no inbetween.

If anything you make isn't USP or ACS grade you are doing something wrong
Jump to Top