User Controls

“Juan Carlos, that you are gay does not matter. God made you like that and loves you like this and I don’t care. The pope loves you like this. You have to be happy with who you are,” Francis reportedly told Mr Cruz.

“Juan Carlos, that you are gay does not matter. God made you like that and loves you like this and I don’t care. The pope loves you like this. You have to be happy with who you are,” Francis reportedly told Mr Cruz.
    Bugz Space Nigga
    Uhhh Is Juan Carlos the guy that brings us coffee for the Folgers dynasty
    Originally posted by Bugz Uhhh Is Juan Carlos the guy that brings us coffee for the Folgers dynasty

Racist. The Pope would not approve of such behavior. Don't you want to be a good Christian like Trump?
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by Billy teh Block Head Injected opiates while his fellow priests watched and threatened them if they told anyone

That's kinda badass to be honest.

But the rape stuffs pretty fucked though.
    Bugz Space Nigga
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace Racist. The Pope would not approve of such behavior. Don't you want to be a good Christian like Trump?

man how is that racist? I was thinking of the commercial. it was a very long time ago
    >the pope bribed the church
    Originally posted by Bugz man how is that racist? I was thinking of the commercial. it was a very long time ago

It was probably a racist commercial.
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace >the pope bribed the church

I think they've been doing that since the dawn of Christianity.

For the right price you can buy an indulgence, which is basically a get-out-of-jail-free card.

You get a better seat in heaven and your sins are stricken from the record.

Not a bad deal if you can afford it.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Omne datum optimum
    Originally posted by gadzooks I think they've been doing that since the dawn of Christianity.

For the right price you can buy an indulgence, which is basically a get-out-of-jail-free card.

How? The Pope isn't rich. Their money is the Vatican's money.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by gadzooks I think they've been doing that since the dawn of Christianity.

Indulgences have always been a thing, but they don't/didn't usually involve an exchange of money. When you go to confession and the priest tells you to say 3 "Hail Mary"s, that is also an indulgence (and for the most part, how the idea is intended to be used). I'm pretty sure anyway. >_>

It's not like the Church has, from day one, been in the business of accepting gold for absolution (at least not in such a direct fashion).
    Splam African Astronaut
    Wonder why America was so well off in the 50's? Operation Wetback,

Those are deportations and returns of illegal Mexicans by year. Notice how in 1954 over a million were rounded up and sent the fuck back.

May Trump initiate operation wetback 2.
    Splam African Astronaut
    Here's your Mexicans in cages. On trucks. As they should be. On their way back to the Mexican border.
    WellHung Black Hole
    juan carlos seems like a nice name.
    Bugz Space Nigga
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace It was probably a racist commercial.

Or a commercial to help keep Jobs in Colombia going. Stop thinking negative my man. Who doesn't love Coffee.

found. It was Valdez.

Splam African Astronaut
    Bugz Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Billy teh Block Head I miss the good old days in the crusade when the church invaded an entire nation just to loot the valuables and they did it in the name of God.

Because fuck those Muslims they aren't Christian so lets take all their shit. Because God.

They tried to invade Ireland and got their asses smashed. Short Irish Men sent them screaming back to their Iceland and Norway.

I'm part Norwegian too
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace How? The Pope isn't rich. Their money is the Vatican's money.

Originally posted by Meikai Indulgences have always been a thing, but they don't/didn't usually involve an exchange of money. When you go to confession and the priest tells you to say 3 "Hail Mary"s, that is also an indulgence (and for the most part, how the idea is intended to be used). I'm pretty sure anyway. >_>

It's not like the Church has, from day one, been in the business of accepting gold for absolution (at least not in such a direct fashion).

I might have used the wrong word... maybe tithes is better?

But they actually did this stuff all the time (money ==> absolution) back around the middle ages as a way of increasing the Catholic church's wealth and therefore power.

The church was essentially a global power force literally bent on world domination.

Nowadays, the church's political power has significantly less reach than it once had.
    Actually, I found one source that actually does refer to them as "indulgences":

Perhaps the most famous instance of medieval church profiteering was the sale of indulgences, papers which declared absolution from sins even those not yet committed.

https://www.historyhit.com/how-the-church-dominated-life-in-the-middle-ages/

I can't find the original source that I learned about this from since it was from a college class I took like 10 years ago.
    Bugz Space Nigga
    Unrelated

Jump to Top