User Controls

How I make my gravy

Instigator Space Nigga
    Get a stock cube
    Take the silver paper off.
    put in a bowl
    pour hot water on.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    you didn't make that!
    you just assembled things that already exist!
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    bacon fat, flour, milk, salt , pepper

get the fat hot, add a small amount of flour like a small fist full,, then brown it, and add milk slowly as you stir with a fork, add pepper and salt, keep stirring till it starts to thicken stop adding milk before it gets to thin, if it do add a smidge more flour.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Bradley Black Hole
    I fry beef kinda slow fo ra long time on medium/low, right at the end I hit the steak with all types of seasoning (I don't eat steak) that people like, little WishIfuckedyoursister sauce, and right at the end I pour our everything into a big ass bowl and hit that bitch on SUPER HIGH to sear the outsides, i serve whoever wants to eat a slab of meat (not me) and take that WishIFuckedYOurSisterSauce + drippings + salt, I hit it with flower and render it down to about 2/3 prior.

THe flour + Beef drippings + Wishishshire (The correct term I think) and seasoning salt becomes a pretty good thick gravy and I drizzle that DRIZZLE MY NIGGA on some seared potatoes.

that's how I do it

i can do it with ham drippings, beef drippings, chicken I don't like to use turkey I Don't like to use, that typa grease aint good.

Bacon okay, shout out to pole cat I'd eat at his house.
    Originally posted by Instigator Get a stock cube
    put in a bowl
    pour hot water on.

That's stock/broth not gravy nigger
    Personally I like to get naked and do da cha cha
    Bradley Black Hole
    found out u can buy these bags of powder that just do the shit for u .59 cents at the supermarket
    Pete Green African Astronaut
    put in a bowl
    pour hot water on.

that is just broth. you have to take equal tablespoon of butter, melt it slowly, mix it into a tablespoon of flour with a whisk and then mix that into the broth. add a little salt or herbs.

thats how you make Gravy! and I dont even cook. haha I know about the Roux
    Bradley Black Hole
    so u just take bullion, flour and butter
    You're in Blighty right op?

Get yee some Bisto instant gravy granules for the love of god...I have them specially flown in.

Pour that on your saveloy for fucks sake! delicious.
    trippymindfuk African Astronaut
    Originally posted by POLECAT bacon fat, flour, milk, salt , pepper

get the fat hot, add a small amount of flour like a small fist full,, then brown it, and add milk slowly as you stir with a fork, add pepper and salt, keep stirring till it starts to thicken stop adding milk before it gets to thin, if it do add a smidge more flour.

Good recipe here, I've only really done sausage gravy and the like. I used to make huge batches of what they called gravy in jail when I worked the kitchen but I don't count that shit. I need to expand my horizons and do some beef or chicken gravy sometime soon here.
    trippymindfuk African Astronaut
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    put in a bowl
    pour hot water on.

That is not gravy it is a facsimile of broth.

jerryb African Astronaut
    Originally posted by trippymindfuk Good recipe here, I've only really done sausage gravy and the like. I used to make huge batches of what they called gravy in jail when I worked the kitchen but I don't count that shit. I need to expand my horizons and do some beef or chicken gravy sometime soon here.

You can use pretty much any type meat, my fav is hot sausage. I've made gravy for lots of folks from different countries and all liked it.
    EduCaTional CATastropHE African Astronaut
    Originally posted by POLECAT bacon fat, flour, milk, salt , pepper

about to try this thx fam
    Instigator Space Nigga
    Sometimes I use granules.
    Niggles Tuskegee Airman
    put in a bowl
    pour hot water on.

thats not gravy
    that's just broth.
    those cubes are freeze dried broth or dehydrated broth into solid form

you however can use broth or meat drainoff (blood, fat) to make Gravy.
    as a matter of fact Gravy doesn't even need meat. you can use spices and make a Country Gravy (white) with Milk, Roue which is butter melted with flour and some spices. thats a country gravy

or you mix the broth with flour and butter mixed with a whisk slowly little by little.

Melt butter slowly, start whisking in flour until it's thicken (usually 1:1 ratio)

then pour in broth (out of a cartoon etc) and then start adding a little more flour until thicken. but it thickens when it cools so not too much more flour
    Kafka sweaty
    I didn't know there was another way to make gravy other than Bisto.
Jump to Top