User Controls

What do you think of Chuck Palahniuk?

I've read two of his novels and while he has a great sense of humor and he knows how to write a compelling story, the problem is he can only really tell ONE story.
    Cynical jerk meets damaged goods female, Chuck describes bomb recipes or whatever for a few hundred pages, cynical jerk faces impossible odds, beats the odds and gets the girl, the end. What do you think?
    Survivor was a great read next to Fight Club but all the other stuff I like to pretend he didn't write. He has some very interesting anecdotes in most books but I feel his genius creativity is wasted on some of his inane plot lines as of late. I looked him up on Amazon to see if any of his new material was worth a read till I read the synopsis and thought, "Fuck that".
    Sudo Naturally Camouflaged [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by livingelegy I've read two of his novels and while he has a great sense of humor and he knows how to write a compelling story, the problem is he can only really tell ONE story.
    Cynical jerk meets damaged goods female, Chuck describes bomb recipes or whatever for a few hundred pages, cynical jerk faces impossible odds, beats the odds and gets the girl, the end. What do you think?

That's not true, read "survivor" "snuff" anything else really. I think what happened to his father is interesting too and seeing how it impacted his writing. Great author and a reason why I wish I read more.
Jump to Top