User Controls

Brown liquid from ephedrine extraction

gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    So, I've been trying the following extraction from ephedrine HCL pills (not psuedo), because I had a hard time finding the requisite materials for a tetra trap extraction:

https://erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/thecure.html

I got to about Step 5, but now I have a brown fluid... Is that normal?

Also, this is the filtrate:

I'm assuming that's what I dispose of, not the desired extract?
    Ghost Black Hole
    That stuff in the enhancement should be gunk/wax

What is the brown stuff is that methanol or toluene?.

If you evaporate you should get dirty pseudoephedrine and you can just recrystallize.

That guide you posted was probably written in the early 2000's so I can't say for sure how it will hold up to modern pills but the 8mg ephedrines usually aren't too gakked.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Ghost That stuff in the enhancement should be gunk/wax

What is the brown stuff is that methanol or toluene?.

If you evaporate you should get dirty pseudoephedrine and you can just recrystallize.

That guide you posted was probably written in the early 2000's so I can't say for sure how it will hold up to modern pills but the 8mg ephedrines usually aren't too gakked.

I actually used methanol first, then toluene afterwards for a second attempt at extraction (on the same pill mush that came from the methanol extraction).

Originally posted by Ghost If you evaporate you should get dirty pseudoephedrine and you can just recrystallize.

Ok cool, that is reassuring.

In terms of evaporating that brown fluid, do I just leave the jar open for a few days and let nature take it's course? or do I subject it to a direct heat source (e.g. boiling it)? Or is there another way?
    Ghost Black Hole
    I would use as little heat as possible at this point, i only like to use heat during the initial extraction, I do everything in an hour and quickly enhancement it while hot, gas it hot, enhancement again.

Then I switch to MEK dried with magnesium sulfate chilled in the freezer to wash the hot pseudo and recrystallize that for my final product.

I usually work with sudafed which has all kinds of advanced waxes in it which is why you need to run it hot so the plastics and wax stay in a 'melted' form making it get washed away through all the solvent washings while the non soluble pseudo gets cleaner and cleaner.

The method you posted isn't too different but you get better results freebasing the pills in sodium carbonate and gassing the filtrate while it's still hot to trick the waxes into not following the pseudo. It's really hard to explain but it's all about how additives in pills react in different temperatures and solvents. Gravity can also play a role in how clean your final product is which is why a fast enhancement (vacuum enhancement is best) is the way to go.

If you can't get pseudo you can just try to the run the tetra trap with Xylene and Lacquer Thinner. Ethyl Acetate is also a good solvent for eating wax and plastic too but it needs to be mixed about 10% with ethanol for best effect.

https://niggasin.space/thread/6585
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Deleted some off topic posts, thread's off to a good start, please keep it on topic.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Oh but no one was banned tho. Got it. 🙃
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    I cannot help but setting everything on top of a book with "business success" in the title's gotta be a good omen tho right??
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Seems wrong.

U might wanna read it.
    Originally posted by tee hee hee I cannot help but setting everything on top of a book with "business success" in the title's gotta be a good omen tho right??

I am a man of many talents.

I have high ambition at work.

I also like getting high at work.

It's a way of life.
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    No doubt no doubt!
Jump to Top