User Controls

BREAKING: CIA turned every Microsoft Windows PC in the world into spyware. Can activate backdoors on demand, including via Windows update

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Thats just wikileaks. Do you have any mainstream media sources(e.g fox news) to back this up with?

Thought not, lol.
    Everybody has known this tho? How is this breaking news.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Discount Whore Everybody has known this tho? How is this breaking news.

read the rest of the article, this is a huge dump

U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt is a covert CIA hacker base

as for the windows claims, it looks as though they just have a shittonne of available 0days to use against windows (and other) systems, not that the OS is necessarily internally compromised
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    So are PoC or technical descriptions part of the exploits part of the leak or do it just have documents suggesting such things exist?
    Jesus christ, I'm smashing all my electronics and going to live in the woods.
    The ramifications of this leak are absolutely staggering.

Not only do the CIA have tools that enable them to alter the fingerprints of intrusions to frame whoever they like for acts of cyber warfare but they've allowed - through the most stunning act of negligence possible - that tool set to leak out into the wider world... meaning it's not only already in the hands of every government - Russia, China, Israel, Germany, you name it - worth their salt but is also possessed by a potentially infinite number of non-state actors.

Make no mistake about this, folks: if Donald Trump is so inclined he now has the constitutional and legal pretext necessary to shut down the CIA and NSA and that's one of the less chaotic outcomes this could result in. At the very least it means that any evidence of "Russian" intrusion in the DNC is called into question.

Crazy, crazy times.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    The thing I find the most retarded about this, are the people that seem to be surprised that this can all happen. I mean, it's been known for a very long time that government agencies practice digital spying by using any electronic devices available.

It's always good practice to know your devices and physically disable things you won't need(camera, mic, Bluetooth, wifi, NFC, even speakers). Most people don't need to worry though, they are nobody's, and don't exist in the eyes of these government agencies. But some need to know certain rules...
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    There is some important new information in there, but for the most part, it just reinforces what we already knew as a result of previous leaks such as Snowden and Binney. It gives concrete evidence and examples of their internal operations that we had to take on good faith previously.

I'll post a more detailed thread once I've read more of it but I think there are two major political points here:

1. Trump now has what he needs to prove how committed he is to 'draining the swamp'.
    2. The evidence of direct attacks against so-called allies in the European Union is sure to cement Le Pen's victory and stir up even more anti-EU sentiment, leading to more right-wing and nationalist governments and hastening the collapse of the union.
    Originally posted by Lanny So are PoC or technical descriptions part of the exploits part of the leak or do it just have documents suggesting such things exist?

I only see documents showing names of exploits. Although I did find a couple PDF books that look like nice reads.

Edit: And a lot of redacted documents.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Originally posted by NARCassist Thats just wikileaks. Do you have any mainstream media sources(e.g fox news) to back this up with?

Thought not, lol.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/07/wikileaks-releases-entire-hacking-capacity-cia.html
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by aldra 1. Trump now has what he needs to prove how committed he is to 'draining the swamp'.

Lol, do people seriously believe Trump has ever, even for a vanishing instant, been serious about "draining the swamp"?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    If anything we're going to see more funding to the betabet agencies, or a new agency altogether, in the name of trying to mitigate the leak.
    whether you agree with him or not, he's gone a lot further in trying to realise his election promises than any other politician I can think of.

I'm not saying he necessarily will, by the way - I'm saying that he now has what he needs to do it, so the world will see how committed he is.

The best outcome is a new Church Commission, ideally reigning in the intelligence agencies and potentially laying criminal charges against the intelligence heads.

The more likely outcome is this being used as leverage to quietly push out Obama's holdovers, replacing them with Trump-friendly managers and business continues as usual.

I have very little faith in the public initiating a push against the intelligence establishment.
    Originally posted by Lanny If anything we're going to see more funding to the betabet agencies, or a new agency altogether, in the name of trying to mitigate the leak.

NLA.

National Leak Agency.

With Trump in charge(currently), I wouldn't doubt it if we get an agency dedicated to stopping/covering up leaks like this. But maybe it's for the best. I mean really, is this type of leak really good for our nation?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Certainly Trump has made some high publicity overtures, usually in the form of EOs, towards making good on many of his campaign promises, although it's worth noting the mixed bag they represent in terms of results so far. But fine, let's be charitable and say he really has done his best to deliver everything he's promised. What has he promised re: the american intelligence community? That he's pro-spying on domestic citizen and that Snowden should literally be executed. He has no political obligation to care, to raise a finger on this issue, not even the weakest sort in the form of a campaign promise.

Post last edited by Lanny at 2017-03-08T03:02:08.998383+00:00
    I'm scared

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by SBTlauien NLA.

National Leak Agency.

With Trump in charge(currently), I wouldn't doubt it if we get an agency dedicated to stopping/covering up leaks like this. But maybe it's for the best. I mean really, is this type of leak really good for our nation?

I'd rather take my chances with informing leaking to... what? Religious extremists elevated above medieval military technology by us literally handing them weapons, over a vast domestic bureaucracy with a history of hostility towards dissidents and next to zero accountability even to our highest elected official. I'd feel the same way if the fucking ghosts of Marx and Gandhi jointly held the presidency, but it doesn't help that a tv celebrity who probably has clinical narcissism has the reigns now.
    Fair, but he's been remarkably inconsistent when it comes to that. I guess a lot of it depends on how he views their current attacks against him - whether they're a tool being used by people who want to attack him or dangerous and uncontrollable by design.

It's also interesting that a large volume of Trump supporters seem to support the betabet soup agencies unconditionally - there will be a large split between 'small government' constitutionalists and 'america firsters' in the Trump camp, so the path to alienate the least of his followers would probably be to make a spectacle of it that gives the illusion of justice without making any real change.

Though... He's not stupid. I suspect he knows people would see through that, especially the people who voted him in on the basis of 'cleaning up' or even just 'shaking up' the political system.
    fight me
Jump to Top