User Controls

Shepherd's Pie

Rather than keep buying I made it myself this weekend.

DELICIOUS.

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    jerryb African Astronaut
    Yeah it's pretty simple to make, glad you reminded me I need to make some. I forget about dishes sometimes. As Candy says he be old and shit wiff dementia. lol
    6 dinners out of that...or 4 if I'm being a fat bastard.
    That looks good Frankie , I like it also with green beans in it and cheese on top
    Originally posted by I Live In Your Crawlspace Secretly4 That looks good Frankie , I like it also with green beans in it and cheese on top

There's green beans in it, you just can't see em.

Yeah I like yellow cheddar on top but I didn't have any, only extra mature white cheddar so I skipped the cheese this time around.
    trippymindfuk African Astronaut
    Never had it or even heard of it until I started dating my baby's mom. She used to make it often and it was always really good. I need to make it soon myself I don't really think of it ever
    blob6106 Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Rather than keep buying I made it myself this weekend.

DELICIOUS.

jedi people call it Laka
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    That looks delicious

You appear to make it correctly, it's easy to use too much potato and have them too thick. The question is what do you do to the hamburger and do you ever use carrots or sprinkle it with cheese?
    cigreting Dark Matter
    wats in it
    A Mexican chicken told me white people eat a lot of casseroles and I was taken aback
    Bradley Black Hole
    how do you make yours? I wanna try
    Those shepherds sure know how make a good pie.
    blob6106 Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by I Live In Your Crawlspace Secretly4 A Mexican chicken told me white people eat a lot of casseroles and I was taken aback

Why didn't you front him a one/two combo
    blob6106 Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Those shepherds sure know how make a good pie.

Shut up Canadian the commie
    Kafka sweaty
    Things shouldn't be sticking out of the potato on top like that and it should be covered with cheese. That meat looks kind of soggy, if it isn't lamb it's not shepherd's pie. If it's beef it's cottage pie. Also get rid of the sweetcorn.
    Originally posted by Kafka Things shouldn't be sticking out of the potato on top like

That's the potato skins...only faggots remove the potato skin when it's the healthiest part
    My gf loves making it for st. pats but its not my favorite bc i think lamb tastes weird unless its spiced like in middle eastern food. Otherwise just very greasy n gamey.
    Originally posted by Bradley how do you make yours? I wanna try

3-5lb taters (UNPEELED UNLESS YOU'RE A FAGGOT)
    2.5LB or so of Ground lamb or beef or deer+sausage (YOU DECIDE)
    2 onions diced
    carrots, peas, green beans corn...(re: use a bag of mixed veg)
    Parsley, thyme, Rosemary, garlic (qty determined by your taste)
    2-4 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce and/or soy sauce
    1 cup Beef/chicken/veg broth (YOU DECIDE)
    salt+pepper
    Grated cheese
    Butter for the mashed taters

Boil, mash add butter and some of the garlic to the taters.

Brown the meat, slightly brown the onions
    mix meat, onions, veggies, herbs, liquids together.
    slop the mix into a suitably sized pan
    Cover with the mashed taterines
    Cook for about 30mins at 400f...add grated cheese if you want about 10 mins before ready...or if like me you are not eating it all at once, you can add the cheese later when warming it up.
    Originally posted by General Butt.Naked My gf loves making it for st. pats but its not my favorite bc i think lamb tastes weird unless its spiced like in middle eastern food. Otherwise just very greasy n gamey.

You can use beef if you want to, or a combo of beef and sausage meat. As any great chef knows a recipe is just a guide...the true chef adapts to his want's and needs.

If you only ever follow recipes to the letter you might as well go buy a frozen one...

Add your flare nigger.
    I like putting some of those instant potato au gratin dehydrated slices on the bottom. Soaks up the grease to make it not quite so soupy, and makes a sort of tasty golden potato crust
Jump to Top