User Controls

Fucking kill yourself, New Zealand.

arthur treacher African Astronaut
    I'm not sure if I broke the law with that title, but if I was in New Zealand, and posted that to someone, I could face three years in a New Zealand prison, getting my topknot braided by two huge maori warriors who may just try to murder each other over the right to tattoo their name and a bunch of stupid seagull shapes over every inch of my face.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/newzealand/11725668/New-Zealand-makes-internet-trolling-illegal.html

[FONT=georgia][SIZE=10px] [FONT=arial][SIZE=16px]Internet trolls face up to two years' jail in New Zealand under a controversial new law which bans “harmful digital communications”.
    And under a parallel amendment to New Zealand's Crimes Act, a person who tells another to kill themselves faces up to three years in prison.
    The law will help mitigate the harm caused by cyber-bulling and give victims a quick and effective means of redress, supporters said.
    But critics said the law harms free speech and its fine print could threaten public interest journalism in the country.
    • Online abuse: how to live a happy troll-free life on the internet
    Under the Harmful Digital Communications Act in effect from this week, anyone convicted of “causing harm by posting digital communication” faces two years in prison and a $50,000 (NZ) (£6,500) fine, while businesses face fines of up to $200,000 (NZ).
    Harmful communications can include truthful as well as false information, and “intimate visual recordings” such as nude or seminude pictures or video shared without permission.
    The bill was introduced after a public outcry over the horrific "Roast Busters” scandal, in which a group of teenage boys from Auckland was accused of sexually assaulting drunk, under age girls and boasting about the acts on social media.
    But in an editorial, New Zealand’s Dominion Post said while the law's intentions were good, it went too far and could "pick up in its drift-net the sorts of noise and criticism that make for the talk of a free society”.
    Noting it effectively bans online communications judged “indecent”, “false” or “used to harass an individual”, the Post asked if reports on political expense scandals, or cartoons that mock religious figures, may also be banned under the legislation.
    The bill passed the New Zealand parliament with an overwhelming 116 to 5 majority.
    Speaking against the bill, Greens MP Gareth Hughes said while its intent was noble, its definition of “harm" was “irresponsibly broad”, and said the law could damage journalism in the country.
    Arguing what was not an offence offline should not be an offence online, Mr Hughes criticised the fact reporters were not exempt from the legislation, which he said may prevent them publishing online the same story about a corrupt MP which would be perfectly legal to publish in a newspaper.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Lulz

new Zealand is strange
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Fat shaming and slut shaming is apparently a bad thing now, you can go to prison for trolling online, people can call swat on you as easy as they'd like.
    Fucking good looking world we live in.
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    I swear to god I posted this in spurious generalities....what the fuck

if you get a chance, can you move this lanny? thanks and sorry
    infinityshock Black Hole
    what a bunch of whiny bitch faggot niggers

its a shame theyre not all in the US where i can continuously and fervently threaten to sexually, emotionally, verbally, and physically, abuse them

this is whats wrong with the world today...everyone is turning into a bitch
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    no problem, moved.

And yeah, that's some bullshit. When talking about new zealand politics it's important to remember their national level is like comparable to a small state. A reasonable cut of parliament are non-professional politicians. When bullshit goes down on the federal level in the US you know it's because a smart nigger is looking to fuck you over. When it happens in new zealand it usually just means some ascended hicks got confused and did something dumb.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    This is what scumbags do. When they can't shut people up, so they come up with a banner to fly under instead. The law really has nothing to do with preventing cyber bullying. We can be sure the law will be used for many things other than cyber bullying. That's how spineless cowards work.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    This is what scumbags do. When they can't shut people up, so they come up with a banner to fly under instead. The law really has nothing to do with preventing cyber bullying. We can be sure the law will be used for many things other than cyber bullying. That's how spineless cowards work.

See, this is what I was trying to say wasn't the case. It's like Kuhn's paradigms or whatever, censorship in the north american paradigm and censorship in the new zealand paradigm mean two totally different things and it seems like you're failing to appreciate the difference here.
    Michael Myers victim of incest [divide your nonresilient tucker]
    MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH, amirite guise?????
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Lol i read about this. Oh well, good thing i don't live in New Zealand.
    Lol i read about this. Oh well, good thing i don't live in New Zealand.

But you live in a country where more and more teenage girls are starting to join tumblr feminists. Fact. Every girl with non-colored hair is a tumblr person and should be ignored.
    But you live in a country where more and more teenage girls are starting to join tumblr feminists. Fact. Every girl with non-colored hair is a tumblr person and should be ignored.

Everyone is on some sort of social media these days, if you don't want to associate with anyone like that you're going to end up alone lol.
    Everyone is on some sort of social media these days, if you don't want to associate with anyone like that you're going to end up alone lol.

It's OK, the girls that go on tumblr are literally 17 years old or younger. I don't mind Facebook. Twitter is starting to become tumblr-ish. If anyone says they browse tumblr, I'ma tell them to fuck off since they will make a big deal out of anything.
    It's OK, the girls that go on tumblr are literally 17 years old or younger. I don't mind Facebook. Twitter is starting to become tumblr-ish. If anyone says they browse tumblr, I'ma tell them to fuck off since they will make a big deal out of anything.

I have a fake facebook profile and a twitter account under an alias which i use to keep up with some of the alt media and some tech stuff. I don't use tumblr so idk what that's all about.
    I have a fake facebook profile and a twitter account under an alias which i use to keep up with some of the alt media and some tech stuff. I don't use tumblr so idk what that's all about.

Tumblr is filled with SJWs. If you call someone fat for instance, you'll get a bunch of teenagers/early adults telling you to stop "fat shaming" (they love using made-up terms). If you call someone an autist, people you don't know will come and say how bad you are and that you shouldn't use it, but aggressively, in a hilarious way. Feminism wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't about growing out your armpit hair and coloring it and wanting other people to do the same thing. That sort of stuff, all comes from tumblr.
    Tumblr is filled with SJWs. If you call someone fat for instance, you'll get a bunch of teenagers/early adults telling you to stop "fat shaming" (they love using made-up terms). If you call someone an autist, people you don't know will come and say how bad you are and that you shouldn't use it, but aggressively, in a hilarious way. Feminism wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't about growing out your armpit hair and coloring it and wanting other people to do the same thing. That sort of stuff, all comes from tumblr.

Sounds gay as fuck.
    Sounds gay as fuck.

Exactly. This is also a classic tumblr post, however as you can clearly see, this guy is just exaggerating, but it hits the nail on the head. http://niggasin.space/forum/help-and-suggestions/6039-gender-in-user-profile
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I have a real FB that I just use for the chat and a twitter I signed up for when I was testing a twitter data analysis program I was working on but I admit that it was addicting enough that that little interaction was enough to get me to come back now and then to see updates from bands/tech-folk I follow. I've never browsed tumblr proper but in moments of weakness I look through TumblrInAction. I hate the community because it's mostly angsty as fuck MRAs but there is some funny stuff.
    Lol @ Myers. Also:

I have a real FB that I just use for the chat and a twitter I signed up for when I was testing a twitter data analysis program I was working on but I admit that it was addicting enough that that little interaction was enough to get me to come back now and then to see updates from bands/tech-folk I follow. I've never browsed tumblr proper but in moments of weakness I look through TumblrInAction. I hate the community because it's mostly angsty as fuck MRAs but there is some funny stuff.

Yeah man twitter is pretty fun, they have direct messages these days as well, so you can directly talk to some of the people you're following or are following you. It's a great way of keeping up with people that have the same interests as you and like i said world events. Since i'm following several alt media people as well.
    Twitter is OK, I had one since 2009. And then in 2011/2012/early 2013 a lot of people I knew in real life used it, mostly kids from high school... those days were fun. Now they all left and it's like I'm the only one. Meh. I still use Twitter to interact with people though.
Jump to Top