User Controls

Absolutely 𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 documentary I found on YouTube

Meikai Heck This Schlong
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Meikai

How quaint...1800's tech...
    I loved that double dimple method!

Originally posted by infinityshock How quaint…1800's tech…

And we're still DEURRING it the same way, You mad lil blomo?
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by I Live In Your Crawlspace Secretly4 I loved that double dimple method!

And we're still DEURRING it the same way, You mad lil blomo?

No 'we' about it...it's all you.

I haven't used a rivet in I don't know how long
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by infinityshock No 'we' about it…it's all you.

lol mans never had to securely join two pieces of metal face-on lmao

"hurr dur weld the edges"

i hope you like how well deez nuts fit in your mouth
    I was honestly expecting this thread to NOT be about riveting, and then it was.
    Originally posted by infinityshock No 'we' about it…it's all you.

I like using them on really good leather carrying packs that I've had for decades. When the seams finally separate, I make a little hole every few inches and insert a rivet with a half-inch washer on each side of the seam. The washers press the material together like a pancake once the rivet is activated. Super snug. Cut off the stems of the rivets and it looks nice and neat. And the process can be completed again and again indefinitely.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Meikai lol mans never had to securely join two pieces of metal face-on lmao

"hurr dur weld the edges"

i hope you like how well deez nuts fit in your mouth

cave man, maybe. or the soviets on their most modern aircraft. modern technology has evolved from that.

now go back to your ball-gagged existence bent over a padded bench with revels comanche playing in the background
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I like using them on really good leather carrying packs that I've had for decades. When the seams finally separate, I make a little hole every few inches and insert a rivet with a half-inch washer on each side of the seam. The washers press the material together like a pancake once the rivet is activated. Super snug. Cut off the stems of the rivets and it looks nice and neat. And the process can be completed again and again indefinitely.

thick leather with quality tiny awl-punched openings for the stitches using quality thick thread works more better.

i used to have something similar on work pouched to carry gear but the newer stuff is sewn. and doesnt rust. or scratch the shit out of things the metal rivets come in contact with.

i have tons of maxpedition packs of assorted uses and sized that ive had and use frequently since about 2004
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Third Temple African Astronaut
    its not 1800s because it was Howard Hughes who realized the rivets were causing drag in speed and he also realized the duel wing assembly of biplanes were useless

WWII fighters were just bi-planes with the top wing removed and rivets sanded down so this ram press on rivies was probably designed after WWII. the Golden Gate Bridge and Bay Bridge replaced the standard with hydraulic ram rivets.

Also Im surprised you responded like that finny, it was clearly heavily soaked in faggotry euphemism.
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I like using them on really good leather carrying packs that I've had for decades. When the seams finally separate, I make a little hole every few inches and insert a rivet with a half-inch washer on each side of the seam. The washers press the material together like a pancake once the rivet is activated. Super snug. Cut off the stems of the rivets and it looks nice and neat. And the process can be completed again and again indefinitely.

rivets dont use washers, fag

what you're describing is called a knitted eye-hole spine. just like books used.
    Originally posted by Third Temple rivets dont use washers, fag

what you're describing is called a knitted eye-hole spine. just like books used.

I put washers on the rivet before opening it.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Third Temple its not 1800s because it was Howard Hughes who realized the rivets were causing drag in speed and he also realized the duel wing assembly of biplanes were useless

WWII fighters were just bi-planes with the top wing removed and rivets sanded down so this ram press on rivies was probably designed after WWII. the Golden Gate Bridge and Bay Bridge replaced the standard with hydraulic ram rivets.

Also Im surprised you responded like that finny, it was clearly heavily soaked in faggotry euphemism.

think about it...sanding off the heads of the rivets is going to leave...a hole with a headless rod.

i dont know of any modern aircraft that is constructed with rivets...all the ones ive flown in and inspected myself are composite without a single rivet. yea, some 1970s-vintage ones are rivet construction but thats ancient tech. they may as well make them out of stone.

bridges are made out of reinforced concrete now. those 2-inch this rivets are outdated.

if you want to get soaked in faggotry enthusiasm...open wide...here comes the deluge
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I put washers on the rivet before opening it.

personally i put my rivets in the washer first to make sure theyre clean
    Originally posted by infinityshock think about it…sanding off the heads of the rivets is going to leave…a hole with a headless rod.

i dont know of any modern aircraft that is constructed with rivets…all the ones ive flown in and inspected myself are composite without a single rivet. yea, some 1970s-vintage ones are rivet construction but thats ancient tech. they may as well make them out of stone.

bridges are made out of reinforced concrete now. those 2-inch this rivets are outdated.

if you want to get soaked in faggotry enthusiasm…open wide…here comes the deluge

if rivets are out of fashion why are they still making ball peen hammer.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny if rivets are out of fashion why are they still making ball peen hammer.

i have several ball peen hammers that i use on a regular basis and i have literally never once, ever, used one on a rivet
    Originally posted by infinityshock think about it…sanding off the heads of the rivets is going to leave…a hole with a headless rod.

i dont know of any modern aircraft that is constructed with rivets…all the ones ive flown in and inspected myself are composite without a single rivet. yea, some 1970s-vintage ones are rivet construction but thats ancient tech. they may as well make them out of stone.

if you want to get soaked in faggotry enthusiasm…open wide…here comes the deluge

No this happened just before WWII I believe. Howard Hughes help design the P48 mustangs or similar style.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]

rivets are not outdated, theyre still heavily used in most aircraft. the majority of commercial and general-aviation aircraft are still built with riveted aluminum skins.

An employee drills holes for rivets in a frame inside a Boeing 737 fuselage during assembly at Spirit AeroSystems in Wichita, Kansas.
    Originally posted by A College Professor rivets are not outdated, theyre still heavily used in most aircraft. the majority of commercial and general-aviation aircraft are still built with riveted aluminum skins.

but they use a compressor and more modern alloy and compositive metals for strenth and then power driven shut. the old school rivets were heated red hot then thrown into a bucket and picked up by set of tong like snippers and pushed in with a cap piece on the opposite side and then 2 guys would pick up a 80 pound rivet driver that basically was a jack hammer modified and one on each side pressing them together. but they rusted out too quickly so they changed them out over time. the point was that the head of the rivet were cut down flush to prevent wind drag which as hard as it is to believe, those little qurter inch height nubs were slowing the potential of the planes down by some 50-75mph. they went from 250 to like 325mph without engine modifications
    and I know about this because my pops was an Iron worker for Kaiser steel and also worked on the bay bridge as a painter but also had to replace out rivets. he saw a couple guys fall to their deaths. then he fucked his knee up pretty bad with a steel cutter and almost lost his leg, became an alcoholic and beat the shit out of us kids.

I feel sorry for stabbing him to death in his apartment
Jump to Top