User Controls

Animus possession

Kafka sweaty
    I've known what anima and animus are for awhile but didn't look into animus possession until recently. I think his views are harmful and helpful. It's harmful to label traits as masculine or feminine but may be a stepping stone to understanding. He's saying these are present in everyone so that may help to dissolve stereotypes.

Anyway I asked Bing the causes of animus possession and one was that when the female or society tries to suppress her masculine traits it leads to her being possessed by those traits. I have noted that women become more aggressive when men try to subdue them. Now I don't know what to make of this because I like who I am but it isn't a good thing to be possessed. Then there's that the possession can be inevitable, men will either try to suppress it, and if they don't that could be another attempt by them to suppress it. I'm just hoping Jung was wrong and I'm not possessed.

https://carljungdepthpsychologysite.blog/2020/04/12/animus-11/
    Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    Why do you think ur animus is possessed?
    Kafka sweaty
    It's that I'm possessed by it. Some things Jung said ring true like it appearing in dreams as a helper and that it makes me hate men. I don't fit the female stereotype and know that some things wake up my aggression instantly like misogyny and that does feel like being possessed. I liked dating a girl because then it felt safe to wear kawaii things. When around men I feel like I have to dress more intimidating.

I don't see anything wrong with the way I am but if it's true that my psych is unbalanced and I've now suppressed feminine traits then I may not be viewing the world with an accurate lens.
    Kafka sweaty
    I don't know if having a balanced psyche would even be ideal now. Not in this world. I'm not going to try and find that balance, not when it's a man's theory and men are known liars. I'll definitely consider it making me compare men to the perfect one in my head as a negative. Two people in a relationship really being four people is something to think about in future as well, that I'll have to find someone who loves both people if they exist.
    Originally posted by Kafka It's that I'm possessed by it. Some things Jung said ring true like it appearing in dreams as a helper and that it makes me hate men. I don't fit the female stereotype and know that some things wake up my aggression instantly like misogyny and that does feel like being possessed. I liked dating a girl because then it felt safe to wear kawaii things. When around men I feel like I have to dress more intimidating.

I don't see anything wrong with the way I am but if it's true that my psych is unbalanced and I've now suppressed feminine traits then I may not be viewing the world with an accurate lens.

Idk how old you are but if you start getting testosterone shots and grow a beard that would be the best way to keep me away. Even menopausal mustaches or whiskers is enough for me.
    Kafka sweaty
    Originally posted by Cowboy2013 Idk how old you are but if you start getting testosterone shots and grow a beard that would be the best way to keep me away. Even menopausal mustaches or whiskers is enough for me.

This reminded me of my ex gf. She was a model and the prettiest person I've ever seen but she'd grow real moustaches like the hair was black.
    Kafka sweaty
    I like being a girl. I feel like my femininity manifests as a bit psychopathic though. It's hard to explain. Idk who I'm channeling.
    Originally posted by Kafka I like being a girl. I feel like my femininity manifests as a bit psychopathic though. It's hard to explain. Idk who I'm channeling.

I got within smelling distance of a female Walmart employee with a beard and she had this really weird smell about her ☹️ even a little peach fuzz though I'm thinking menopause or tr*nsgender. Usually I determine which based on height. The tr*nny cut off is like 5'7.
    Kafka sweaty
    I hate being introspective because I'll never know the truth. Symptoms always overlap, idek if Jung was right so can't take any action.
    Kafka sweaty
    Do you think you have an anima?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Kafka sweaty
    "The tyrant tormented by bad dreams, gloomy forebodings, and inner fears is a typical figure. Outwardly ruthless, harsh, and unapproachable, he jumps inwardly at every shadow, is at the mercy of every mood, as though he were the feeblest and most impressionable of men. Thus his anima contains all those fallible human qualities his persona lacks. If the persona is intellectual, the anima will certainly be sentimental."
    Kafka sweaty
    To me the perfect man is a protector, not an oppressor, that views me as his equal and has let go of ego. That's what it is in my head but I don't go looking for someone without an ego irl.
    Originally posted by Kafka To me the perfect man is a protector, not an oppressor, that views me as his equal and has let go of ego. That's what it is in my head but I don't go looking for someone without an ego irl.

Why not?
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Kafka To me the perfect man is a protector, not an oppressor, that views me as his equal and has let go of ego. That's what it is in my head but I don't go looking for someone without an ego irl.

You don't know what a man is.

A man has a penis between his legs
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Kafka "The tyrant tormented by bad dreams, gloomy forebodings, and inner fears is a typical figure. Outwardly ruthless, harsh, and unapproachable, he jumps inwardly at every shadow, is at the mercy of every mood, as though he were the feeblest and most impressionable of men. Thus his anima contains all those fallible human qualities his persona lacks. If the persona is intellectual, the anima will certainly be sentimental."

What is a penis
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Kafka Do you think you have an anima?

Do you think you are a man?
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Kafka I hate being introspective because I'll never know the truth. Symptoms always overlap, idek if Jung was right so can't take any action.

You have no idea what you are
    Kafka sweaty
    Originally posted by Cowboy2013 Why not?

They don't exist but I do avoid those with fragile egos, the cause of toxic masculinity, most of this community.
    Kafka sweaty
    I think it appeared in this dream. Gothika was protective but didn't try to stop me from going to battle, so not oppressive/acknowledging equality.

"It was that I’d been sentenced to death and soldiers were coming for me. Gothika the warlock put me to sleep by playing piano, so then they couldn’t get to me. I was locked in a grey room, faded blue curtains, black and white polka dot bedding, moths fluttering around. I didn’t want to be there so woke myself up, then Gothika took us into a painting, there were fields and a path beside a river, we went to these castle ruins, he wanted to hide there. The inside was painted yellow and there was no flooring, just grass with daffodils growing. In the distance I saw something glittering, the soldiers had found us. Gothika didn’t want me to go but I went to fight them, then I woke up."
    Originally posted by Kafka They don't exist but I do avoid those with fragile egos, the cause of toxic masculinity, most of this community.

I tried to be this for you and I am just taken for granted.
Jump to Top