User Controls

Integrating radar detector notifications/information into car stereo

  1. #1
    As well as showing diagnostic data on stereo, all with the help of an "ADS iDataLink Maestro RR".

    https://k40.com/k40-electronics-custom-installed-radar-detection-systems-integrate-with-select-pioneer-head-units/

    quacks?
  2. #2
    Nile Tuskegee Airman
    Why not just don't speed lol idiot.
  3. #3
    Originally posted by Nile Why not just don't speed lol idiot.

    Do you drive?
  4. #4
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian Do you drive?

    I set my cruise control for 3 to 5 mph over the speed limit no matter what it is or how far im going.
  5. #5
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I've never met anyone who actually used cruise control


    dunno what you mean to accomplish by opening up a thread, all those head units are closed-source so we can't just program new inputs into them.

    the easiest thing I can think of would be to wire the radar detector into an arduino or something that generates a tone, then wire that into the head unit so you get an audible alert when the radar detector triggers.
  6. #6
    lllll Yung Blood
    Originally posted by Nile Why not just don't speed lol idiot.
    Originally posted by Fonaplats I set my cruise control for 3 to 5 mph over the speed limit no matter what it is or how far im going.

    Eeeew... kys

    Originally posted by Misguided Russian As well as showing diagnostic data on stereo, all with the help of an "ADS iDataLink Maestro RR".

    https://k40.com/k40-electronics-custom-installed-radar-detection-systems-integrate-with-select-pioneer-head-units/

    quacks?

    My A8 had one. The new one they have is supposed to be even better.
    You gotta everything tho, “stealth installed” with the laser jammers & shit, otherwise it’s not really worth it.

    But it does work great!
  7. #7
    Originally posted by aldra I've never met anyone who actually used cruise control


    dunno what you mean to accomplish by opening up a thread, all those head units are closed-source so we can't just program new inputs into them.

    the easiest thing I can think of would be to wire the radar detector into an arduino or something that generates a tone, then wire that into the head unit so you get an audible alert when the radar detector triggers.

    Its a thing that you can do with these: https://www.idatalinkmaestro.com/en

    Those maestro units are also used to show data diagnostics on the head unit, as well as allow the steering wheel controls to work when replacing the stock head unit.
  8. #8
    Originally posted by lllll Eeeew… kys



    My A8 had one. The new one they have is supposed to be even better.
    You gotta everything tho, “stealth installed” with the laser jammers & shit, otherwise it’s not really worth it.

    But it does work great!

    Not worth it to integrate just a detector without jammers? Did you install yourself?
  9. #9
    lllll Yung Blood
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian Not worth it to integrate just a detector without jammers? Did you install yourself?

    No, I did not install it myself.

    Might as well, just get it all.
    Buuuuut...
    You can add the laser jammers and shit later on as well.

    The stealth install required taking the dash apart. That’s why I didn’t do it myself, cause if something breaks, it’s replaced by them, not you.
  10. #10
    Originally posted by lllll No, I did not install it myself.

    Might as well, just get it all.
    Buuuuut…
    You can add the laser jammers and shit later on as well.

    The stealth install required taking the dash apart. That’s why I didn’t do it myself, cause if something breaks, it’s replaced by them, not you.

    I don't drive anything fancy, the sound system in my car at this point is probably worth as much as the car itself. I just think that an integrated radar detector would be nice, as it wouldn't clutter up the interior yet still provide functionality. The diagnostic data link would also be nice since less and less cars have a temperature gauge or an oil pressure gauge.

    Not sure about the legality of jammers around these parts, I have heard stories of people getting them confiscated.
Jump to Top