User Controls

Poll: Yes or No?

  • No
    43.8%
  • Yes
    56.3%

Universal Health Care

  1. #1
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Do people who get sick and cannot afford treatment deserve to die?
  2. #2
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Just you.
  3. #3
    Don't get sick. I don't like being forced to pay for something I'm not using. I understand I will need it someday but I don't need it now.
  4. #4
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Obbe Do people who get sick and cannot afford treatment deserve to die?

    Do people who spend 8 years becoming doctors deserve to be told who they have to give their services to for free?
  5. #5
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Do people who spend 8 years becoming doctors deserve to be told who they have to give their services to for free?

    Canada has universal healthcare and the doctors still get paid, none of it is "free".
  6. #6
    Sudo Naturally Camouflaged [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Dis Ninja from da land o BIG DICK SWANGIN TOMMY DOUGS is onto something

    There is literally no reason to not have universal health care, americans are just stupid victimy cucks. Its basically the most important aspect of the social contract with your government. I dont give a fuck about roads, I can lay asphalt myself but I cant do a triple bypass.

    The fact its still debated by americans is proof they are stupider and more morally bankrupt than most other nations
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  7. #7
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Obbe Canada has universal healthcare and the doctors still get paid, none of it is "free".

    The doctors get paid what the government decides they get paid. Do you want the government to tell you how much you should be permitted to earn?
  8. #8
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker The doctors get paid what the government decides they get paid. Do you want the government to tell you how much you should be permitted to earn?

    Wrong, doctors form an association which organizes a fee schedule both the government and the doctors can agree to.
  9. #9
    mmQ victim of incest
    If it's concluded that free healthcare should be a basic human right, should not also welfare be a basic human right, and even more so than healthcare? As in, if every single person deserves free health services, why shouldn't every person deserve free food/water/shelter services, regardless of their employment status or value to the world.
  10. #10
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Obbe Wrong, doctors form an association which organizes a fee schedule both the government and the doctors can agree to.

    Wrong, the doctors were forced by law to form an association and allow that body to negotiate with the government for the best price the government would allow. But you didn't answer my question.


    Do you want the government to tell you how much you can earn for your services?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  11. #11
    Kev African Astronaut
    Originally posted by mmQ If it's concluded that free healthcare should be a basic human right, should not also welfare be a basic human right, and even more so than healthcare? As in, if every single person deserves free health services, why shouldn't every person deserve free food/water/shelter services, regardless of their employment status or value to the world.

    thats called UBI. what standard are you using to draw the line on what should and shouldnt be a human right? the slippery slope you bitch about can go the other direction too. why dont we just abolish civilization and human rights altogether?
  12. #12
    netstat Houston
    like others have said it's the most basic tenet of modern civilisation and the debate only exists in burgerstan because large parts of that shithole are decades behind in moral philosophical development and still romanticise survival by tooth and claw
  13. #13
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Wrong, the doctors were forced by law to form an association and allow that body to negotiate with the government for the best price the government would allow. But you didn't answer my question.


    Do you want the government to tell you how much you can earn for your services?

    If the government is paying doctors taxpayer money to provide their services, I don't want doctors charging taxpayers out the ass. That is why an association works with the government to work out fair prices.

    Doctors are very fairly compensated.

    Yes, I want the government to mandate at least a minimum wage.
  14. #14
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Obbe If the government is paying doctors taxpayer money to provide their services, I don't want doctors charging taxpayers out the ass. That is why an association works with the government to work out fair prices.

    Doctors are very fairly compensated.

    Yes, I want the government to mandate at least a minimum wage.

    I didn't ask you if you wanted the governement to guarantee you a certain wage. I asked you if you wanted the governemt too set a limit on what you can earn for your services. So answer the question.
  15. #15
    ORACLE Space Nigga
    Yes, but not because it's a matter of "deserving" healthcare. I don't give a fuck if you deserve or don't deserve whatever. But the way it is currently handled is literally some borderline third world shit that should not be happening in supposedly 1st world America in 2020.

    I remember hearing a long time ago about some wood shop worker who had an accident with a saw that cut 2 fingers, and the hospital essentially told him "pick one to keep" because he was uninsured so he couldn't afford to keep both.

    That's fucked up. If there's a human being who knows how to stitch fingers around and I lose 2 fingers, the only barrier to solving this problem is Jéw gold... that's an artificial problem right there.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  16. #16
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Originally posted by ORACLE Yes, but not because it's a matter of "deserving" healthcare. I don't give a fuck if you deserve or don't deserve whatever. But the way it is currently handled is literally some borderline third world shit that should not be happening in supposedly 1st world America in 2020.

    I remember hearing a long time ago about some wood shop worker who had an accident with a saw that cut 2 fingers, and the hospital essentially told him "pick one to keep" because he was uninsured so he couldn't afford to keep both.

    That's fucked up. If there's a human being who knows how to stitch fingers around and I lose 2 fingers, the only barrier to solving this problem is jedi gold… that's an artificial problem right there.

    So where did you hear this? Because that would be against the law for a hsopital to do in the US.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  17. #17
    ORACLE Space Nigga
    Originally posted by mmQ If it's concluded that free healthcare should be a basic human right, should not also welfare be a basic human right, and even more so than healthcare? As in, if every single person deserves free health services, why shouldn't every person deserve free food/water/shelter services, regardless of their employment status or value to the world.

    This one also isn't a matter of "deserve". America should simply be embarrassed that someone can die of starvation in its streets or have no roof over their head in its borders, the same way America would be embarrassed with pothole riddled highways. Thank the federal government for that one thing we got super right.
  18. #18
    ORACLE Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker So where did you hear this? Because that would be against the law for a hsopital to do in the US.

    From a friend. I just googled it and apparently it's from the documentary Sicko

  19. #19
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker I didn't ask you if you wanted the governement to guarantee you a certain wage. I asked you if you wanted the governemt too set a limit on what you can earn for your services. So answer the question.

    They don't set a limit... Doctors can see as many patients as they want to in a day. They do set a limit on how much a doctor can bill per patient, which I am fine with because they shouldn't get to decide to bill 50 dollars for tim but only 5 dollars for rick.
  20. #20
    rabbitweed African Astronaut
    IDK. Some systems work well, others not so well.

    The idea of the US federal government implementing a universal healthcare system is fairly comical.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top