User Controls

Woke up to my parents swearing at each other.

Today I was going to start over a new leaf. The night before I went to bed really early, because I was still fucked from the night out before that.

I figured, since I'd be going to bed early, I could wake up early and actually go to the gym again and start eating right, etc.

So I wake up early... but outside my room my parents are swearing at each other, threatening divorce, and calling me a failure (well my dad calling me a failure, and my mom defending me lol).

I'm thinking... fucking shit. There is no way in fucking hell I am going out there. I'm just gonna lye here until they stop or leave.

But it keeps going for like 3 hours.

Eventually I wake up at 3 PM in the afternoon and I've wasted the whole day.

Fuck.
    You should've yelled, "HEY, BE QUIET OUT THERE! I'M TRYING TO MASTURBATE!!!"
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    well, that brings back memories. thanks fucker.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Why are you living with your parents at the ripe old age of 25?
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    First it was funny because of his age and it being Enter. Staying in his bedroom for hours because his parents were arguing.

well, that brings back memories. thanks fucker.

Then I read this and felt sad. Of course I'm far worse.
    Why are you living with your parents at the ripe old age of 25?

Did you get that term from that zoklet predictions vocaroo?

Trust me, I want to move out, but my parents won't let me until I get a job that can actually support myself.
    It's not that uncommon, depending on where you live. Particularly with the prospects for college graduates (unemployment, cost of living, income), debt, and mainly the massive surge in housing prices. Lower among the college educated, though, but higher in males.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2016/05/24/for-first-time-in-modern-era-living-with-parents-edges-out-other-living-arrangements-for-18-to-34-year-olds/

The first is the postponement of, if not retreat from, marriage. The median age of first marriage has risen steadily for decades. In addition, a growing share of young adults may be eschewing marriage altogether. A previous Pew Research Center analysis projected that as many as one-in-four of today’s young adults may never marry. While cohabitation has been on the rise, the overall share of young adults either married or living with an unmarried partner has substantially fallen since 1990.

Yeah! *high five*. It has horrific effects, for certain types, people like me, and I strongly suspect there's a kind of biological trigger that makes women far more likely to develop a desire for children. Something I recall is that data from Pew or the General Social Survey(GSS) (I believe Rasmussen is the final major player, but they focus mainly on public opinion) is that only about 5% of women in their 40s who were married were childless. And who knows how many of those weren't by choice or later deeply regretted it.

Ho, I really should about reading the whole thing, but will try to power thought it. Higher among the Pacific region in the US. I wonder what it is in the bay area, but affluence and higher general intelligence may counteract that, particularly with some of the top universities in the region (Stanford, UC Berkeley).

That's about it. In some Western European cultures it's actually the norm to live at home until marriage, which likely provides the greatest psychological benefit if you aren't cohabiting and serious.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    You are destroying your parents and their whole lives. I hope you are proud of yourself.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    I'm not sure which is more hilarious....living with ones parents at the age of 25...or admitting to it in public. and...post pics of your mom
    You are destroying your parents and their whole lives. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Hardly, you dumb fuck. It's not my fault -- all the blame sits on their shitty attempt at moderating my growth. When things were dwindling because the just let all my kidiot antics go unpunished, they were warned by people like daburu to show some initiative and do their jobs. Now they're left with nothing but a slobbering manchild who shit posts all day long. Argue all you want, kid, but I've been part of this household since 1989.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Trust me, I want to move out, but my parents won't let me until I get a job that can actually support myself.

I wanted to give you shit for still living with your parents but then i read this and that actually makes sense. Also, worse comes to worse, how about welfare and such? Don't need to get a job etc and you'll have some money.
    That's why divorced parents are the best, you have two places instead of one. The only thing that can go wrong is girlfriends and boyfriends.. My dads 30 year old girlfriend pissed me off so much I hated her. I'm glad my mom is DONT NEED NO MAN forever alone single just like me. I have her all to myself ;)
    Hardly, you dumb fuck. It's not my fault – all the blame sits on their shitty attempt at moderating my growth. When things were dwindling because the just let all my kidiot antics go unpunished, they were warned by people like daburu to show some initiative and do their jobs. Now they're left with nothing but a slobbering manchild who shit posts all day long. Argue all you want, kid, but I've been part of this household since 1989.

This... display... here of yours didn't frighten me in the least. Just so you know that.
    I strongly suspect there's a kind of biological trigger that makes women far more likely to develop a desire for children.

I also developed that same desire.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support

Once you're dead, your line will have died out completely.
    Living at your parents aint lame until youre 30. Thats what I have to belive anyways. :(

That's not true. Just a few days ago, I knocked up some 11yo cherokee girl in the library bathroom. My indian warrior blood now flows through her veins, as my semen did through her ovaries.

Reminds me of something I read once. If you think about it, there's an unbroken chain of people who successfully reproduced. They lived long enough to reproduce, and death rates were far far higher back then for multiple reasons, and the cycle has continued for eons until you.

If you don't have children, you'll be the first at the end of an incredible cycle.

I think of this positively, making sure my godforsaken genetic lineage ends here and spitting in the face of biology and evolution (completely vanity since they aren't conscious forces or anything).
    By killing off your line, you are killing off the work of centuries of your descendants. It's basically genetic suicide.
Jump to Top