User Controls

Phone broke, anyone have a recommendation for a phablet?

Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    I like my screen real estate and don't wear skinny jeans. Would prefer to spend under $300 for a used one.

Needs are fairly moderate, although I might want to try a used Gear VR for fun, and I have realized the dynamics of the app market, readily making use of the extra power available, so I've accepted that while for every day use phones had enough power years ago it's still best to have enough juice to at least be able to run anything worth using for the next 2 years.

Currently interested in a Galaxy Note 4 or 5. Don't know what China has available, but I certainly am curious, there are fantastic deals to be had there.
    Oh, there is a subreddit, just like /r/chinaglass: https://www.reddit.com/r/chinaphones/

God bless you free-market capitalism! Even the most vehement Marxist regimes eventually accept your superiority, every single time.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    what kind of jeans do you wear? And don't buy anything from china, we're trying to make america great again, mmmmk?

/thread
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Samsung Galaxy note 7
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Malice I like my screen real estate and don't wear skinny jeans. Would prefer to spend under $300 for a used one.

Needs are fairly moderate, although I might want to try a used Gear VR for fun, and I have realized the dynamics of the app market, readily making use of the extra power available, so I've accepted that while for every day use phones had enough power years ago it's still best to have enough juice to at least be able to run anything worth using for the next 2 years.

Currently interested in a Galaxy Note 4 or 5. Don't know what China has available, but I certainly am curious, there are fantastic deals to be had there.

I have a note-4 that I've had for more than two years. I never bought a 5 because of two reasons: first, the battery isn't removable and second, there is no removable/expandable memory slot. I almost bought a note7 because it was a somewhat compromise with the removable memory but no removable battery. now that it's common knowledge that the note7 has more in common with an IED than a telephone I'm even more determined to never buy a phone that doesn't have the two criteria I listed.

I've heard some good things about other large form-factor phones, but I want to stick with something I know. I have used samsung phones since about the 90s. I think my old brick phone was a samsung. regardless of brand loyalty, I'm sitting this out until samsung unfucks themselves after this last snafu, between their phones and other products. considering corporations have zero loyalty to their customers, I have no qualms about brand-hopping in a heart beat. (suck it, sprint...pieces of shit)

I'm sure no one wants me to post a pic of my phone. anyone that does...I've posted it before. go find the pics.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby what kind of jeans do you wear? And don't buy anything from china, we're trying to make america great again, mmmmk?

/thread

you want him to post pics of his ass, too? bitch...I saw him first...he's mine. you can have sloppy seconds.

and...I avoid buying anything I can from chinkland. that's why I haven't bought one of the large-screen phones their ridiculously named company's who's name I can't remember produces
    Originally posted by infinityshock you want him to post pics of his ass, too? bitch…I saw him first…he's mine. you can have sloppy seconds.

and…I avoid buying anything I can from chinkland. that's why I haven't bought one of the large-screen phones their ridiculously named company's who's name I can't remember produces

lol ohh yeaah "samsung" is so hard to remember... smh
    If you're fine with buying used, check Swappa.

https://swappa.com/

I would recommend the following if you want to buy a used 2016 or 2015 phone for under $300:

- ZTE Axon 7

- Nexus 6P or 6 (older but not terrible)

- Alcatel Idol 4S

- LG G4

- LG V10

- Samsung Galaxy Note 5

If you want an iPhone, you can get a 6 Plus for fairly cheap and it's still a really solid iOS device. iOS is really not for me but if you want it, they're still good.
    If you want a new one, let me know, there are some very decent mid to low end options nowadays if you're willing to walk outside of the big brands.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby lol ohh yeaah "samsung" is so hard to remember… smh

Samsung is korean, beaner
    Originally posted by infinityshock Samsung is korean, beaner

Still chinx

HampTheToker African Astronaut
    I'm getting a OnePlus 3T here in a week or two. Flagship tier for about half the price. Plus, it's got tons of third party developer support. I'll be able to run just about any rom that I want. OnePlus is a Chinese company, but I don't really think of them like that since they actively support the root community and allow their customers to run custom roms without any negative affect to the warranty.

I've even heard people refer to OnePlus' phones as the new Nexus.
    Get one of those laptops that turns into a tablet.
    Originally posted by HampTheToker I'm getting a OnePlus 3T here in a week or two. Flagship tier for about half the price. Plus, it's got tons of third party developer support. I'll be able to run just about any rom that I want. OnePlus is a Chinese company, but I don't really think of them like that since they actively support the root community and allow their customers to run custom roms without any negative affect to the warranty.

I've even heard people refer to OnePlus' phones as the new Nexus.

I was gonna recomend it but its like $450, which is outside of his range.

I'm actually a big phone enthusiast, but only in interest. I'm still rocking my OnePlus One from 2014 with CM14 simply because it still runs great and does everything I want.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Hmm, well I suppose I would be willing to spend $450 if it was truly worth it. New phones just feel so overpriced for the amount of usage, though.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    cerakote African Astronaut
    just buy a used phone on CL or something from the chinkshit general on /g/
    Originally posted by infinityshock Samsung is korean, beaner

hey piss pants pussy bitch, you need to step up your game. It's gotten pretty weak lately
    TreyGowdy Houston
    Buy an old thinkpad and a mobile dongle.
    Originally posted by Malice Hmm, well I suppose I would be willing to spend $450 if it was truly worth it. New phones just feel so overpriced for the amount of usage, though.

The question is, what exactly do you want to accomplish? If you're fine with an older phone that does all basic functions competently then as I said before, I'm still using my OnePlus One from 2014, and they are actually super cheap used now (~$150), slap a custom ROM on it and it runs good as new.

The OnePlus 3 and ZTE Axon 7 are both great "budget flagship" phones though if you are willing to drop 400+. The Axon 7 has those great forward facing speakers as its main edge (no cupping your hands around the phone to get balanced sound), but the OP3T is an all around great phone and I would pick it all around because of my so far great experience with the One. But those front facing speakers are so fucking underrated though. I miss them from my HTC One M7 :C

Post last edited by Captain Falcon at 2017-02-11T00:43:29.818473+00:00

Post last edited by Captain Falcon at 2017-02-11T00:45:46.879198+00:00
    Originally posted by TreyGowdy Buy an old thinkpad and a mobile dongle.

I'll put my dongle in ur ass
Jump to Top