User Controls

going to group therapy today

i'm just gonna rock up in that bitch listening to above and beyond so loudly that nobody can hear shit for 75 minutes, tell them i want to kill myself and cut my wrists because i have panic attacks and go home. i like being places i can be antisocial and fit in
    Ghost Black Hole
    Therapy for what
    Originally posted by Ghost Therapy for what

anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, depression, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES and drug abuse. they diagnosed me with so much shit i can't even fuckin keep track
    Ghost Black Hole
    I've had all of those at one point. They made me do cognitive behavioral therapy, I like to think it helped.

I still do the breathing exercises
    Originally posted by Ghost I've had all of those at one point. They made me do cognitive behavioral therapy, I like to think it helped.

I still do the breathing exercises

breathing exercises are actually the one thing that actually helps. cbt as a whole i can see how it works, but it seems a little too much like i'm just deluding myself. also exercise has a definite tangible benefit
    What is a breathing exercise...I know there is breathing in and out...what else?
    Ghost Black Hole
    Mindfull breathing to prevent a panic attack. Instead of thinking about how to end your suffering with the closest sharp object you close your eyes and focus on specific body parts like meditation to clear your mind and calm you down and taking deep breaths because oxygen calms you down
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson What is a breathing exercise…I know there is breathing in and out…what else?

im not sure which ones exactly he is referring to but what i do is sit in the lotus position with an erect (lol) spine and close my eyes, relax every muscle in your body that you can (not the ones that are holding ur spine up obviously) and breathe in and out through your nose, concentrating on the sensation of the air entering/exiting your nose. when other thoughts come up you just notice them and go back to concentrating on your breath.

it's essentially just practice concentrating. i think it just helps your trains of thought become stronger and less susceptible to being distracted when you get pissed off or depressing thoughts or whatever. i've heard a lot of people use different variations of breathing, like "breathe in for 3 seconds, hold for 3 seconds, then breathe out for 3 seconds" over and over again but it kinda feels to me like they're just doing the same thing but imposing some arbitrary rule on it.

i like focusing directly on the breathing and if you do it long enough or with enough focus it can be interesting. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE ON HIGH DOSES OF DISSOCIATIVES.
    Originally posted by Ghost Mindfull breathing to prevent a panic attack. Instead of thinking about how to end your suffering with the closest sharp object you close your eyes and focus on specific body parts like meditation to clear your mind and calm you down and taking deep breaths because oxygen calms you down

flick your tongue against your teeth and describe the present
    I'd rather you flick your tongue against my sphincter.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I'd rather you flick your tongue against my sphincter.

id rather flick the heel of my foot against your teeth
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III id rather flick the heel of my foot against your teeth

Before or after?
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Before or after?

right before i throw you in the lake and watch you drown
    Jokes on you, I'm a strong swimmer.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Jokes on you, I'm a strong swimmer.

not with two broken legs and blood in your eyes
    I can float great too.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I can float great too.

i will kick you down until you get exhausted
    Jeez, all this hatred because I didn't wipe first...
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, depression, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES and drug abuse. they diagnosed me with so much shit i can't even fuckin keep track

im really proud of u OG. Realizing you have a problem and that you need help is extremely mature and masculine of you. It's not weak in the slightest ...no matter what anyone tells you. You will benefit from these sessions... even if it's to a small degree. And you might acquire a few friends in the process. Best wishes, my friend. Please keep us updated.👍
Jump to Top