User Controls

Vatican II - 1960's when clowns gave mass and the pope bowed to Satan on a throne

totse2118 Space Nigga [my ci light-haired pongee]
    wut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Vatican_Council

Of those who took part in the council's opening session, four later became pope:

Cardinal Giovanni Battista Montini, who on succeeding John XXIII took the name Paul VI
    Bishop Albino Luciani, the future John Paul I
    Bishop Karol Wojtyła, who became John Paul II
    Father Joseph Ratzinger, present as a theological consultant, who became Benedict XVI

Donald Trump Black Hole
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    seems legit
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    look if i were a god-fearing catholic i'd probably be an excommunicated sedevacantist, but the Church is eternal and Good and papal shenaniganry of the last century will not change that.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Meikai look if i were a god-fearing catholic i'd probably be an excommunicated sedevacantist

2 trad 4 me

Donald Trump Black Hole
    Originally posted by Meikai look if i were a god-fearing catholic i'd probably be an excommunicated sedevacantist, but the Church is eternal and Good and papal shenaniganry of the last century will not change that.

The best Catholics don't believe in the Pope or even in God. They just believe in The Church.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by Donald Trump The best Catholics don't believe in the Pope or even in God. They just believe in The Church.

Part of me is mad about "don't believe in God" but faith is kind of the opposite of belief, so... I will take it in that light. I respect the institutional capacity of the Church... but without God as the basis for that institution's authority, it's nothing more than a millennia-spanning embodiment of greed and the arbitrary lust for power.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Meikai Part of me is mad about "don't believe in God" but faith is kind of the opposite of belief, so… I will take it in that light. I respect the institutional capacity of the Church… but without God as the basis for that institution's authority, it's nothing more than a millennia-spanning embodiment of greed and the arbitrary lust for power.

There's no such thing as god
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by infinityshock There's no such thing as god

It's one thing to be skeptical and it's another thing to make a claim. Can we just skip the whole argument where I force you to retreat into the motte of agnosticism from this bailey of absolute certainty about the status of gods and their nonexistence?
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Meikai It's one thing to be skeptical and it's another thing to make a claim. Can we just skip the whole argument where I force you to retreat into the motte of agnosticism from this bailey of absolute certainty about the status of gods and their nonexistence?

You'd be better served by acknowledging the single purpose of 'god' was a pathetic attempt by ancient hucksters who needed a means to control the ignorant and naive populace.

If you want to be honest with yourself you'll admit the overwhelming evidence shows there's no god.

god didn't create man. Man created god.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by infinityshock You'd be better served by acknowledging the single purpose of 'god' was a pathetic attempt by ancient hucksters who needed a means to control the ignorant and naive populace.

If you want to be honest with yourself you'll admit the overwhelming evidence shows there's no god.

I'm not religious, so I have no issue with acknowledging the likelihood that what you say is true. I am simply stating the facts: to reliably make the claim "there is no such thing as god", you would need to demonstrate that conditions are such that no such thing as god could exist. That'd take a lot of work, which is why reddit atheists like yourself are so keen to pretend you have no obligation to actually do it, but it's literally the only way you could ever hope to express such certainty without doing so on a basis of faith alone.

No formulation of Russell's Teapot or Pascal's Wager/Mugging gives you a basis from which to make concrete claims - all that you have been availed to by these insights is probabilistic claims. "There is almost certainly no such thing as God" can be reasonably argued. "There is no such thing as god" can not.

Atheist™ Zealots are pathetic. Don't be one. Use your much vaunted powers of Reason and Rationality more effectively. Also: even if God doesn't exist, the Church has done great things and been a massive benefit to humanity since its foundation. Science and reason as you presumably know and love them were nursed on the Church's teet. Their charitable works throughout history are innumerable. Ancient hucksters are no, they have undeniably done good (and ill). [This is the rebuttal I would have expected from Donald Trump.]
    Either satan sits on the throne of the Vatican and we are living in an age of antipopes and evil or every catholic is actually protestant for not following the church
    Originally posted by infinityshock You'd be better served by acknowledging the single purpose of 'god' was a pathetic attempt by ancient hucksters who needed a means to control the ignorant and naive populace.

then who created man
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny then who created man

The chicken and the egg
    Originally posted by totse2118 The chicken and the egg

what about the coxks
    God created the entire universe in 7 days
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Meikai I'm not religious, so I have no issue with acknowledging the likelihood that what you say is true. I am simply stating the facts: to reliably make the claim "there is no such thing as god", you would need to demonstrate that conditions are such that no such thing as god could exist. That'd take a lot of work, which is why reddit atheists like yourself are so keen to pretend you have no obligation to actually do it, but it's literally the only way you could ever hope to express such certainty without doing so on a basis of faith alone.

No formulation of Russell's Teapot or Pascal's Wager/Mugging gives you a basis from which to make concrete claims - all that you have been availed to by these insights is probabilistic claims. "There is almost certainly no such thing as God" can be reasonably argued. "There is no such thing as god" can not.

Atheist™ Zealots are pathetic. Don't be one. Use your much vaunted powers of Reason and Rationality more effectively. Also: even if God doesn't exist, the Church has done great things and been a massive benefit to humanity since its foundation. Science and reason as you presumably know and love them were nursed on the Church's teet. Their charitable works throughout history are innumerable. Ancient hucksters are no, they have undeniably done good (and ill). [This is the rebuttal I would have expected from Donald Trump.]

im not wasting my time on the topic of organized religion...a topic so easily refuted. if there were a god that created mankind it wouldnt have abandoned its offspring

besides. the bible is pure fiction. considering how many religions use it as reference material (kikes: 'but judenkikeistan was promised to the hebes in the bible for 6 million years!!!1!!11!!) if someone tried to enter it into evidence in a courtroom it would be thrown out.

im kind and caring enough to inform people who insist upon being an enslaved sheep based on psychological manipulation they arent mentally capable enough to recognize that there is no such thing as god...and give them logical and plausible explanations why. if they still want to talk to an invisible friend they can go right ahead and have fun with that.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by totse2118 God created the entire universe in 7 days

theres no such thing as god
Jump to Top