User Controls

what do you need to work with shotcrete

Industrial Houston
    google research isn't helping, so far i get it's a pressurized system with either a wet or dry mix and application gun
    beyond that, i don't get any of it, especially where to get the shit
    anyone have experience with it?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    "Wet-mix shotcrete involves pumping of a previously prepared concrete, typically ready-mixed concrete, to the nozzle. Compressed air is introduced at the nozzle to impel the mixture onto the receiving surface." skimming over wikipedia it looks like it's just regular premixed concrete shot out of a hose unless you're looking for special high-performance formulae
    infinityshock Black Hole
    about $30k for a used low end pump

its not something that someone who needs to ask that question should be doing.

essentially a regular concrete truck pours small-aggregate concrete into a pump which pushes it through hoses then finally blows it out of the end of the hose using compressed air.

the hoses are under massive pressure and i have seen all kinds of 'incidents' involving catastrophic...and entertaining...failures

the 'dry' stuff (all concrete is wet...without water it isnt concrete) is most likely something called 'gunite' which is basically sand/large sand and portland cement with a tiny bit of water. it is shit, garbage, crap, and virtually useless for anything that anyone wants to not be shit.

why are you asking about it?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I know next to nothing regarding this subject but I didn't have trouble finding hundreds of sites on google. How about this one: http://www.concreteconstruction.net/shotcrete/shotcrete-101.aspx
    Industrial Houston
    thank you my dudes, i have around 0 comprehensive ability
Jump to Top