User Controls

I have $60k+ in investments/savings

  1. #1
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    There are some issues though.

    $10k is in gift cards that loses to inflation.

    I am matching cash accounts with precious metals.

    A large fraction is in crypto-currencies.

    I have no 401k/Pension or any retirement accounts.

    On the good side, I have no debt, good health, and a job.

    What should I do now?
  2. #2
    Erekshun African Astronaut
    Get a job.
  3. #3
    Open up a couple credit cards you idiot.
  4. #4
    blow it all by flying us out to hawaii for an NIS official meetup
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  5. #5
    Erekshun African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Daddyissues Open up a couple credit cards you idiot.

    Sorry, bad idea! But I would still marry you.
  6. #6
    Originally posted by Erekshun Sorry, bad idea! But I would still marry you.

    The bad idea would be marrying your ass. Gtfo my posts.
  7. #7
    Erekshun African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Daddyissues The bad idea would be marrying your ass. Gtfo my posts.

    Umm, this isn't your posts so kindly fuck off nigga
  8. #8
    Originally posted by Erekshun Umm, this isn't your posts so kindly fuck off nigga

    You quoted me and replied you GOON... so it was my post.

    :)
  9. #9
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    pretty sure dI would marry me over any of you other nigga's
  10. #10
    Erekshun African Astronaut
    No but suck my dick and you will be forgiven.
  11. #11
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    So just keep it up?
  12. #12
    larrylegend8383 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Daddyissues The bad idea would be marrying your ass. Gtfo my posts.

    LOLzzz
  13. #13
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by SBTlauien So just keep it up?

    What kind of things can you buy with those gift cards that would hedge against inflation? Also, convert most of your fiat into precious metals, nigga.
  14. #14
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sophie What kind of things can you buy with those gift cards that would hedge against inflation? Also, convert most of your fiat into precious metals, nigga.

    Electronics and clothing. J/K. I really only have them so that I can go out without using my taxed funds. Those funds go into my cash accounts.

    I'm 50/50 cash/metals. But I have most in silver and only silver and gold. I think I'll get some platinum and palladium.
  15. #15
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Electronics and clothing. J/K. I really only have them so that I can go out without using my taxed funds. Those funds go into my cash accounts.

    I'm 50/50 cash/metals. But I have most in silver and only silver and gold. I think I'll get some platinum and palladium.

    I see, silver and gold are good investments though, even though silver prices are a bit more volatile than those of gold. How a nigga live. It really would depend on what you want to do with your wealth.
  16. #16
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Precious metals are losers over the long term and crypto-currencies are pure speculation with no backing. Why not equities? Vanguard Total Stock Market Index is up 21.41% YTD. At the very least, at least open up a 401(k) and/or IRA (preferably Roth) to get some tax advantages, especially if you have any kind of dividend yield (those get taxed same year as ordinary income).
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  17. #17
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Originally posted by Ajax Precious metals are losers over the long term and crypto-currencies are pure speculation with no backing. Why not equities? Vanguard Total Stock Market Index is up 21.41% YTD. At the very least, at least open up a 401(k) and/or IRA (preferably Roth) to get some tax advantages, especially if you have any kind of dividend yield (those get taxed same year as ordinary income).

  18. #18
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Ajax Precious metals are losers over the long term and crypto-currencies are pure speculation with no backing. Why not equities? Vanguard Total Stock Market Index is up 21.41% YTD. At the very least, at least open up a 401(k) and/or IRA (preferably Roth) to get some tax advantages, especially if you have any kind of dividend yield (those get taxed same year as ordinary income).

    At the end of this year, I'm planning on starting a 401k and dumping 14% of my income with a 6% match from my employer, so 20% in total. Starting next year, I'm going to start a brokage account with stocks and bonds.

    This way Ill have cash, stocks, bonds, cryptos, precious metals, and a retirement account. I'm not sure what else to do aside from possibly buying land and farming it.

    I just want to be on track for retirement by age 40.

    Edit: strange how a couple of years ago I was working in retail and only had about $3k in a checking account and about $6k in precious metals, no other accounts or investments. I also have a bunch of new stuff and have been going out way more...
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  19. #19
    DietPiano Naturally Camouflaged [awhile colour my acaridiasis]
    Originally posted by SBTlauien At the end of this year, I'm planning on starting a 401k and dumping 14% of my income with a 6% match from my employer, so 20% in total. Starting next year, I'm going to start a brokage account with stocks and bonds.

    This way Ill have cash, stocks, bonds, cryptos, precious metals, and a retirement account. I'm not sure what else to do aside from possibly buying land and farming it.

    I just want to be on track for retirement by age 40.

    Edit: strange how a couple of years ago I was working in retail and only had about $3k in a checking account and about $6k in precious metals, no other accounts or investments. I also have a bunch of new stuff and have been going out way more…

    Damn son, if I had gone ahead keeping my crypto instead of buying heroin I would have a conservative $250-300k. Good for you!

    Open Roth, put at least 10-15k in Vanguard S&P 500 ETF in a ROTH and then you can play with individual stocks, but be careful because just because you like a stock does not mean it is a good time to buy, as it could be overvalued or have negative sentiment or too high expectations on it.

    Don't go too heavy in metals unless you smell impending doom all over. Land or real estate is not a bad idea either, especially stuff you can rent (not housing preferably, renting to people can be horrible with time and shitty people).
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  20. #20
    Sudo African Astronaut [my hereto riemannian peach]
    I have a pretty solid yu gi oh cards,bey blades and Pog portfolio
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top