User Controls

"Dude, Where's my Car, Cunts"

totse3.com Space Nigga
    They're stealing signals on keyless entry and engine starters

fucking cunts!

It’s no secret that more than ever, thieves are getting more clever. As safety technologies evolve, so do ways criminals steal from you.

One of the biggest purchases you can make in your life, outside of a home, is a vehicle. That’s why it’s important to understand new ways criminals are using technologies to steal them. What thieves are now doing is they are using a “relay attack” to break into cars.

Basically what this “relay attack” does is it hijacks the signal from a person’s key fob which allows them to open a car without the alarm going off. It also in many cases lets them start the car without having to have the actual keys in their possession.

Source
    https://gnd.com/why-authorities-warn-you-should-always-keep-your-keys-wrapped-in-foil.php?aff=1561&pclickid=4e3a0172-9d71-426d-879a-f9c3f863096f
    HTS highlight reel
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    RestStop Space Nigga
    ^But what does this have to do with Mike Pence?
    Another reason keyless start was always a bad idea

I refused to buy a new car for the longest time for these reasons but when it came time for a new vehicle all the used car places wanted "certified pre-owned" prices for shit vehicles and with how little I drive "certified pre owned" was even more of a rip off than it normally is

But eventually my unwillingness to drive with an automatic transmission combined with an average yearly mileage of 7000 miles per year made a new car the only sensible option

I'm only ever in two places. I will not have any valuables inside the car while at home and I work in a facility that makes theft of/from my vehicle without trace very unlikely
    "Certified Preowned"

"Yep here is a piece of paper saying someone else used to own it"

"Geez thanks, I'd never have known it was not a new car otherwise..."
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Jυicebox Another reason keyless start was always a bad idea

I refused to buy a new car for the longest time for these reasons but when it came time for a new vehicle all the used car places wanted "certified pre-owned" prices for shit vehicles and with how little I drive "certified pre owned" was even more of a rip off than it normally is

But eventually my unwillingness to drive with an automatic transmission combined with an average yearly mileage of 7000 miles per year made a new car the only sensible option

I'm only ever in two places. I will not have any valuables inside the car while at home and I work in a facility that makes theft of/from my vehicle without trace very unlikely

ZipCar or GetARound rentals is a better thing for you than owning.

unless you're a fully employed-yet homeless San Franciscan that is very common.. need a mobile home of some type..then yes, buy a pickup truck and throw a futon roll in the back and go to a junk yard and buy a cheap shell that matches the bed.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson "Certified Preowned"

"Yep here is a piece of paper saying someone else used to own it"

"Geez thanks, I'd never have known it was not a new car otherwise…"

totse3.com Space Nigga
    the confusion is in the title (name)

it means that the person who owned it, is certified that he/she had taken proper care of the car. with on time maintenance and oil changes. it then also means there is a new set of dealership nub tires (or fresh retreads) slapped on it, and new brakes or adjusted.

maybe a new painjob or touchup, polished with that clay wax stuff they use to make the paint look so new and some car freshener for the icky sex and drunken puke parties that prolly went on in the back seat on prom night.

that's what it means but the name is kind of confusing.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    And you guys call me archaic

this dude has been dead for a while now.. tiem to find new meme material

Item 9 African Astronaut
    The signal is probably encrypted.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    some more fun shit car dealers use: faking their own in-house records keeping

case in point...i bought a car once that had 20k miles on it then the O2 sensor shit itself. bought a new one. about 3,000mi later...O2 sensor shit itself. bought a new one. a few thousand miles later...shit itself again.

to make a long story short...i had previously found identifying info on the previous (only previous) owner and had spoken with her. after the 3rd O2 sensor shitting itself i contacted the chick who previously owned it and she said one of the reasons she traded in the car was because the O2 sensor kept going out and the dealership said it was probably the ECM that needed replacing.

none of that shit showed up on the dealership service printout that allegedly keeps a permanent record of any service work done. all they did was reset the OBD trouble code then sell it.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Originally posted by infinityshock some more fun shit car dealers use: faking their own in-house records keeping

case in point…i bought a car once that had 20k miles on it then the O2 sensor shit itself. bought a new one. about 3,000mi later…O2 sensor shit itself. bought a new one. a few thousand miles later…shit itself again.

to make a long story short…i had previously found identifying info on the previous (only previous) owner and had spoken with her. after the 3rd O2 sensor shitting itself i contacted the chick who previously owned it and she said one of the reasons she traded in the car was because the O2 sensor kept going out and the dealership said it was probably the ECM that needed replacing.

none of that shit showed up on the dealership service printout that allegedly keeps a permanent record of any service work done. all they did was reset the OBD trouble code then sell it.

LOL I worked at dealers for 33 years,They ALL SUCK some less than others but ya don't ever trust anything they say.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Just get a Faraday bag
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by AngryOnion LOL I worked at dealers for 33 years,They ALL SUCK some less than others but ya don't ever trust anything they say.

i dont

i know a chick who bought a car that they covered everything black in shoe polish. literally...shoe polish...because it was the same smell as the kind i used on my boots.
    MY CAR NOW.

Jump to Top