User Controls

Need motivational advice

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Why do I find it easy to clean at work and actually enjoy it, but I procrastinate it at home until my disgust outweighs my apathy? I realize I'm not getting paid when I'm at home, but surely there's something I can do I help motivate me to clean when I don't feel like it, and I'm not talking about TECH. any practical advice not involving drugs?
    All you gotta do is find that mindloop you built at work and conciously implement it into your home life nigga.

Trus me I had the same problem. Still do kinda. But learning to take joy in nessecary labor makes life a bit easier.
    If anyone bitches at you just say "Hey, fuck you, go to my work its fucking spotless, WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO ALL DAY!?"

and turn it against them. Thats what I do when anyone asks me to do anything.
    Cleaning your house is like martial arts.

I don't practice martial arts.
    Pray
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump If anyone bitches at you just say "Hey, fuck you, go to my work its fucking spotless, WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO ALL DAY!?"

and turn it against them. Thats what I do when anyone asks me to do anything.

You seem manipulative.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Rhymin Hymen All you gotta do is find that mindloop you built at work and conciously implement it into your home life nigga.

Trus me I had the same problem. Still do kinda. But learning to take joy in nessecary labor makes life a bit easier.

So like... Hire myself as my own cleaner and literally pay myself a wage. I'll try that. :)
    Originally posted by mmQ Why do I find it easy to clean at work and actually enjoy it, but I procrastinate it at home until my disgust outweighs my apathy? I realize I'm not getting paid when I'm at home, but surely there's something I can do I help motivate me to clean when I don't feel like it, and I'm not talking about TECH. any practical advice not involving drugs?

You have to just do it. You're thinking about motivation but you have to think about discipline. I know it's not easy. If it were easy there wouldn't be discipline. Eventually you get in the habit of it and then you don't need either.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdbORXEmbnk
    Originally posted by Discount Whore You seem manipulative.

You seem manipulated.

Originally posted by mmQ So like… Hire myself as my own cleaner and literally pay myself a wage. I'll try that. :)

Yeah dude. To make it even more fun you can write yourself a check or something for $1,000,000 and feel like you just made a cool mil just for doing your jam dawg.
    though you probs wont be able to cash it. But how good does it feel to at least hold a check made out to you for $1,000,000? It feels real good nigga.
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    Originally posted by mmQ Why do I find it easy to clean at work and actually enjoy it, but I procrastinate it at home until my disgust outweighs my apathy? I realize I'm not getting paid when I'm at home, but surely there's something I can do I help motivate me to clean when I don't feel like it, and I'm not talking about TECH. any practical advice not involving drugs?

because we're only free when being free isn't optional.
    infinityshock Black Hole

simple...stop cleaning at work and start leaving a god awful mess, worse than your house.

that way youll have consistency

Originally posted by Rhymin Hymen though you probs wont be able to cash it. But how good does it feel to at least hold a check made out to you for $1,000,000? It feels real good nigga.

Thats fucking retarded. Cleaning is a daily ritual and if you want to be any good at it you have to do it every day, thats why it always gets done at work because its such a rigid schedule unlike home life.
    Not making your home life rigid.

r u even homo ERECTus dude?
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    It's because you have attachment to your stuff at home. You can justify its existence and the state of your filth. At work, you're shuffling around other people's stuff and it doesn't matter. Solve your attachment issues and you'll solve your procrastination issues.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle

Interesting theory. I'm attached to my stuff so I'm ok with it not being clean? But if I don't care about my stuff, I will start cleaning it? Did I interpret that correctly?

Thank you for the replies so far I appreciate it m8s. I don't know what I was honestly hoping for or expecting, some little trick or technique that other's use that has helped them overcome this very same issue that I'm dealing with I guess.

It's probably way deeper than I'm thinking it is, like I subconsciously allow my mess to build up until whatever magical point forces me to clean it, because when I DO do my cleaning I do a deep deep clean and make everything pretty much spotless throughout my entire apartment, then feel this nice satisfaction when I'm done, only to let it slowly build up to a similar state and then do it again. I don't fucking know I'm a cringe pot. I don't understand 90% of the choices I make.
    you must train every day with discirprine
    Originally posted by mmQ It's probably way deeper than I'm thinking it is, like I subconsciously allow my mess to build up until whatever magical point forces me to clean it, because when I DO do my cleaning I do a deep deep clean and make everything pretty much spotless throughout my entire apartment, then feel this nice satisfaction when I'm done, only to let it slowly build up to a similar state and then do it again. I don't fucking know I'm a cringe pot. I don't understand 90% of the choices I make.

Think about that shit man. Thats like cycles nigga. That feeling you get when its all clean? Why let it fade yo? What kind of cycle is that? I am wondering if you could substitute that immense satisfaction of an entirely clean home with the small satisfaction of cleaning up a mess as it occurs and still be better off. I dunno man. I just dont fuckin know!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Rhymin Hymen Think about that shit man. Thats like cycles nigga. That feeling you get when its all clean? Why let it fade yo? What kind of cycle is that? I am wondering if you could substitute that immense satisfaction of an entirely clean home with the small satisfaction of cleaning up a mess as it occurs and still be better off. I dunno man. I just dont fuckin know!

That's the thing I don't even notice it happening. Like my apartment will be perfect and shiny and all that for the next week or so, then slowly slowly deteriorates back to the build up of mess that would make a regular house mom cringe her pants off. Of course it's just me living there so that makes it easier to put it off because I don't have the embarrassment or whatever of having someone else see the mess. You're right though. It feels a hell of a lot nicer to come home to a clean apartment, and seeing my mess day in and day out surely has an emotional effect on me.

For the record, it's not like some Hoarders level mess I'm getting too, it's just... messier than it needs to be.
Jump to Top