User Controls

Why is it offensive to say that transgenders or homosexuals have a mental disorder?

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    For those of you who don't know, I say this as a bisexual dude who went to a pride parade about a week ago. I am 100% for equal rights, and respect, and all that. But I'm also for objectivity and facts.

Truly, I don't understand how somebody can think something like depression is a mental disorder, but being a homosexual is not? I mean there are certain genes we have linked to increased chance of being homosexual. It is not normal to have these genes. Is it bad or sinful? Who cares, it's not in the normal order of things, and therefore a disorder. Typically disorders are not very good for your health, but sometimes they are benign or insignificant.

Those who vehemently believe you can switch genders, like actually just switch genders, are delusional. Physics do not work that way. Chromosomes don't work that way. You may be able to take drugs and chop and add, but ultimately you will never be the same as the gender you are seeking to be. I don't think it makes anyone less of a person, nor do I intend to make anyone feel this way, these are just the facts.

This is where the whole 'gender is a social construct' thing came from, which is total and utter bullshit. A social construct? Are you fucking kidding me? Just because the dictionary definition of 'gender' has changed over the last 20 years or so does not mean the words you use to describe things are accurate.

Again, I don't care what people actually do in practice or what they call each other, I'd just like to be rational and objective without getting called an asshole by both sides. Most of the time people just assume I'm some kind of bigot who hates fags, when I'm actually a fag who hates fags.
    Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Houston [back fudge my lingam]
    Probably because if you admit it's a disorder you need to look at a way to fix it, and all sorts of people would be opposed to that.
    Originally posted by Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Probably because if you admit it's a disorder you need to look at a way to fix it, and all sorts of people would be opposed to that.

This is a good point, but there are a plethora of other disorders (mental and physical) that are benign, and do not need to be fixed. So I can't see how anybody could argue this from a rational perspective. Just take away the stigma of the word.
    Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Houston [back fudge my lingam]
    I'm more interested in bullying those who actually deserve it, like left handed people.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    and fags
    Its not offensive. Its a law in some places;homosexuality is a mental disorder.
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    I'd totally be down for being a chick for a day just to see what its like. Really wouldn't wanna stay like it tho, but sure it'd be a cool experience to try out.

I mean I'd be hiring a whole regiment of SAS soldiers to guard my cock while I was away from it. Ya get me?

Do I have a mental disorder?

What if you could fuck a female version of yourself, but she's got the exact same face and expressions as you do. Would you still fuck? Would it make you gay?
    Err no

So you wouldn't fuck, and it wouldn't make you gay. Got it.

I'd fuck you Narc. Man or woman, I don't care.
    HTS highlight reel
    I mean, transgenders by definition are mentally ill. The whole gender related dysphoria or dysmorphia thing. 🤔

Although I guess saying that makes me truscum.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by GGG I'd fuck you Narc. Man or woman, I don't care.

No you wouldn't

Originally posted by HTS I mean, transgenders by definition are mentally ill. The whole gender related dysphoria or dysmorphia thing. 🤔

Although I guess saying that makes me truscum.

So what about homosexuals? Do you think they're mentally ill?
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    I blame the jedis.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    flaming faggotry.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by GGG So what about homosexuals? Do you think they're mentally ill?

No. Maybe? I don't think so. If you can be a perfectly happy and healthy faggot in every respect other than the fact that you crave the D, there's really nothing wrong with you. Were we to describe faggotry as a mental illness, I'm almost certain that whatever justification we used would apply more broadly than just to homosexuality. 🤔🤔🤔
    PrettyHateMachine African Astronaut
    Same reason it's "offensive" to tell a fat person they need to lose weight.
    People right now are living in a collective state of psychosis.
    In a few years homosexuality and other sexual disorders will go back to being recognized as such.
    because some people got up one day and decided they wanted to take time out of their days to be offended about it
    Mewsik African Astronaut [diagonally photosensitise my summation]
    Diis order - disc order
    Dis - order - discover order

Transgender = disorder
    Homosexuality = sexual preference

Bisexual = no sexual preference, promiscuity or Omni sexual or mental sexual or dissociative disorder
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by GGG For those of you who don't know, I say this as a bisexual dude who went to a pride parade about a week ago. I am 100% for equal rights, and respect, and all that. But I'm also for objectivity and facts.

Truly, I don't understand how somebody can think something like depression is a mental disorder, but being a homosexual is not? I mean there are certain genes we have linked to increased chance of being homosexual. It is not normal to have these genes. Is it bad or sinful? Who cares, it's not in the normal order of things, and therefore a disorder. Typically disorders are not very good for your health, but sometimes they are benign or insignificant.

"Disease" doesn't mean "not in the natural order of things". Driving cars is a lot more unnatural that homosexuality in terms of historical precedent, that doesn't make driving cars a disease.

The reason it's offensive is because it implies transsexualism or homosexuality is a condition needing treatment. It's the same reason it would be offensive if I said "being white is a disease", or "being a christian is a disease", or "having children is a disease".
Jump to Top