User Controls

Is it historically established that artists are generally progressive in their politics?

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Or is this only true in recent memory?
    “Progressive” wasn’t even a thing til like the 1960’s
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    It's just a trend.
    Was Michelangelo "progressive" when he painted the Sistine Chapel. I don't think so.
    Nor was he when he lovingly formed the cock & balls of David
    I rest my case
    Artists are eccentric, there's no denying that.
    But now that i think about it, if you're a sculptor or painter and you sculpt or paint people it's kind of important to know how anatomy works. At least the outside bits.
    Originally posted by Methuselah

That's pretty fucking badass.
    I just wonder where he got the bodies to make such detailed sketches.

Michaelangelo’s Sistine Chapel also contains an anatomically correct depiction of a human brain as well.
    Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    I suspect causation runs in reverse here - fuckwits are more likely to be artists (and suck at it).
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Originally posted by Methuselah Nor was he when he lovingly formed the cock & balls of David

Lots of old artists liked drawing cocks for some reason
    Originally posted by Number13 Lots of old artists liked drawing cocks for some reason

In ye olde times, the times of Rome, the male form was considered to be most beautiful. So much so that women resolved to bind their breasts because of it. It was a cultural thing and a pretty gay one at that which probably blew over from greece, however in ye olde times around the Renaissance, old roman/greek culture was pretty much appropriated by the people of the times. Now that i think of it, it's actually quite obvious if you look at art from the time period.
    Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    In fairness it was before anime was invented.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by Sophie Was Michelangelo "progressive" when he painted the Sistine Chapel. I don't think so.

There was nudity in it. Centuries later conservatives will feign outrage at an accidental nipple at the super bowl

Artists are progressive by nature because they're idealists and creative. All Conservatives have is Ted Nugent and Kid Rock.
    Originally posted by Sudo There was nudity in it. Centuries later conservatives will feign outrage at an accidental nipple at the super bowl

Artists are progressive by nature because they're idealists and creative. All Conservatives have is Ted Nugent and Kid Rock.

How are Muslims any better?
    Common De-mominator African Astronaut
    Not true even today.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed How are Muslims any better?

Some of the best poets (certainly some of the most influential) of the pre renaissance period were Muslim (Hafiz and Rumi being the best known). Muslims aren't known for their boundless unbridled creativity but that's also not what we're talking about at all rn
    Originally posted by Sudo Some of the best poets (certainly some of the most influential) of the pre renaissance period were Muslim (Hafiz and Rumi being the best known). Muslims aren't known for their boundless unbridled creativity but that's also not what we're talking about at all rn

You're the one who started whinging about white people.

Yeah, the rug pilots woz kangz. Well done.
Jump to Top