User Controls

4chan shutting down?

Phantasmagoria African Astronaut
    Good riddance tbh at least this will keep the newfags and normies away from the holy judeo-Japanese imageboard that started it all.
    With all that said, where to go from here?
    I don't like any of the available Chan's and the only good imageboard was iichan and now they're down too.
    So with all that said - I am going to take on the task myself of passing on imageboard culture and start one of my own.
    With that said, where do I begin?
    What web hosting site should I go with, should I use the wakaba software or is there something better, how do I approach security, how do I handle people posting cp, will the FBI ever approach me etc
    HTS highlight reel
    Whatever gave you the idea that our beloved 4chan is going down? That would truly be the end of an era.
    Soyboy IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life African Astronaut [the oppositely able-bodied hop-step-and-jump]
    We seriously should have independent clones of all these popular websites online and ready to go just in case they did.

Having said that hosting 4chan would be a PITA, I doubt AWS or any other could provider would deal with you.
    Bueno motherfucker
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life We seriously should have independent clones of all these popular websites online and ready to go just in case they did.

Having said that hosting 4chan would be a PITA, I doubt AWS or any other could provider would deal with you.

A small scale imageboard could work
    Or I could start a text board similar to 4-ch
    Something as big as 4chan would never be desired and anyways the jedis would try to control it somehow
    Bueno motherfucker
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria Good riddance tbh at least this will keep the newfags and normies away from the holy judeo-Japanese imageboard that started it all.
    With all that said, where to go from here?
    I don't like any of the available Chan's and the only good imageboard was iichan and now they're down too.
    So with all that said - I am going to take on the task myself of passing on imageboard culture and start one of my own.
    With that said, where do I begin?
    What web hosting site should I go with, should I use the wakaba software or is there something better, how do I approach security, how do I handle people posting cp, will the FBI ever approach me etc

lol ur one of the biggest chan fags here quit fronting you nit wit
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby lol ur one of the biggest chan fags here quit fronting you nit wit

You're so retarded you can't even read and understand a simple forum post
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Just invite everyone here.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria You're so retarded you can't even read and understand a simple forum post

Because I didn't read it readtard
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I will never get the value of an anonymous forum/BBS...

I have a cousin, for example, who is a 4chan regular...

And I can even see some topical similarities between your average 4chan thread/post and your average Totse/Zoklet/NiS post... To me, they're essentially the anonymous-posting version of us...

But still, what's the big deal about posting anonymously?

ESPECIALLY, come to think of it, when taking OP into consideration...

PHM... You are the literal opposite of the type that (normally) hides behind anonymity in order to let their screwed up side out...

Yet you don't... You posted a pic and everything.

I mean, like, a textbook example.

What possible benefit could a site like 4chan provide you?
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life Having said that hosting 4chan would be a PITA, I doubt AWS or any other could provider would deal with you.

Well, to be more realistic... AWS would ban someone if they posted ACTUAL cp.

But having an admin who just happens to be a (presumably, at least) non-offending pedophile really shouldn't be enough to warrant getting shut down.

I mean, that kind of censorship would make it to the supreme court (assuming PHM is American).

Now, if his plan is to actually let people post illegal material of any kind...

Your best bet is to go for hosting in a country that just DGAF about the laws of... dare I say... more civilized countries.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    set one up on tor or i2p
    Originally posted by gadzooks I will never get the value of an anonymous forum/BBS…

I have a cousin, for example, who is a 4chan regular…

And I can even see some topical similarities between your average 4chan thread/post and your average Totse/Zoklet/NiS post… To me, they're essentially the anonymous-posting version of us…

But still, what's the big deal about posting anonymously?

ESPECIALLY, come to think of it, when taking OP into consideration…

PHM… You are the literal opposite of the type that (normally) hides behind anonymity in order to let their screwed up side out…

Yet you don't… You posted a pic and everything.

I mean, like, a textbook example.

What possible benefit could a site like 4chan provide you?

I like the interface and the experience an imageboard provides
    Originally posted by aldra set one up on tor or i2p

It's not quite immediately obvious to me how one might host a website on Tor...

Aren't they fundamentally temporary networks by their very definition?

I'm by no means a network security expert, or a hacker (of any color'd hat, really), but when I think of the term "tor", I think temporary proxy.
    But the general idea of a proxied network MIGHT work...

But, the proxy has to also be protected/obscured to keep law enforcement of your back.

That's not easy to do.
    Originally posted by gadzooks It's not quite immediately obvious to me how one might host a website on Tor…

Aren't they fundamentally temporary networks by their very definition?

I'm by no means a network security expert, or a hacker (of any color'd hat, really), but when I think of the term "tor", I think temporary proxy.

you'll typically set up a webserver, but instead of accepting connections from the internet you'll accept connections from the tor service. it's free and easy to set up a .onion domain because they're assigned cryptographically, not via a central registry like DNS.

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/how-to-set-up-a-tor-hidden-service/
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria I like the interface and the experience an imageboard provides

Originally posted by anonymous
    >> be me.
    >> finding out 4chan is getting shut down.
    >> posting on a site like niggasin.space about it.
    >> trying to find a suitable replacement.
    >> finds nothing.
    >> TFW life is literally over…
    Originally posted by aldra you'll typically set up a webserver, but instead of accepting connections from the internet you'll accept connections from the tor service. it's free and easy to set up a .onion domain because they're assigned cryptographically, not via a central registry like DNS.

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/how-to-set-up-a-tor-hidden-service/

Ok yeah I get what you mean now.

But... You're basically talking about creating a deep web alternative...

I like NiS being on the so-called "surface web", to be honest.

And I have no particularly persuasive rationale for such a position...

But the deep web takes anonymity to a point that pretty much negates the whole concept of user names that 4chan is known for.

I like that I can recognize your user name and know who I'm talking to from day to day.
    Originally posted by gadzooks user names that 4chan is known for

wut
Jump to Top