User Controls

What is the evolutionary purpose of pubic hair?

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    We lost most of their thick body hair when we evolved to walk upright, which is more energy efficient than walking on four limbs. This meant that we could chase down our prey with endurance running. The loss of body hair was essential to this as it allowed us to sweat and cool in a way that furred animals cannot. Most mammals sweat through their feet and do the rest of their temperature regulation through breathing. Like dogs, for example.

This left only a few spots on the body where body hair was even useful. On the head it helps to protect from sun damage and rain. Our eyebrows keep the sweat from our eyes. Ass hair keeps your ass cheeks from chafing and getting infected. Armpit hair helps dissipate sweat and keep your armpit cool and clean. Body hair on men varies so widely because it doesn't really have a purpose and evolved on pure unbridled sexual preference.

But the pubes... what do the pubes do? Humans don't have sex enough for chafing to be a serious survival concern. We don't sweat a whole lot and it isn't all cramped up and humid like the armpit is where bacteria like to harbor. I've heard some people say pubic hair exists to protect our genitals, but from what? Maybe stops bugs from trying to dig up inside a vagina? Idk, but it doesn't seem like it protects against much. Other people think it's to keep the area warm, but pubic hair seems to be the same across all races? Wouldn't those in hotter climates have at least LESS pubic hair?

I'm just really concerned about pubic hair. Why does it exist?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Smell I expect,,,Animals of which we are like to sniff assholes and genitalia, the hairy bits help hold that musty goodness.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    We all are still generally hairy. It's not an evolutionary thing I think we were all hairy to begin with. Pubes or otherwise. But sure pubes tend to BUSH UP. Like armpit hair. Kinda. My armpit hair game is weak. Little tufts. Not manly at all. But my pubes go hard. I guess I don't know.
    Archer513 African Astronaut
    Stank

We release chemicals that make the opposite sex wanna fuck us
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Fucking PUBES. haha

My bff Jake got a PUBE in 4th grade he showed me in the bathroom and I was like what the heck is that and hes like I dont know.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Smell I expect,,,Animals of which we are like to sniff assholes and genitalia, the hairy bits help hold that musty goodness.

That's an excellent point, but I'm not sure how much humans rely on smell for sexual desire, even subconsciously.

IDK tho maybe there's a bunch of humans who died out because they didn't have pubes and thus never got laid.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Just remembered I forgot to shave my pubes.

FUCK!
    frala Avant garde shartist
    I don’t think evolution accounted for clothes/underwear.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    And I think we all know what it means when a man feels the need to shave his pubes.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by frala I don’t think evolution accounted for clothes/underwear.

I wonder how sexuality started . Like the first people were naked maybe (probably) and looked at each other and were like woahhhhh . Then some asshile came up and was like "yeah not good cover that" and everyone was wondering what he meant and he was like "I don't even know what I mean" and yeah. I wonder.
    Originally posted by mmQ I wonder how sexuality started . Like the first people were naked maybe (probably) and looked at each other and were like woahhhhh . Then some asshile came up and was like "yeah not good cover that" and everyone was wondering what he meant and he was like "I don't even know what I mean" and yeah. I wonder.

I wonder how many mango carts you’ve had.
    Archer513 African Astronaut
    In the darkness of the community cave

Grog knew to crawl for the fishy smell and away from the blue cheese smell..
    Originally posted by frala I don’t think evolution accounted for clothes/underwear.

Nobody even mentioned clothes/underwear. You just want to think about naked people, admit it.
    To keep away the nonces
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by frala I wonder how many mango carts you’ve had.

Man it sucks that I've lost my imagination so bad that when I wonder about things people assume I'm drunk.

Anyway I've had 3.
    Originally posted by GGG Nobody even mentioned clothes/underwear. You just want to think about naked people, admit it.

You know what. You’re right. I can’t stand the fucking thought of fully clothed people. All day I dream about pubes.

Adidap.
    the fuck is a mango cart tho
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by GGG the fuck is a mango cart tho

Mango flavoured weed oil.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by GGG the fuck is a mango cart tho

Please die?
    Originally posted by mmQ Man it sucks that I've lost my imagination so bad that when I wonder about things people assume I'm drunk.

Anyway I've had 3.

I know an inebriated mminQuisition when I see one, even if only slightly. But that’s not saying you’ve lost your imagination.
Jump to Top