User Controls

Nearly 1,000 fur seals found dead along NZ coastline in the last 5 months

Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Nearly 1,000 fur seals found dead along NZ coastline in the last 5 months

In the last 5 months nearly 1,000 fur seals have been found dead along the Kaikōura coastline. It is not entirely uncommon to find higher rates of fur seals mortality around this time of year but never in these numbers. Preliminary tests show that many were baby fur seals that had died of starvation however at this point scientists are not sure exactly why there are so many. Initially there were concerns about disease as a possibility, but this has since been ruled out as a cause.

Department of Conservation marine science adviser Dr Jody Weir made a statement that "A recent report showed that New Zealand fur seals eat 46 species of fish, 18 cephalopod species and so the fact they are still starving, that they couldn't find enough food with that very diverse diet, is very troublesome. "

Scientists working on Kaikōura coastline have witnessed increased starvation across the food chain in the past couple of years, including many species of seabirds washing ashore. They speculate that this could be related to a reduction in fish stocks around New Zealand coastline, possibly as a result of warming waters and overfishing.

As species such as these fur seals and also native seabirds are not able to find enough food to sustain themselves it is a clear indication that key parts of the food chain they rely on are changing along with our climate.
    Charles Ex Machina African Astronaut
    due to over population.

ask any "scientists" whats the recomended quantity of fur seals a country the size of new zealand should have and you'll be surprised by their answers.
    Kingoffrogs Appendage of Stan
    looks like Aldra has been hunting in international waters again
    Ghost Black Hole
    once you go to new zealand you will never go back
    jerryb African Astronaut
    To many niggas on the planet. Huge fishing fleets scooping up everything that swims.
    Charles Ex Machina African Astronaut
    Originally posted by jerryb To many niggas on the planet. Huge fishing fleets scooping up everything that swims.

hear say.
    Why just the ones with fur? How about the ones without fur??
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Charles Ex Machina due to over population.

ask any "scientists" whats the recomended quantity of fur seals a country the size of new zealand should have and you'll be surprised by their answers.

They say the same bullshit about the manatees where I live. They complain they're starving.

Yea, no shit...there's too many of them and they've eaten all their food
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Manatee meat is spicy and leathery, with a lot of fat. Would not recommend.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Manatee meat is spicy and leathery, with a lot of fat. Would not recommend.

Someone told me it tastes like fishy chicken
    I like walrus meat.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I like walrus meat.

My favorite is spotted owl with bald eagle...with a side order of freedom fries
    Originally posted by Charles Ex Machina due to over population.

What is the recommended quantity of humans?
    jerryb African Astronaut
    Originally posted by infinityshock They say the same bullshit about the manatees where I live. They complain they're starving.

Yea, no shit…there's too many of them and they've eaten all their food

Maybe they need to start whacking them in the head, rich hos need fur coats.

Same shit with deer, if hunters don't thin them then they over populate and have winter starvation. Those tree huggers rather they starve than someone have a little fun shooting them and getting some meat.
    Originally posted by jerryb To many niggas on the planet. Huge fishing fleets scooping up everything that swims.

There was too many fish anyway.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by jerryb Maybe they need to start whacking them in the head, rich hos need fur coats.

Same shit with deer, if hunters don't thin them then they over populate and have winter starvation. Those tree huggers rather they starve than someone have a little fun shooting them and getting some meat.

with the manatees...the boaters just drive over them in their boats and kill them

here its a­lligators. the tree huggers had them on protected status so now theyve bred into excess...and now the gators are snacking on pets and people
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Why aren't there any womanatees?
    jerryb African Astronaut
    Probably the stupidest thing they do around here is release rattlesnakes. Lord knows you can't have enough rattlesnakes and copperheads around.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Why aren't there any womanatees?

they all swam around in atrazine infested waters and turned into males
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by jerryb Probably the stupidest thing they do around here is release rattlesnakes. Lord knows you can't have enough rattlesnakes and copperheads around.

not as stupid as the mosquitos and other stupid ass bugs they release in florida
Jump to Top