User Controls

How many people here are actually religious?

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    And no this is not a Fedora posting "Haha stupid religious people!" Thread. I am genuinely curious. Also, why are you religious? What does it mean for you to believe in God? Also what is your favorite passage from the bible?

I am an atheist but i think there are some important lessons that we can learn from the new testament in particular.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by Sophie i think there are some important lessons that we can learn from the new testament in particular.

Thou shalt not sleep with your neighbors kids
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    I am, and I don't care if people make fun of me for it, plenty have. I grew up praying obsessively when I was a kid, always said my prayers before bed time too. I was baptized at a Presbyterian church when I was like 14 or so I forget because my family didn't really started going to church regularly until then. My brother and I stood out like sore thumbs compared to the other kids our age in the confirmation class, because they had been going to church forever. We would meet up at different members homes on saturday I think for confirmation and I was more concerned with showing up stoned and wanting to listen to my cd player to give a fuck about doing the home work.

But I did pay attention in church to sermon and got the message, I would ask my dad what he thought about it, but he actually didn't give a fuck or pay attention, he did it for the social aspect and because he thought it was 'the good thing to do' a very superficial mentality that I see in a lot of these middle of the road type churches. And I hated that part of it so much.

The last time I've been to church was a couple of winters ago for midnight mass for xmas eve with this girl I was seeing and her family. And her and her family were incredibly glib people.

But anyways I read the bible when I was 18

my favorite passage is
    King James Bible (Luke 17:31)
    "In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back."

Its about standing up for what you believe in.

I'm catholic because I see it as less watered down that some of the other denominations, though I don't go to church, i mean i did a couple weekends ago but by accident because I heard some people jamming out pretty hard and some guy invited me in and introduced me to all these sexy girls. I was invited to come back again but haven't and probably never will.

I'm religious because I feel as though in some way all that stuff really happened like I can feel it in my heart and I've had dreams about times that were very different over 100 thousand million ago or something in some form.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men » Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. » And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. » And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."»
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby I am, and I don't care if people make fun of me for it, plenty have.

No one will make fun of you for being religious because you clearly aren't Catholic you wife-beating, child abandoning, jobless piece of shit.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I believe in God and zech and zENDIES. I follow a strict moral code and believe my every action can be eternally judged.

I have had religious experiences while sober and on various drugs. I went to church when I was a kid and youth group in my teens.

If I was gonna date a girl I would like her to believe in God but it doesn't matter much to me
    Originally posted by Dargo No one will make fun of you for being religious because you clearly aren't Catholic you wife-beating, child abandoning, jobless piece of shit.

I got a temporary job baby sitting this ladies son in the next building.

John lennon was catholic, and was a wife beater, child abondoning (the real kind) and jobless at points in his life and nobody gets upset about that. plus the bible says nothing about having to have a job lol. Adam and Eve didn't have jobs

So take your self righteous indignation and shove it up your hole you tosser

Post last edited by Bill Krozby at 2017-03-10T17:30:10.149157+00:00
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby I am, and I don't care if people make fun of me for it, plenty have. I grew up praying obsessively when I was a kid, always said my prayers before bed time too. I was baptized at a Presbyterian church when I was like 14 or so I forget because my family didn't really started going to church regularly until then. My brother and I stood out like sore thumbs compared to the other kids our age in the confirmation class, because they had been going to church forever. We would meet up at different members homes on saturday I think for confirmation and I was more concerned with showing up stoned and wanting to listen to my cd player to give a fuck about doing the home work.

But I did pay attention in church to sermon and got the message, I would ask my dad what he thought about it, but he actually didn't give a fuck or pay attention, he did it for the social aspect and because he thought it was 'the good thing to do' a very superficial mentality that I see in a lot of these middle of the road type churches. And I hated that part of it so much.

The last time I've been to church was a couple of winters ago for midnight mass for xmas eve with this girl I was seeing and her family. And her and her family were incredibly glib people.

But anyways I read the bible when I was 18

my favorite passage is
    King James Bible (Luke 17:31)
    "In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back."

Its about standing up for what you believe in.

I'm catholic because I see it as less watered down that some of the other denominations, though I don't go to church, i mean i did a couple weekends ago but by accident because I heard some people jamming out pretty hard and some guy invited me in and introduced me to all these sexy girls. I was invited to come back again but haven't and probably never will.

I'm religious because I feel as though in some way all that stuff really happened like I can feel it in my heart and I've had dreams about times that were very different over 100 thousand million ago or something in some form.

Thank you for your serious reply. With regards to catholicism, it seems to me that the catholic church is very much about telling people what to do and what not to do. I also think that if there is a God, who is the pope to presume that he can speak for him? Surely you will remember the first lie of satan when he said to Eve "And you will be like God". While man is imperfect and can never be like God, how then can the pope speak on God's behalf? When it comes to the Christian faith protestantism appeals to me more because it rightly identifies these issues. As well as with the clergy, what makes a priest so special that only he can read the holy texts as it was before the reformation? Before God, we are all equal, being bishop, cardinal or even a pope seems to me to be more to do than wordly matters and less to do with spirituality. And as you remember, right after Jesus told the apostles of the divine plan, that he would die on the cross Peter said, and i paraphrase: No way bro, i don't want you to die! To which Jesus responded by saying: "Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men." What Jesus means by this is that Peter, and everyone else for that matter should hold dear God's plan and the way of spirituality above all else, and it was God's plan for Jesus to die on the cross and be resurrected.

Also my favorite passage is this:

Is not this the fast that I have chosen? To loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? When thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? Then shall thy light break forth as the dawn, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward. Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am.

Isaiah 58:6-9

It's very comforting to read. Do good, and when you're in need God will be there for you.

Post last edited by Sophie at 2017-03-10T17:31:02.218771+00:00
    Originally posted by NARCassist The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men » Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. » And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. » And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."»

Even though it's from Pulp Fiction. It's a pretty dope one. Could've come straight from the old testament as far as i am concerned.
    Originally posted by Sophie Thank you for your serious reply. With regards to catholicism, it seems to me that the catholic church is very much about telling people what to do and what not to do. I also think that if there is a God, who is the pope to presume that he can speak for him? Surely you will remember the first lie of satan when he said to Eve "And you will be like God". While man is imperfect and can never be like God, how then can the pope speak on God's behalf? When it comes to the Christian faith protestantism appeals to me more because it rightly identifies these issues. As well as with the clergy, what makes a priest so special that only he can read the holy texts as it was before the reformation? Before God, we are all equal, being bishop, cardinal or even a pope seems to me to be more to do than wordly matters and less to do with spirituality. And as you remember, right after Jesus told the apostles of the divine plan, that he would die on the cross Peter said, and i paraphrase: No way bro, i don't want you to die! To which Jesus responded by saying: "Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men." What Jesus means by this is that Peter, and everyone else for that matter should hold dear God's plan and the way of spirituality above all else, and it was God's plan for Jesus to die on the cross and be resurrected.

Also my favorite passage is this:

Is not this the fast that I have chosen? To loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? When thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? Then shall thy light break forth as the dawn, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward. Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am.

Isaiah 58:6-9

It's very comforting to read. Do good, and when you're in need God will be there for you.

Post last edited by Sophie at 2017-03-10T17:31:02.218771+00:00

Yeah you're right on some that for sure, and maybe i guess I'm not a true catholic and thats why I through in the part about not being a church goer because a lot of their principals/practices are about actually within the church system and I can't say I'm a fan of the pope.

I guess because my grandmother and my mother grew up catholic and what they've taught me thats why I identify towards it

but i do believe in prayer for the dead big time. I believe that the saints, the dead, myself are part of mystical body, and I know that sounds extremely crazy to most people but thats honestly how I think. Even If I'd never heard of Catholicism and religion I'm sure I'd still be like that.

And I view sacred imagery/art, like the cross, candles, virgin guadelupe to be a part of worship not that I'm constantly lighting candles lol
    Its just like with anything else I can see how some people think islam is a religion of hate, but then I've known muslims who practice their religion and are actually the most genuine kind people i've ever met.. just like a lot of christians are so in your face and I can't stand that stuff.

I have on my dating profile checked in the box that I'm religious. I don't mention it at all in what I wrote about myself. Some chick gave me her number the other day and we were just talking about stuff and she quickly turned the conversation into ohh well i see you marked in the box that you're religious and she started calling me a bible thumper and shit and getting all weird and frothy and I never even brought it up. I don't care if she's an atheist... geeez lady, almost as bad as when i first met the nurse and she was trying to force me to call myself a feminist so I could fuck her lol..

right now I'm wearing a "pig destroyer" shirt with a lady bleeding out of her mouth up on the cross and some people might say thats blasphemous and im a hypocrite... but I don't think so
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    I believe in God and spirituality but not in a religious way.
    Islam would be my second choice after trianglism.
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind I believe in God and spirituality but not in a religious way.

How would you define God?
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    I was a minister for several decades. In a way, I still am.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL I was a minister for several decades. In a way, I still am.

Tell us a story about the time you were a minister.
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind I believe in God and spirituality but not in a religious way.

can you elaborate on the difference ?
    Originally posted by -SpectraL I was a minister for several decades. In a way, I still am.

My dads a minister, never been to his church though
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    God is an actual living entity, with a unique personality, and a wide range of knowledge, wisdom and skills. Just as real as you or I. One of a kind. You can't see God, but his presence, and his personally, is evident in all we see around us, from the molecular level, right out to the expanses of the universe. People ask for proof, but they don't want to see the trees through the forest. Even the top scientists of all time agree that creation itself is undeniable evidence of carefully crafted forethought. The proof is all around you, if you care to take careful notice of it.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL God is an actual living entity, with a unique personality, and a wide range of knowledge, wisdom and skills. Just as real as you or I. One of a kind. You can't see God, but his presence, and his personally, is evident in all we see around us, from the molecular level, right out to the expanses of the universe. People ask for proof, but they don't want to see the trees through the forest. Even the top scientists of all time agree that creation itself is undeniable evidence of carefully crafted forethought. The proof is all around you, if you care to take careful notice of it.

That's all well and good, but i really want to know a story of when you were a minister.
Jump to Top