User Controls

Opinion……How will this end?

Technologist victim of incest
    I know many of us have our own opinions about what is happening in the US, but one thing for sure, something’s got to break.

I’m trying to envision what is ahead of us, but there’s so many variables.

What’s your thought?

I know I sure hope the delusional will come to their senses, but it doesn’t seem likely. How will this play out?
    Xlite African Astronaut
    People guna die
    I don’t picture an actual civil war, so what will it look like? Just rogue people going out and shooting government officials?

Then what? I just picture them going to jail🤷‍♀️
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Will we hit some sort of rock bottom? Is there a way to find a common ground?

Maybe if some country pulls a “9/11 similar event”, we will come together again🤷‍♀️
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    it's too volatile to make any reliable predictions, but I suspect economic failure will be the major turning point.

the current world economic order stops functioning, domestic supply chains break, people start to starve, the state uses the military to come down hard and ration what's left, people fight it in large numbers to keep what they have

whatever the catalyst is, current political and economic systems are a delicate equilibrium. once something upsets it just enough, things will get very bad very fast
    Logistically how does economic failure come about?
    This is definitely one thing you were right about Aldra, there’ll be some sort of civil unrest. When you predicted a civil war here, I envisioned 1861. I’m sure it will look a lot different, but there’s gonna be problems I’m sure.
    I'm not an economist (I have a hard time understanding a lot of it) so I'm not going to pretend I can get into specifics, but a few notes:

1. Keeping the USD as the world's only reserve currency allows it an extraordinary set of advantages, such as being able to leverage its own debt for growth and to effectively control the rate of development of competitors through sanctions, exchange rates and energy (oil) costs. More and more states, specifically those not considered allies of the 'west' are opting to trade in their own currencies or alternatives like the Yuan

2. The financial crisis of 2008 was never actually solved; their (not just the US, but the EU and most other countries) 'solution' was Quantitive Easing which is quite literally just printing money and tampering with interest rates, which effectively just borrows value from the future. We've come to the point where we need to add exponentially more money to the pool to keep systems running, which is why we're seeing even mainstream media start to worry about hyperinflation.

I wrote some stuff about the FIRE sector, rampant speculation and how much of the economy is tied up in things that are effectively just stores of value for the purpose of laundering but I'm not sure how much of it was relevant outside of Australia
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!

Just like in many other countries, religion is becoming a reason to go to war and blow things up.

Doesn’t sound very Christian-like to me🤷‍♀️
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    >how will this end
    >end

What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place.

Originally posted by Technologist This is definitely one thing you were right about Aldra, there’ll be some sort of civil unrest. When you predicted a civil war here, I envisioned 1861. I’m sure it will look a lot different, but there’s gonna be problems I’m sure.

If there's some sort of civil war before or instead of economic collapse, I think the most likely cause will be some states (probably Republican strongholds considering they're most at-odds with the Federal Government) openly disobeying federal law.

There probably won't be any official secession, but it'll get to the point where the Federal Government sends soldiers or a paramilitary agency in a show of force and some level of conflict will erupt from there. Some states will send support, others will side with the feds
    As usual Aldra I'm being your typical American, and only considering how things will be affected here. You’ve got the global perspective.

I wonder how upheaval will look to the everyday person?
    Originally posted by Technologist As usual Aldra I'm being your typical American, and only considering how things will be affected here. You’ve got the global perspective.

I wonder how upheaval will look to the everyday person?

Originally posted by aldra If there's some sort of civil war before or instead of economic collapse, I think the most likely cause will be some states (probably Republican strongholds considering they're most at-odds with the Federal Government) openly disobeying federal law.

There probably won't be any official secession, but it'll get to the point where the Federal Government sends soldiers or a paramilitary agency in a show of force and some level of conflict will erupt from there. Some states will send support, others will side with the feds

Just got my answer.🧐
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    In all seriousness though, either it goes full 1776 (yes, America, that was a civil war) or it just... persists and mutates. I know which of those two I'd prefer, but I suspect it'll end with Elon Musk installing brain chips in all the kids and taking over the world and/or corporations gaining sovereignty/corporate extraterritoriality and everyone becoming subservient neon-colored cyberserfs laboring under brutal tech CEO leiges and professional managerial class burghers.
    Originally posted by Technologist

Just like in many other countries, religion is becoming a reason to go to war and blow things up.

Doesn’t sound very Christian-like to me🤷‍♀️

https://biblehub.com/luke/22-36.htm

He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one"

I don't think you really have to worry about religion as a driver for conflict in the US though, at least among the people
    Originally posted by aldra https://biblehub.com/luke/22-36.htm

I don't think you really have to worry about religion as a driver for conflict in the US though, at least among the people

Noo it’s more like they’re using religion as a reason to justify their smugness and disdain for others. “This was God’s plan” and “we’re saving the babies”. Most hard core trumpers claim to be very religious.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    The very fabric of reality itself is crying out for a great leader. A conqueror who will gather the disaffected incels and chad trad preppers into a magnificent fighting force, to forge a new nation with a new destiny to manifest. Our NEET Rudolf von Goldenbaum will arise, and wielding the equivalent of a small nation's economy (in the form of diligently mined and hodl'd shitcoins/NFTs of rat anuses) he will lead the revolution. If I don't see the foundation of a new imperial dynasty within my lifetime, I will be shocked and disappointed.
    Originally posted by Meikai In all seriousness though, either it goes full 1776 (yes, America, that was a civil war) or it just… persists and mutates. I know which of those two I'd prefer, but I suspect it'll end with Elon Musk installing brain chips in all the kids and taking over the world and/or corporations gaining sovereignty/corporate extraterritoriality and everyone becoming subservient neon-colored cyberserfs laboring under brutal tech CEO leiges and professional managerial class burghers.

God help us all 😱

My fear is us turning into an authoritarian country. I’m sure it would evolve over time, but I don’t think that’s far fetched.
    Originally posted by Technologist God help us all 😱

My fear is us turning into an authoritarian country. I’m sure it would evolve over time, but I don’t think that’s far fetched.

Originally posted by Meikai The very fabric of reality itself is crying out for a great leader. A conqueror who will gather the disaffected incels and chad trad preppers into a magnificent fighting force, to forge a new nation with a new destiny to manifest. Our NEET Rudolf von Goldenbaum will arise, and wielding the equivalent of a small nation's economy (in the form of diligently mined and hodl'd shitcoins/NFTs of rat anuses) he will lead the revolution. If I don't see the foundation of a new imperial dynasty within my lifetime, I will be shocked and disappointed.

Somewhat similar lines of thought.
    Originally posted by Technologist God help us all 😱

Most western countries are already pretty authoritarian, the majority of people either aren't affected by or agree with the edicts though (which is compounded by media saturation). Most people don't get upset when the government gives itself special powers, only when it uses those powers to tell you to do something you don't want to do and by then it's too late.

The government here took advantage of the lockdowns and 'emergency provisions' to ram through a bunch of laws while the media couldn't cover them and opposition couldn't be organized. One of those laws gave 'intelligence tribunals' the power to issue warrants so ASIO and pals no longer need to convince a magistrate, and another allowed them not only to intercept and store data but also to edit and falsify it.

Do you really think they're ever going to give up the 'emergency powers' they've given themselves?
Jump to Top