User Controls

Huawei Cut Off From Intel, Google, Broadcom

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    https://www.rt.com/news/459756-google-stops-business-huawei/
    http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1150404.shtml

It'll be interesting to see how they cope. They've already set up their own chip fabrication plants so they're probably going to do the same thing as Apple and just license and fabricate CPUs and GPUs for new models, but the bigger problem will be being cut out of Google's software 'ecosystem'. Software is not China's strength, and there are few existing alternatives outside of just pouring funding into open source projects like f-droid.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Great news, as China will be forced to create a third mobile OS now.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    And yes, China traditionally sucked at software, but does it really anymore? It has a bunch of successful websites and lots of android firmwares like Xiaomi's MiUI and a bunch of XDADevelopers firmwares.

And once you can support PWAs you can pretty much ignore the app situation.
    *was supposed to be qualcomm in the OP

Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Great news, as China will be forced to create a third mobile OS now.

They're apparently still going to use Android with Google's proprietary code for the time being, so in terms of the OS itself we'll probably see an Android fork.

Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country And yes, China traditionally sucked at software, but does it really anymore? It has a bunch of successful websites and lots of android firmwares like Xiaomi's MiUI and a bunch of XDADevelopers firmwares.

I actually have no idea there. I think a big part of it is they're kept out of the software market thanks to predatory IP and patent laws, making software development not commercially viable - it's not that they're necessarily bad at it, it just hasn't been worth doing.

Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country And once you can support PWAs you can pretty much ignore the app situation.

It might be an interesting path, but I expect Apple and Google will deadlock standards to keep control over their respective app stores
    Originally posted by aldra https://www.rt.com/news/459756-google-stops-business-huawei/
    http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1150404.shtml

It'll be interesting to see how they cope. They've already set up their own chip fabrication plants so they're probably going to do the same thing as Apple and just license and fabricate CPUs and GPUs for new models, but the bigger problem will be being cut out of Google's software 'ecosystem'. Software is not China's strength, and there are few existing alternatives outside of just pouring funding into open source projects like f-droid.

baidu/tencent os will be the next big thing.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I feel like an absolute muppet for not exclusively buying rootable Android phones.

I can't even imagine buying a (Huawei) phone with such heavy restrictions built right in.

I wonder how complicated it would be to put your own custom OS on a cell phone?
    Originally posted by gadzooks I feel like an absolute muppet for not exclusively buying rootable Android phones.

I can't even imagine buying a (Huawei) phone with such heavy restrictions built right in.

I wonder how complicated it would be to put your own custom OS on a cell phone?

mine will work with project treble but im just too lazy to go about doing it,
    Jesus Christ Tuskegee Airman
    Only plebeians and NPCs use smartphones
    Well, if I get another phone it will be a Huawei on this alone

Next step: the full might of the NSA will be released upon the Huawei OS
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ Only plebeians and NPCs use smartphones

Without NPCs the actual players would just walk around an empty boring world with nothing to do

Even if you yourself weren't also an NPC
    Originally posted by Jυicebox Without NPCs the actual players would just walk around an empty boring world with nothing to do

Even if you yourself weren't also an NPC

I'm the only real player character

There can only be one truly conscious being for every given simulation
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ I'm the only real player character

There can only be one truly conscious being for every given simulation

Tell me about the progress you've made so far in the game.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Jυicebox Tell me about the progress you've made so far in the game.

I was probably the #1 Pokemon Go player in 2016
    in the whole world
    How did you play Pokemon Go without a smartphone?
    Originally posted by Jυicebox How did you play Pokemon Go without a smartphone?

When you're godlike like me you can see the pokemon in the fleshnet
    I've always wanted to go to Huawei just to see the black volcanic beaches.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    China has peaked and is in decline.
    LOL
    funny thing is i worked so hard to cut google out from my phone by rooting and installing custom roms and now new huaweis are actually going to come without it.

fuck google.

the next level of military indusstrial complex revolution will be advaced AI and everyone of you who had used google and trained it will have plenty of bloods on you're hands.

bloods. hands. you.
Jump to Top