User Controls

Any cheap rice recipes?

I have no money but lots of rice and random pantry stuff.

So far I have came up with rice and black bean salad. Anyone got any cheap rice dishes to share?

Grylls Cum Looking Faggot [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    SHALL I ASK MY FAKE CHINESE GURLFRIEND
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Step 1: boil rice.
    Step 2: consume.
    Originally posted by Grylls SHALL I ASK MY FAKE CHINESE GURLFRIEND

yeah dude, she is lower class poor trying to green card her way into your heart so I bet she knows all kinds of rural chinese cheap rice dishes made with gutter oil and strange herbs. send em my way <3

Originally posted by gadzooks Step 1: boil rice.
    Step 2: consume.

Yeap, thats good too. I am not a huge fan of MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING sauce so I just add a bunch of salt and eat it like dat. But I enjoy cooking on a budget trying to stretch as much flavor as I can with minimal effort and cost.
    We got a good cheap pasta recipe where its just basil and butter with spaghetti noodles and its damn delicious. Uses a lot of butter though (aka cheap margarine)

fucking black bean rice salad this is the same thing but better

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood yeah dude, she is lower class poor trying to green card her way into your heart so I bet she knows all kinds of rural chinese cheap rice dishes made with gutter oil and strange herbs. send em my way <3

Yeap, thats good too. I am not a huge fan of MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING sauce so I just add a bunch of salt and eat it like dat. But I enjoy cooking on a budget trying to stretch as much flavor as I can with minimal effort and cost.
    We got a good cheap pasta recipe where its just basil and butter with spaghetti noodles and its damn delicious. Uses a lot of butter though (aka cheap margarine)

fucking black bean rice salad this is the same thing but better

I would recommend starting to invest in a complete spice rack but then again it could run you a few hundred if you're aiming for comprehensiveness.

If you're short on cash, just go for the staples like salt and fat/oil.

I tend to keep things pretty simple myself, so I'll throw some salt and pepper on my rice, maybe some olive oil if I've got my wok out.

But then I usually add some kind of sweet sauce. There's this red sweet sauce and I literally don't even know what's it called but I often throw that into my rice.

They sell multiple brands of it at superstore and other grocery stories.

Shit it's legit bugging me now that I can't remember what it's called.
    Yeah i'm a good Canadian prarie boy so I always have margarine and canola oil on hand. I should probably use olive oil instead.

I have a lot of cool spices, just out of paprika atm. I have a big bag of sesame seeds that I don't use very often, maybe there's something I can do with toasted sesame seeds and rice

stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Cook up a small (1/2 cup) portion of rice.

Dice and cook whatever veggies you have.

Combine with rice and place on tortillas.

Flavor with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cheese, sour cream, mustard, etc. or not (as desired and available).

Roll up (nuke if desired) and eat.

Small cut up cooked pieces of beef, chicken or pork may be added.
    Originally posted by stl1 Dice and cook whatever veggies you have.

Can you even dice and cook beans lol

stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Whatever you like.

It's a good thing to make when your veggies are about to expire.

Think egg roll.
    All I have is shitty frozen beans. Whenever I make stir fry I buy new veggies because these seem pretty trash for making stir fry. I just looked up what edamames are though, apparently they eat them in Japan.

POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    if what u say is true you havent enough money to splerge so I suggest you try a little of everything you have in the house'

Ive used butter salt n peppa

katsup, with mayo, honey mustard, Doritos crunched up and let sit in rice for a few then stur it up,, just don't try the mud on ur turtle
    Ebola is a motherfucker.

oh mix it in the little mac n cheese cups,, or just steel the cheese packet and use it
    Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    Cool and mix with mayonnaise and canned tuna and sweetcorn for a yummy salady gloop.

Do you make curry sauce? It's easy and cheap, all you need are onions and curry powder and water. Slice and fry the onions, then blend with water and curry powder. Onions are a very cheap and nutritious vegetable.

You can also add frozen peas to the rice as it's cooking to save on a pot, or add dried herbs to the rice for flavour.

Turmeric makes a nice garnish on rice, just sprinkle some on top, like pepper.
    ORACLE Naturally Camouflaged
    Egg fried rice is always a goodie
    STER0S Space Nigga [the disappointingly unanticipated slab]
    avocado mashed up with white rice is always good
    rice + salted fish / soisauce.
    rice + fermented beancurd
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I am gonna buy ingredients today
Jump to Top