User Controls

2 billion active users on Facebook

Ghost Black Hole
    That's less than half the entire world population which isn't many people

Half are probably Indian Malaysians

I don't see it lasting another 10 years
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Ghost That's less than half the entire world population which isn't many people

Wasn't Freddy Mercury Indian Malaysian as well?

It shows the actor (Who is going to portray him) is from that area. Rami Malek is Indian Malaysian.

so it seems we have some decent singers both Indian and Indian Malaysian (Don't forget Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode). they make up the bulk of Facebook?

2 billion is about 1/4th of the worlds population.. not half. and Facebook is evil. stop using it. We should all get Yahoo to rebuild it's multi-media collectives again, modernize it and switch to Yahoo.

Yahoo was some amusing times? I believe this could be a true.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I ditched facebook over 10 years ago. 2007 I last had an account.

I still get emails updating me on friends' statuses though.

It's kinda scary, tbh.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Facebook, no thank you🤮
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Yahoo

keep it simple. that should be a thing.

No Data Analytics nor Mining

Yahoo
    Keep it simple! -Yahoo
    Originally posted by totse3.com Yahoo

keep it simple. that should be a thing.

No Data Analytics nor Mining

Yahoo
    Keep it simple! -Yahoo

What makes you think Yahoo isn't data mining?

Don't get me wrong, my primary e-mail account is with Yahoo, but I'm pretty sure every company bigger than a bread box is doing some data mining.

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by gadzooks What makes you think Yahoo isn't data mining?

Don't get me wrong, my primary e-mail account is with Yahoo, but I'm pretty sure every company bigger than a bread box is doing some data mining.

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.

I know eventually they would but if it were possible to NOT do it, then that was where I was going with it. it's already a name in limbo for decades. actually they did have security issues with passwords or some shit. but so many people dropped that decade or two ago, people forgot about it until Verizon tried to buy them out this past year.
    Originally posted by totse3.com I know eventually they would but if it were possible to NOT do it, then that was where I was going with it. it's already a name in limbo for decades. actually they did have security issues with passwords or some shit. but so many people dropped that decade or two ago, people forgot about it until Verizon tried to buy them out this past year.

All's I know, and I'm nowhere near as paranoid as the average conspiracy nut on this site, is that data mining is just naturally embedded in software and tech development these days.

That being said, it doesn't always have the far reaching implications that many foil-hat-wearing-types will warn you about. Google recommending certain sites over others because they are more relevant to our past searches is, in this day and age, considered a feature, not a bug.

It still freaks me our, in all honesty, but not to the point that I'm fabricating foil hats or building bunkers. At least, not quite yet.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    foil hats is when you don't question about being viewed inside your home especially after the film and papers on NSA spying through laptops and cable-tv boxes has been released as factual.

not to mention the 28 pages redacted. the human race has been forced by education, as the norm, to stare at your hand helds all day long. sadly the Indigo Generation which is probably the most advance and free thinkers of anytime in history have also become enslaved in newspeak. self promoted. A brave new world over that of 1984. selfies. selfing ones own actions to be displayed for the world to view and critique.

meanwhile, google is working on a "Real time" mapping system with drones and satellites and corner on light poles position everywhere.. updating live video feeds on a 3D mapping system for everyone to see.

this will be a weird addiction for sure. My guess is special software will detect nude bathers and license plates and face to blur out, but also use facial recognition in real time to report people on simple outstanding warrents or various other things.
    Originally posted by Ghost That's less than half the entire world population which isn't many people

Myspace is still going.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by gadzooks I ditched facebook over 10 years ago. 2007 I last had an account.

I still get emails updating me on friends' statuses though.

It's kinda scary, tbh.

That's because when you "delete" Facebook or Twitter, it's not actually deleted, just hidden from you. Those CIA shitbags never delete anything once they have it.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Oh no! @ when you "delete" Facebook or Twitter, it's not actually deleted, just hidden from you.
    Originally posted by totse3.com the human race has been forced by education, as the norm, to stare at your hand helds all day long. sadly the Indigo Generation which is probably the most advance and free thinkers of anytime in history have also become enslaved in newspeak. self promoted. A brave new world over that of 1984. selfies. selfing ones own actions to be displayed for the world to view and critique.

Hey, won't deny any of this.

You're right, we are, en masse, voluntarily bringing about our own demise, at least in terms of any semblance of privacy.

Sadly, we're all complicit (although perhaps some of us more than others).

Originally posted by -SpectraL That's because when you "delete" Facebook or Twitter, it's not actually deleted, just hidden from you. Those CIA shitbags never delete anything once they have it.

Yeap, that is true.

I've heard there's some sequence of actions you can take to "truly delete yourself" from the social media sphere. But for all we know, tha't just bullshit too. There's no regulatory commission ensuring that our private/personal info is actually being removed from any servers.
    Originally posted by tee hee hee Oh no! @ when you "delete" Facebook or Twitter, it's not actually deleted, just hidden from you.

You sound like some sort of internet expert...
    Ghost Black Hole
    All the hipsters like people in this thread hate Facebook

Thats what makes me think it's all Pakis on there. There are a lot of hipsters out there
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson You sound like some sort of internet expert…

I am. Ask me anything.
    TiGuRsTaYnK Yung Blood
    Originally posted by -SpectraL I am. Ask me anything.

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    I have one and I never update my profile or check the messages, but I do log on once a month to fight with my father's Republican friends because they're idiots and they deserve to have their arguments stomped on by someone less than half their age.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Zanick I have one and I never update my profile or check the messages, but I do log on once a month to fight with my father's Republican friends because they're idiots and they deserve to have their arguments stomped on by someone less than half their age.

your skills at 'arguing' on on par with that of a baby gerbil squealing at a full grown hungry anaconda.
    Originally posted by Ghost All the hipsters like people in this thread hate Facebook

Thats what makes me think it's all Pakis on there. There are a lot of hipsters out there

What about Paki hipsters?

Surely they must exist.
Jump to Top