User Controls

lanny you idiot

put "latest threads" before "subscriptions"
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    lanny: please randomise the order of the user controls links just for sploo's account
    making the least used thing easier to click on then the most used thing

forum design at its finest
    What next an icemaker!?
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump What next an icemaker!?

you're an icemaker
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    It's called forced adoption
    I'm with sploo it looks ugly as hell but I've only seen it on mobile.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Lanny It's called forced adoption

like what happens to a guy when a chick 'forgets' to take her birth control...
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    "Either you do this thing that i don't understand my way, or you don't do it at all idiot!"
    Originally posted by aldra you're an icemaker

in case you don't get it and assume I'm just talking rubbish:

Merlin Houston
    Originally posted by aldra in case you don't get it and assume I'm just talking rubbish:

Oy get a life m8, bin that ice.
    Originally posted by Merlin Oy get a life m8, bin that ice.

fuckin ayyy ya shit cunt
    Originally posted by Sophie "Either you do this thing that i don't understand my way, or you don't do it at all idiot!"

what didnt i understand

its more convenient to click on the far left and be taken to new threads
    Originally posted by the holy ghost what didnt i understand

its more convenient to click on the far left and be taken to new threads

I am just complaining about people who complain about software but don't really know how software works.

"this isn't a good drawing of a car"

"how do u know feggit do you even study automotive mechanics???"
    Originally posted by the holy ghost

"this isn't a good drawing of a car"

"how do u know feggit do you even study automotive mechanics???"

That's a funny analogy. And i suppose you are right.
    there isnt even an option to subscribe to threads
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I mean it's true that that top left position is privileged real estate, whatever sits there is a slightly easier click target than the rest of the links. I put subscriptions there intentionally because I want people to use it. The change might cause a few miss-clicks but I think the total user experience (that is focusing navigation on being to and from a subscription set as opposed to a list of threads by bump time) scales better. If you only read the first page of latest threads and volume is high enough that content can be pushed off of it between times when you look at it (at this point this describes busy days or posters that don't read daily) then you can miss threads you intended to watch.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by the holy ghost there isnt even an option to subscribe to threads

By default you subscribe when you post. You can change it to subscribe you when you view (or never) on your profile page.
    Originally posted by Lanny I mean it's true that that top left position is privileged real estate, whatever sits there is a slightly easier click target than the rest of the links. I put subscriptions there intentionally because I want people to use it. The change might cause a few miss-clicks but I think the total user experience (that is focusing navigation on being to and from a subscription set as opposed to a list of threads by bump time) scales better. If you only read the first page of latest threads and volume is high enough that content can be pushed off of it between times when you look at it (at this point this describes busy days or posters that don't read daily) then you can miss threads you intended to watch.

now users are going to be specialized to their own threads instead of having widespread contribution due to this one inch shift in placement. it was cool that everyone had a say in everything but those days are now long gone :'( we will now exist in sects of circlejerking
Jump to Top