User Controls

My Subaru's Oil Consumption

  1. #1
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    Purchased last Tuesday (I think) and it was good on oil when I drove it home.
    Took it too work all week and drove a lot yesterday.
    I checked this morning and there was nothing to see on the dipstick.
    I poured a quart in here and it registered at the minimum level.
    I went and bought more oil.

    So far we are at 1 quart.
  2. #2
    Donald Trump Naturally Camouflaged
    Any leaking? Is it burning oil? What does the exhaust smoke look like?
  3. #3
    Originally posted by Fonaplats Purchased last Tuesday (I think) and it was good on oil when I drove it home.
    Took it too work all week and drove a lot yesterday.
    I checked this morning and there was nothing to see on the dipstick.
    I poured a quart in here and it registered at the minimum level.
    I went and bought more oil.

    So far we are at 1 quart.

    Check the oil sump underneath the car isn't leaking which it obviously sounds like it is.
  4. #4
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    They burn oil when they get old.
  5. #5
    cigreting Naturally Camouflaged
    told you theres a reason these Subaru owners usually dump their cars cheap
  6. #6
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    I threw in another half quart but since Im not even driving it today Ill wait until tomorrow and get it checked for leaks when I take it too get the AC fixed.

    Im tempted to just flip this car and stop while Im ahead.
  7. #7
    Donald Trump Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Fonaplats I threw in another half quart but since Im not even driving it today Ill wait until tomorrow and get it checked for leaks when I take it too get the AC fixed.

    Im tempted to just flip this car and stop while Im ahead.

    If it's leaking oil you should be able to see the drips on the ground.
  8. #8
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    This shit is why you should buy new if you can,you get a warranty and a few years of peace of mind.
  9. #9
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    I added some more.
    We are currently at 2qrts of oil in less than a ducking week.
  10. #10
    Cylinder head gasket or value cover gasket? Not all leaks are underneath. Check your coolant too to see if that's disappearing.
  11. #11
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Cylinder head gasket or value cover gasket? Not all leaks are underneath. Check your coolant too to see if that's disappearing.

    I was a little low on coolant so I overfilled it yesterday. I couldn't see what it looked like in there though.
    My Pontiac had done than and started mixing all it's fucking fluids together. I was finding gas and oil in the coolant and so I sold it too a drug dealer for some dope.
  12. #12
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    I kept fearing the short block was the issue as there were a lot of recalls about Subaru's consuming oil due to short blocks cracking.
    Mine has no recalls out for it.
    In going to have the mechanic give me his opinion when I got get the AC fixed.
  13. #13
    Oil in the coolant is 100% head gasket leaking...if you can't see in use a turkey baster or something to suck some coolant out and look for little black blobs in it.
  14. #14
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    Took it too get the AC recharged and the mechanic wanted to keep the car.
    I said I'd come back another day...
    Now In at Jiffy Lube getting an oil change to get a fresh start.
  15. #15
    Rape Monster African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Fonaplats I was finding gas and oil in the coolant and so I sold it too a drug dealer for some dope.

    Lmao, I bet that dude deserved it
  16. #16
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    I got those ducks today.
    Used my coupon and drove off with a $42 oil change and 2 free top offs.
    If they Subaru as consuming vast quantities of oil then that $42 will be well worth it.

    Last time I went there those dick heads wanted $90 to change the oil in my Escape and I said no thanks.
  17. #17
    Originally posted by Fonaplats Took it too get the AC recharged and the mechanic wanted to keep the car.
    I said I'd come back another day…
    Now In at Jiffy Lube getting an oil change to get a fresh start.


    That guy is smart he didn't want to waste his time doing diagnosis for something you wouldn't have him fix anyway so he said ITD B A WHILE figure it out yourself jedibait..
    SLAMPIG
  18. #18
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Cylinder head gasket or value cover gasket? Not all leaks are underneath. Check your coolant too to see if that's disappearing.

    keep thinking about value village.

    yes ?
  19. #19
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Oil in the coolant is 100% head gasket leaking…if you can't see in use a turkey baster or something to suck some coolant out and look for little black blobs in it.

    what about coolant in the oil ?
  20. #20
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny what about coolant in the oil ?

    what about it? its easier to check for oil in coolant..if its there then it's obviously in the other too
Jump to Top