User Controls

Planet of the Humans

  1. #1
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]


    New Michael Moore documentary.
  2. #2
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Michael Moore presents Planet of the Humans, a documentary that dares to say what no one else will this Earth Day — that we are losing the battle to stop climate change on planet earth because we are following leaders who have taken us down the wrong road — selling out the green movement to wealthy interests and corporate America. This film is the wake-up call to the reality we are afraid to face: that in the midst of a human-caused extinction event, the environmental movement’s answer is to push for techno-fixes and band-aids. It’s too little, too late.

    Removed from the debate is the only thing that MIGHT save us: getting a grip on our out-of-control human presence and consumption. Why is this not THE issue? Because that would be bad for profits, bad for business. Have we environmentalists fallen for illusions, “green” illusions, that are anything but green, because we’re scared that this is the end—and we’ve pinned all our hopes on biomass, wind turbines, and electric cars?

    No amount of batteries are going to save us, warns director Jeff Gibbs (lifelong environmentalist and co-producer of “Fahrenheit 9/11” and “Bowling for Columbine”). This urgent, must-see movie, a full-frontal assault on our sacred cows, is guaranteed to generate anger, debate, and, hopefully, a willingness to see our survival in a new way—before it’s too late.
  3. #3
    tee hee hee Space Nigga [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Is mikey still hugely obese? How much food (and the plastic/packagings it all comes in) does it take to feed that body?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  4. #4
    Originally posted by Obbe Michael Moore presents Planet of the Humans, a documentary that dares to say what no one else will this Earth Day — that we are losing the battle to stop climate change on planet earth because we are following leaders who have taken us down the wrong road — selling out the green movement to wealthy interests and corporate America. This film is the wake-up call to the reality we are afraid to face: that in the midst of a human-caused extinction event, the environmental movement’s answer is to push for techno-fixes and band-aids. It’s too little, too late.

    Removed from the debate is the only thing that MIGHT save us: getting a grip on our out-of-control human presence and consumption. Why is this not THE issue? Because that would be bad for profits, bad for business. Have we environmentalists fallen for illusions, “green” illusions, that are anything but green, because we’re scared that this is the end—and we’ve pinned all our hopes on biomass, wind turbines, and electric cars?

    No amount of batteries are going to save us, warns director Jeff Gibbs (lifelong environmentalist and co-producer of “Fahrenheit 9/11” and “Bowling for Columbine”). This urgent, must-see movie, a full-frontal assault on our sacred cows, is guaranteed to generate anger, debate, and, hopefully, a willingness to see our survival in a new way—before it’s too late.

    michael moores documentaries are mostly retarded, over dramatized and under factualized, shallow, and was written to appeal to those with double digit IQs in mind.

    if his documemtaries appeal to you, then you are his target audience.
  5. #5
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by tee hee hee Is mikey still hugely obese? How much food (and the plastic/packagings it all comes in) does it take to feed that body?

    Michael "The Manbeast" Moore
  6. #6
    Cathay Coof African Astronaut [the ariled affirmatory basinet]
    I'm pretty sure the conclusion is that climate change is Donald Trump's fault.
  7. #7
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    I haven't finished it yet, but he is basically talking about how Green Energy is a scam, saying none of it will work out, and that the real problem is that there are just too many people on our planet.

    And holy shit you people are quick to jump to conclusions.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  8. #8
    Originally posted by Obbe I haven't finished it yet, but he is basically talking about how Green Energy is a scam, saying none of it will work out, and that the real problem is that there are just too many people on our planet.

    And holy shit you people are quick to jump to conclusions.

    finish it then come back to us.
  9. #9
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny finish it then come back to us.

    Al Gore pretended to care about the rainforest while lobbying for the sugar cane companies which destroy it.
  10. #10
    Cathay Coof African Astronaut [the ariled affirmatory basinet]
    Originally posted by Obbe Al Gore pretended to care about the rainforest while lobbying for the sugar cane companies which destroy it.

    The whole climate change movement seems filled with people like this - evil people who want signal how good they are. Most people sense this on a basic level.
  11. #11
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Cathay Coof The whole climate change movement seems filled with people like this - evil people who want signal how good they are. Most people sense this on a basic level.

    Most "green energy" used right now isn't solar or wind, it's the burning of "biomass" which is mostly just trees, labelled as "green" because technically it is renewable (even though if we burned every tree in america all power produced would be consumed in a year, and trees take 20 years to grow back) and these plants still burn natural gas, still use fossil fuels.
  12. #12
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Unless I missed it Trump was not mentioned in this documentary. Lots of blame laid on the Koch brothers, capitalism, and that there are too many humans on the planet, our finite resources cannot sustain infinite growth.
  13. #13
    Originally posted by Cathay Coof The whole climate change movement seems filled with people like this - evil people who want signal how good they are. Most people sense this on a basic level.

    the whole thing was cooked up to shift the power and control from the old capital, big oils and banks, to new capitals, the green companies.

    same thing happened when they shifted the old power from the rails towards car manufacturers and big oils at the turn of the last century.

    most people who support these things are just dumb betas who just want to belong, to be a cog of some big and powerful machine.
  14. #14
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny the whole thing was cooked up to shift the power and control from the old capital, big oils and banks, to new capitals, the green companies.

    Same people at the top. This whole "biomass" thing is just old logging companies.
  15. #15
    Originally posted by Obbe Unless I missed it Trump was not mentioned in this documentary. Lots of blame laid on the Koch brothers, capitalism, and that there are too many humans on the planet, our finite resources cannot sustain infinite growth.

    just as i thought, utter retardation.

    blaming over population is retarded. the real problem as always is distribution.

    just like income inequalities are caused by poor income distribution, resources inequality are due to poor resources distribution.

    all the foods and drinks that the first world throw out due to a variety of reasons can feed all the third world a few times over.

    first world consumers are the problem.

    the audiences are the problem.
  16. #16
    Originally posted by Obbe Same people at the top. This whole "biomass" thing is just old logging companies.

    no such thing. this is the first time i heard energy comes from biomass.
  17. #17
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny no such thing. this is the first time i heard energy comes from biomass.

    60% of the "green energy" in Germany is produced from burning biomass.
  18. #18
    Originally posted by Obbe 60% of the "green energy" in Germany is produced from burning biomass.

    garbagges. 60% of germanys energy comes from burning garbbages, of which mostly are plastics and other processed hydrocarbons.

    nobody really knows the real percentage of biomasses in those garbagges.
  19. #19
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny garbagges. 60% of germanys energy comes from burning garbbages, of which mostly are plastics and other processed hydrocarbons.

    nobody really knows the real percentage of biomasses in those garbagges.

    I don't know that burning garbage is better than burning trees.
  20. #20
    Originally posted by Obbe I don't know that burning garbage is better than burning trees.

    it is if your burning trees that died millions of years ago and became black solids they call coals today.
Jump to Top