User Controls

I think my employer is screwing us all out of overtime pay

I'm a driver, but I am NOT an Indie Contractor. I am a W2/W4 employee of the company with set schedules, benefits offered, and everything, yet they make it seem as if overtime pay doesn't exists, and I sure haven't seen a dime of it. I emailed them about it (along with a bunch of other stuff), and they completely ignored it so now I sent another much shorter one.

They got caught and nerfed in a lawsuit a while ago for stealing people's tips, so they had to cut everybody a check; but that kind of corporate culture doesn't go away without people getting fired. I was also supposed to get $100 in credit 5 ever ago, but they sent this confirmation email with 0 instructions, so I emailed them finally today and they sent me a worthless response, so I had to email again just now.

But I don't understand how a company with hundreds or thousands of employees would be able to convince everybody they aren't eligible for overtime pay if they really were, but this doesn't make sense to me how I as I regular hourly employee would not be entitled to overtime.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Keep records of everything and report them to the labor board.

They likely have a list of excuses they tell people that call them out but those don't work on the government.

Hopefully it doesn't have to come to that but some employers think they can get away with anything.
    Originally posted by DietPiano I'm a driver, but I am NOT an Indie Contractor. I am a W2/W4 employee of the company with set schedules, benefits offered, and everything, yet they make it seem as if overtime pay doesn't exists, and I sure haven't seen a dime of it. I emailed them about it (along with a bunch of other stuff), and they completely ignored it so now I sent another much shorter one.

They got caught and nerfed in a lawsuit a while ago for stealing people's tips, so they had to cut everybody a check; but that kind of corporate culture doesn't go away without people getting fired. I was also supposed to get $100 in credit 5 ever ago, but they sent this confirmation email with 0 instructions, so I emailed them finally today and they sent me a worthless response, so I had to email again just now.

But I don't understand how a company with hundreds or thousands of employees would be able to convince everybody they aren't eligible for overtime pay if they really were, but this doesn't make sense to me how I as I regular hourly employee would not be entitled to overtime.

Just report them to whatever overseeing authority is applicable in your neck of the woods.
    Japan-Is-Eternal Naturally Camouflaged
    report him to the FBI
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    typically you don't get overtime if you're on celery

sell company equipment on e ay to cover the difference... like my high school principal
    Originally posted by aldra sell company equipment on ebay to cover the difference.

Excellent advice, also train your bowels to only operate on company time as I have.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Excellent advice, also train your bowels to only operate on company time as I have.

At Sears that would be a written warning.

Possibly a discipline.
    Originally posted by Ghost At Sears that would be a written warning.

Possibly a discipline.

An ass spanking no doubt...sending the feces flying in all directions.
    ]I'm not salaried, Im hoursly
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson An ass spanking no doubt…sending the feces flying in all directions.

I used to blush when my manager yelled at me, she was sexy
    Originally posted by Ghost I used to blush when my manager yelled at me, she was sexy

and the flying feces?
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Excellent advice, also train your bowels to only operate on company time as I have.

what about your home bowl ?
    Oh, they are DEFINITELY fucking me over. There is absolutely no difference between a stub with 26 hours and 68 hours, no new lines differentiating base pay from time and a half. Because there isn't any TMK.

On the plus side, I apparently got $2.25 worth of raises in the span of a couple months for a job I've only had for like 7, so that's pretty chill.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by DietPiano Oh, they are DEFINITELY fucking me over. There is absolutely no difference between a stub with 26 hours and 68 hours, no new lines differentiating base pay from time and a half. Because there isn't any TMK.

Damn that's straight up illegal where I live
    Ok, I might be wrong and retarded. I forgot that 40 hours is for ONE week and not over 2 weeks lol, so I thought anything over 40 on my paystub needed overtime and I sent them a couple emails for stubs with like 37 and 47 to ask why one didnt qualify and now i feel dumb.

But I have a mildly hard time believing I didn't go over 40 last payperiod, I had 69 hours worked, I didnt think Theyd be split that even
    I dont work as much as I thought I do
    Originally posted by DietPiano I dont work as much as I thought I do

Originally posted by DietPiano I dont work as much as I thought I do

thats irrelevant.

people should be paid according to theor needs.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny thats irrelevant.

people should be paid according to theor needs.

What if a worker needs a young whore?
    WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    Originally posted by DietPiano Ok, I might be wrong and retarded. I forgot that 40 hours is for ONE week and not over 2 weeks lol, so I thought anything over 40 on my paystub needed overtime and I sent them a couple emails for stubs with like 37 and 47 to ask why one didnt qualify and now i feel dumb.

But I have a mildly hard time believing I didn't go over 40 last payperiod, I had 69 hours worked, I didnt think Theyd be split that even

You're always wrong, dude. Your brain is mush. That's why you can't get a job with any critical thinking involved.
Jump to Top