User Controls

February on course to break unprecedented number of heat records

Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    February on course to break unprecedented number of heat records

“The planet is warming at an accelerating rate. We are seeing rapid temperature increases in the ocean, the climate’s largest reservoir of heat,” said Dr Joel Hirschi, the associate head of marine systems modelling at the UK National Oceanography Centre. “The amplitude by which previous sea surface temperatures records were beaten in 2023 and now 2024 exceed expectations, though understanding why this is, is the subject of ongoing research.”

Humanity is on a trajectory to experience the hottest February in recorded history, after a record January, December, November, October, September, August, July, June and May, according to the Berkeley Earth scientist Zeke Hausfather.
    Keep in mind the UK National Oceanography Centre is funded by the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), which is a collection of far left climate hoax nutjobs within the UK Government, so anything that comes from them is 100% left wing political garbage. It's not an independent source of information, which leaves it without credibility.
    Keep in mind, -SpectraL is an insane person who consistently lies, making his statements about as useful as an asshole on his elbow.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Rad. Canada deserves a more tropical climate. Our vast expanses of permafrost may one day become incredibly fertile, arable land. If a couple island nations have to sink, or if a couple verdant subtropical nations have to become deserts, what do I care?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Obbe Keep in mind, -SpectraL is an insane person who consistently lies, making his statements about as useful as an asshole on his elbow.

I'm totally open to debate.

Let's start off with you listing a single independent source for your claim.
    Having a debate with -SpectraL is like playing chess with a pidgin.
    Originally posted by Meikai Rad. Canada deserves a more tropical climate. Our vast expanses of permafrost may one day become incredibly fertile, arable land. If a couple island nations have to sink, or if a couple verdant subtropical nations have to become deserts, what do I care?

Climate change will be pretty bad for Canada. In my area, our rivers are glacial fed, and those are melting away. It will become very dry.

Fertile plains do not spring up from forests either. Soil under forests is poor, and top soil takes hundreds or even thousands of years to thicken.

Take a peak at the Canadian Shield. No amount of sunshine can turn solid rock into fertile land.
    Originally posted by Obbe Having a debate with -SpectraL is like playing chess with a pidgin.

Let's start off with you listing a single independent source for your claim.
    No matter how solid the argument is, the bird is going to shit on the forum and strut around like it won anyway.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Obbe February on course to break unprecedented number of heat records

'Recorded history' means nothing to a 10,000 year old species on a 4 billion year old planet
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Obbe Climate change will be pretty bad for Canada. In my area, our rivers are glacial fed, and those are melting away. It will become very dry.

Fertile plains do not spring up from forests either. Soil under forests is poor, and top soil takes hundreds or even thousands of years to thicken.

Take a peak at the Canadian Shield. No amount of sunshine can turn solid rock into fertile land.

You lost all credibility with 'soil under forests...'

Soil under forest canopy is the most fertile due to the trees perpetually shedding the leaves which are consumed by microorganisms, worms, bugs, etc, which enrich the soil with nutrients. Most things can't grow in it due to the shade the larger trees provide. Baby trees grow stunted, then a larger tree dies, allowing in sunlight for it to reach its potential.

Think about it...if the soil was poor quality massive trees couldn't grow. Youve nEver seen a giant tree in the desert...because it's sand.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Obbe No matter how solid the argument is, the bird is going to shit on the forum and strut around like it won anyway.

Appropriate considering this is a shit forum
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by Obbe Climate change will be pretty bad for Canada. In my area, our rivers are glacial fed, and those are melting away. It will become very dry.

Right, sure: Alberta or whatever will suck. Rocky Mountain rain shadow will turn it into Nevada 2.0. Whatever. Or, wait... you have oil. Saudi Arabia 2.0. Or really... it'll just make Alberta more "Texas".

I'm talking about a temperate subarctic and tropical freshwater inland seas in Southern Ontario. Canadians no longer being bound to within 100 miles of the 49th parallel. A glorious, warm future. If you want me to fight climate change, you're going to have to secure some tropical overseas territories for Canada - a Maple Hawaii, if you will. I crave warmth, but I am bound eternally to my frozen throne in the wastelands of Canada. I could take 6 months of winter every year if winter were a string of midsummer's nights.
    Originally posted by infinityshock You lost all credibility with 'soil under forests…'

Soil under forest canopy is the most fertile due to the trees perpetually shedding the leaves which are consumed by microorganisms, worms, bugs, etc, which enrich the soil with nutrients. Most things can't grow in it due to the shade the larger trees provide. Baby trees grow stunted, then a larger tree dies, allowing in sunlight for it to reach its potential.

Think about it…if the soil was poor quality massive trees couldn't grow. Youve nEver seen a giant tree in the desert…because it's sand.

The soils of the coniferous forest are often low in key minerals and acidic, producing a type of soil called podzol. This soil is generally poor for agricultural use, though it does contain high quantities of organic material and is often well-drained due to the presence of sand mixed in with the soil.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by Obbe

The soil is poor because the minerals are locked up in all the trees, which is why you burn the fuck out of them and till their alkaline ash into the dirt.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Fuck the environment. All my homies hate the environment. It exists at our pleasure, for our needs.
    Originally posted by Meikai Fuck the environment. All my homies hate the environment. It exists at our pleasure, for our needs.

Fuck around and find out.

Instigator Space Nigga
    Same average UK January here, rain rain, slight bit of snow, flooding of grassland.

I've lived on this planet 37 years and fuck all is out of the ordinary with regards to the weather here at least.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by Obbe Fuck around and find out.

I am not an ostrich I would simply render the Earth uninhabitable.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    >mother nature is a fat ugly bitch

this is not making me like her more
Jump to Top