User Controls

Digital thermostats are fucked

Ghost Black Hole
    Mine just "crashed" it won't turn on and it has no physical buttons and it's glued to the wall or some shit.

I turned the heat on really high and now it won't turn off so I opened all the windows. This is bad.
    Um just go to the breaker box and flip the breaker...women...smh as the lovely donttellem would say
    Common De-mominator African Astronaut
    Pop the front off.
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    I have smashed mine with a hammer with great satisfaction
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Um just go to the breaker box and flip the breaker…women…smh as the lovely donttellem would say

it connected to a power switch, turned it off and on and nothing happened.

Now it's raining out lol
    Originally posted by Ghost it connected to a power switch, turned it off and on and nothing happened.

Now it's raining out lol

Um again flip the breaker...you remove the electricity and the device will cease to function...unless it's got a ghost in it.
    mikeyagain African Astronaut [unalterably regard the persecutor]
    I remember this one time at, Motel 6,(seriously) the smoke alarm went off at 4 in the morning, for no reason.. Half asleep, but freaking, I ripped it out of the ceiling, and laid back down..
    macgyver would die if he were to live in this decade.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny macgyver would die if he were to live in this decade.

He'd just slap your punk ass.. Ya think??
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny macgyver would die if he were to live in this decade.

He'd create a time machine out of a washing machine motor and some 3m tape and travel back to the 80s.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson He'd create a time machine out of a washing machine motor and some 3m tape and travel back to the 80s.

modern washing machines are sealed with 0 screws and a big sticker that says 'no user or professional serviceable parts inside'.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson He'd create a time machine out of a washing machine motor and some 3m tape and travel back to the 80s.

I like the time he hooked up stereo wires, and shocked a guys heart back into beat.. Dude was gifted...
    Incognito2u African Astronaut
    The thermostat usually has a battery so turning off the power won't kill it but look for a switch next to the furnace or like Jiggaboo said trip the breaker
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny modern washing machines are sealed with 0 screws and a big sticker that says 'no user or professional serviceable parts inside'.

My washer used to lock when I pressed the start button, but Mikey don't play that, so I look at my washing clothes, anytime I please now, and add stuff as I please..
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Ghost:

That's because you're a gross, nasty little man that negates normal sex and healthy relations, for a transexual relation ship, where in which you support this man; with a hospital bill for his penis.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Take the front off the thermostat (or, on really cheap models you'll need to remove from the wall) to get to the low voltage wiring. You will normally find 4 wires color coded red, green, yellow and white. The red wire is incoming power. The green wire turns on the furnace blower at high speed (heat comes on at a lower speed through, normally these days, a circuit board at the furnace). The yellow wire turns on the outdoor A/C condensing unit. The white wire turns on the furnace. If there is a fifth wire, it will be for a neutral to power the thermostat then only using the batteries as backup. The fifth wire could also be for a reversing valve but only on a heat pump system.

Removing the white wire should stop your furnace. If not, your problem probably lies within your furnace such as a stuck gas valve although you may possibly have a short between the red and white wire somewhere. A stuck gas valve would require turning the gas supply valve off. It should be located just outside of the furnace in the incoming gas line.

The very easiest way to stop the system is to turn off the switch on the side of the furnace. It should look just like a light switch. If the gas continues to flow, you have a stuck gas valve (very rare...I can only remember finding one in my HVAC career and it was on a water heater and involved a valve that continued working with the pilot blown out).

Hope this helps! PM if need more help. If you're going to replace the thermostat, my recommendation would be a Honeywell thermostat.
    Stl1: No;

Originally posted by mashlehash Ghost:

That's because you're a gross, nasty little man that negates normal sex and healthy relations, for a transexual relation ship, where in which you support this man; with a hospital bill for his penis.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Originally posted by mashlehash Stl1: No;

Yeah, I wish I knew what I was talking about.

LOL
    No you don't. HTS has a string now.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    wtf?
Jump to Top