User Controls

good job for a narcissist?

Kev Space Nigga
    so i got a family member,a bit of a problem. unemployed, never finished high school, but hes a genius in his mind, thinks hes a gift to the universe. when his parents and i bugged him to get a job, he said his skills are documented on his craigslist profile and employers know where to reach him if they need him. yeah, i guess he forgot were in a recession, lmao.

his ego problems make him kind of untrainable because he thinks he knows everything and he always needs everything to go his way in general. personally, i get along with him fine because i know how to interact with him so my uncle expects me to vouch for him and get him a job at my workplace, which wont happen because i know no one here will deal with his shit. so far, he thinks everything is beneath him and because he has no diploma, it complicates things. so im trying to get some ideas of what kind of work he might thrive in, or at least tolerate.

any ideas?
    Aleister Crowley African Astronaut
    Suicide
    he can work for me deploying solidity contracts on the blockchain I am currently paying $1 USD per file and I need like 1000 files so there is some real potential here for a highly motivated person to make some extra money learning a new cutting edge technology on da blockchin

https://niggasin.space/thread/71680

cigreting Dark Matter
    didnt finish highschool but thinks he is above almost everyone 😂
    I dont know many, i think a job where he doesnt interact with anyone would be best. Get him a driving job somewhere
    Kev Space Nigga
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood he can work for me deploying solidity contracts on the blockchain I am currently paying $1 USD per file and I need like 1000 files so there is some real potential here for a highly motivated person to make some extra money learning a new cutting edge technology on da blockchin

https://niggasin.space/thread/71680

the goal is a steady job, not a $1000 gig.

Originally posted by cigreting didnt finish highschool but thinks he is above almost everyone 😂
    I dont know many, i think a job where he doesnt interact with anyone would be best. Get him a driving job somewhere

to be fair, i dropped out too but i know my limits and have accepted reality a long time ago. all the jobs he is offered are mostly customer service and burger joints which of course he dismisses as beneath him.

i agree customer service jobs are completely out, i cant see him working with people at all. a driving job is a good idea actually but my uncle has to make up his mind on either letting him use his truck or helping him with a bootstrap to fix his neglected ride that he abandoned a while ago. then he can finally drive to work or drive for a living. all jobs that required a vehicle were out because of this but i think we can open up a lot more opportunities now.

thanks cigareting
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    He sounds like a bitch, tell him to fuck off and solve his own problems if he's so goddamn smart.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Aleister Crowley African Astronaut
    A drop out isn't a narcissist, it's a retard.
    Sounds like politics would be the perfect job.
    Kev Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Solstice He sounds like a bitch, tell him to fuck off and solve his own problems if he's so goddamn smart.

thats the problem, he doesnt think he has problems at all. dropout, not a problem. living in his parents basement, not a problem. jobless? not a problem. his girlfriend has a restraining order on him? not a problem.

i just think if he got some real independence and worked for a living that it could improve him and he could get some real confidence, none of this fronting shit.

Originally posted by Aleister Crowley A drop out isn't a narcissist, it's a retard.

its a form of retardation
    You don't really learn anything useful in school. Hardly anything.
    Originally posted by Kev so i got a family member,a bit of a problem. unemployed, never finished high school, but hes a genius in his mind, thinks hes a gift to the universe. when his parents and i bugged him to get a job, he said his skills are documented on his craigslist profile and employers know where to reach him if they need him. yeah, i guess he forgot were in a recession, lmao.

his ego problems make him kind of untrainable because he thinks he knows everything and he always needs everything to go his way in general. personally, i get along with him fine because i know how to interact with him so my uncle expects me to vouch for him and get him a job at my workplace, which wont happen because i know no one here will deal with his shit. so far, he thinks everything is beneath him and because he has no diploma, it complicates things. so im trying to get some ideas of what kind of work he might thrive in, or at least tolerate.

any ideas?

Whoever is paying for his accommodation and bills should stop and kick him out.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Kev Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Whoever is paying for his accommodation and bills should stop and kick him out.

its on the horizon unless he gets a job. personally, i think the people who failed to raise him into an adult should take responsibility for what they created. his parents are blessed with the unique combination of opportunities, stability, entitlement and lack of self awareness, typical of most boomers. monkey see monkey do, except the opportunities and stability are no longer there, so of course he winds up a fuckup.
    cigreting Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Kev the goal is a steady job, not a $1000 gig.

to be fair, i dropped out too but i know my limits and have accepted reality a long time ago. all the jobs he is offered are mostly customer service and burger joints which of course he dismisses as beneath him.

i agree customer service jobs are completely out, i cant see him working with people at all. a driving job is a good idea actually but my uncle has to make up his mind on either letting him use his truck or helping him with a bootstrap to fix his neglected ride that he abandoned a while ago. then he can finally drive to work or drive for a living. all jobs that required a vehicle were out because of this but i think we can open up a lot more opportunities now.

thanks cigareting

I didnt mean it as if anyone who drops out is a dumb person, but acting like he above everyone with little education is pretty ignorant. Sounds like he has alot of issues and i still think a driving job of some sort would he good for him since he wont interact with many people.
    Kev Space Nigga
    yeah its a good idea, driving is pretty liberating.
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    Tell him to get a pedicure and sell pictures of his feet to other men
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Personality disorders that fall under cluster B, which includes Borderline, Bipolar, Narcissistic, Histrionic and Anti-Social Personality Disorder are the antagonistic disorders. They are notoriuosuly treatment resistant. Mental health professionals need to specialize in them i order to even have a chance at treating these. Specially educated psychologists and Psychiatrists still have a low success rate.

Reason i mention that, is because whatever good intentions you may have there is almost nothing you can do to help your loved one. A job for someone suffering from NPD would be something prestigious, something exotic. The NPD person needs to perceive the job as giving them more status. Not sure how old this person is, but you might be able to convince them to get a PhD in something. Emphasize how impressive that would be and since he is obviously a genius tell em you know he could pull it off.

Having a PhD allows a person to do post doc studies and research projects they'll get paid to do.
    Kev Space Nigga
    him? a PHD?

he couldnt even get a diploma because he thinks theres nothing for him to learn since he knows everything, he is too good for formal education.

welp, my uncle still refuses to lend his truck or to give him a bootstrap for his, i honestly dont think his parents want him to succeed. one of the few legitimate complaints he has is they always create obstacles for him, i can kind of see that now.
    Yesterday in Canada, it become a criminal offence under federal law to try to treat someone with a personality disorder, such as gender dysphoria.
    Kev Space Nigga
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Yesterday in Canada, it become a criminal offence under federal law to try to treat someone with a personality disorder, such as gender dysphoria.

people collecting disability benefits for narcissism... thatll be the day
Jump to Top