User Controls

Digging a tunnel so you don't have to pay rent

Donald Trump Black Hole
    Is this doable?
    ner vegas African Astronaut
    you could live like a hobbit underneath someone's house if you dig horizontally from a vacant lot
    Instigator Space Nigga
    Instigator Space Nigga
    Depends on the soil I guess, I'd certainly fuck off and go and live in a cave or something or a canal boat if I had the money.
    EduCaTional CATastropHE African Astronaut
    thats a pretty solid idea OP
    Kingoffrogs Appendage of Stan
    Do what el chap and gang did and set up a shed in an empty lot
    flying would be cheaper
    Living underground is not all it's cracked up to be. Unless you have a great ventilation system, the damp dust will eventually work its way into your nasal cavity and throat and you'll start getting sick. It also gets really cold the deeper you go.
    until it starts getting warmer
    Originally posted by ner vegas until it starts getting warmer

Funny how even in the hottest summer, once you go down 20 or so feet it's cold as ice.
    no I mean there are HOT THINGS if you manage to dig deep enough
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    1,678 miles to pass the lower mantle and it's starts to get really hot.
    🐈 Yung Blood
    heres another good idea OP im considering doing this myself

Xlite African Astronaut
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1,678 miles to pass the lower mantle and it's starts to get really hot.

800 meters down depending on location would reward you with an average of 20 degrees C which is reasonable.
    You could probably do it and the tunnel itself doesn't have to be that large. The main concern i guess is the digging and avoiding detection.

With a digging rate of 0.1 cubic meters per hour and the diameter of the hole being about 1 meter, it would take about 6280 hours or around 262 days of continuous digging (24 hours a day) for one person to dig a hole to a depth of 800 meters using a shovel and a bucket. Assuming we don't run into too many rocks, clay or other troubles.

But then you also have to dig out an "apartment" of reasonable size depending on your living standards. Its doable but time consuming.
    Originally posted by Xlite 800 meters down depending on location would reward you with an average of 20 degrees C which is reasonable.
    You could probably do it and the tunnel itself doesn't have to be that large. The main concern i guess is the digging and avoiding detection.

With a digging rate of 0.1 cubic meters per hour and the diameter of the hole being about 1 meter, it would take about 6280 hours or around 262 days of continuous digging (24 hours a day) for one person to dig a hole to a depth of 800 meters using a shovel and a bucket. Assuming we don't run into too many rocks, clay or other troubles.

But then you also have to dig out an "apartment" of reasonable size depending on your living standards. Its doable but time consuming.

800m X 1 X 1 = 800m³.

where you gonna send this much dirt and soil to.
    trippymindfuk African Astronaut
    Originally posted by 🐈 heres another good idea OP im considering doing this myself

Does he never leave? If someone did this where I'm from someone would either cart off all your shit or burn it down. That generator would be gone ASAP lol
    Xlite African Astronaut
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny 800m X 1 X 1 = 800m³.

where you gonna send this much dirt and soil to.

Sell or donate it i guess.
    Xlite African Astronaut
    If you get low grade shit dirt it will be worth about $4,000 to $12,000
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by trippymindfuk Does he never leave? If someone did this where I'm from someone would either cart off all your shit or burn it down. That generator would be gone ASAP lol

That.

I was talking to some homeless guy a few weeks ago in his 'house' in the woods and he was telling me fuckers come to his 'house' when he's not home and steal his shit. Also he was charging his batteries at an electrical outlet that was on some building and while it was charging someone stole the charger and his batteries.

Pathetic fucking vermin...Hitler was right
    Originally posted by Xlite Sell or donate it i guess.

if you can afford to move that much dirt then wouldnt you have no problem paying rent ?
Jump to Top