User Controls

Perfectionism versus Realism...

WellHung Black Hole
    Do you have trouble settling on a comfort point along the continuum?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I am a consummate/pathological perfectionist.

I end up starting about 1000 new projects a year, and never really "finish" any of them, because I just can't establish any quantifiable "doneness" criteria.

I'm working on it though.

Btw...

Matt I think Gadzooks should be your new Daddy. He’s doing a better job raising you than your last.

Also

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by WellHung Do you have trouble settling on a comfort point along the continuum?

Also also this doesn’t exist without the assistance of medication. Otherwise a perfectionist is just constantly uncomfortable and dissatisfied.
    yea.

throughout my life i've probably had the most diversity in habits than like almost everyone else. there was a point in my life i was clean off all drugs to the point where I would not even drink coffee (this was after extensive drug use, i'm not talking about when i was like 8 years old). also spent some years in the hole of totally debilitating drug addiction/use. once i put meth in a shot of coconut water and drank it, thinking i'm pretty sure this is the first time in history someone has done this.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    No, never. If you do it might be because you aren't really meant to be perfect, but this isn't true for everybody.
    Archer513 African Astronaut
    “Good enough” 👍🏻

Move on...
Jump to Top