User Controls

welding classes

welp i'm going to welding classes now. they're free but you get a certification and they teach you hella shit and it's only 2 days a week. i was on like a little but not too much shard the first couple days but there are a bunch of fuck ups there that are on way more meth than me so i think it's cool. anyways i'm not sure what welding really is, i get that theres some sort of fuel mixed with oxygen but then wtf are the AMPERES for? hmmm?
    all the best welders i know are self taught welders.
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III welp i'm going to welding classes now. they're free but you get a certification and they teach you hella shit and it's only 2 days a week. i was on like a little but not too much shard the first couple days but there are a bunch of fuck ups there that are on way more meth than me so i think it's cool. anyways i'm not sure what welding really is, i get that theres some sort of fuel mixed with oxygen but then wtf are the AMPERES for? hmmm?

I believe that's (basically) the amount of power you're using, but I've never learned welding. I really should.

Finny should be here momentarily
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III welp i'm going to welding classes now. they're free but you get a certification and they teach you hella shit and it's only 2 days a week. i was on like a little but not too much shard the first couple days but there are a bunch of fuck ups there that are on way more meth than me so i think it's cool. anyways i'm not sure what welding really is, i get that theres some sort of fuel mixed with oxygen but then wtf are the AMPERES for? hmmm?

how do u get free welding classes?

fuel mixed with oxygen is a completely different method than electrical...MIG...TIG...etc etc. (u still need noble gasses for protection from oxidation with electrical welding the 'important' stuff...but it doesn't provide any heat ) a few years ago they changed the easy to remember tig and MIG to the wtf: GTAW and GMAW.

welding is easy...u just need to practice. I'm not as good at it as I want to be but I can make stuff stick together relatively reliably and not look completely horrible (with minimal to no grinding)
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny all the best welders i know are self taught welders.

How many welders do you know?
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson How many welders do you know?

Dang Benny, that's a lot of welders. I guess living in a 3rd world country and doing the white mans menial work for him it's not surprising though.
    Originally posted by infinityshock but I can make stuff stick together relatively reliably

anyone can do that.

Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Dang Benny, that's a lot of welders. I guess living in a 3rd world country and doing the white mans menial work for him it's not surprising though.

actually we work for the chineses so that they can work for the white men.
    I can make the underwear pages in The Sears catalog stick together very easily.
    Originally posted by Jυicebox I believe that's (basically) the amount of power you're using, but I've never learned welding. I really should.

Finny should be here momentarily

it's actually the amount of current, although the amount of current is proportional to the power being consumed
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III it's actually the amount of current, although the amount of current is proportional to the power being consumed

its the wattage.

the thicker the things you need to weld, the more energy you need to melt both of them.
    blaster master victim of incest
    Originally posted by blaster master Yo, GP, it's DropDeadRed from tc, I've been a professional welder for a decade, get at me brah.

Anyways, the aperage in stick welding is controlled by the dial and is constant and the voltage varries by the arc length. Same with Tig. In mig welding the voltage is set by the dial and the current is set by the wire feed speed and stick out of the wire from the tip. The more wire you feed in, the more current you can carry. The more current the deeper the penetration the more voltage the wider the weld puddle.

now i begin associating welding with brokeback mountain.
    blaster master victim of incest
    welding is now gay thanks to you.
    Op are you actually want to learn welding or just pass the course?

I've done a welding course before, but I'm not much of a welder. If you actually want to learn it you should be watching YouTube videos, reading about it, practicing with your own kit if possible, maybe even going to where welding is done to see if you can help out.

You need about 10,000 hours practice to master any skill.

Passing any of these courses is piss easy, but don't expect anyone to be too impressed.
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING 2.0 - The GMO Reckoning Op are you actually want to learn welding or just pass the course?

I've done a welding course before, but I'm not much of a welder. If you actually want to learn it you should be watching YouTube videos, reading about it, practicing with your own kit if possible, maybe even going to where welding is done to see if you can help out.

You need about 10,000 hours practice to master any skill.

Passing any of these courses is piss easy, but don't expect anyone to be too impressed.

the best place to see welders weld is in the shipyard, deep in the belly of the ships where professional welders, half naked and cloaked under a layer of manly sweat, and wallowing in the smoke, testosterone laced body ordor and manly breaths, inside the dimly lit hulls interspersed with bright, indigo sparks ...
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Lol wtf
    trippymindfuk African Astronaut
    I had a job spot welding stop bolts for Jeep Wranglers. 84 hour weeks.....

I was on so many of those gel OC's.....me and my homie ate some acid one shift and were killing it! We even had to fix some of 1st shifts rework....the arc was amazing tripping tho! Good times! 👍
    Originally posted by trippymindfuk I had a job spot welding stop bolts for Jeep Wranglers. 84 hour weeks…..

I was on so many of those gel OC's…..me and my homie ate some acid one shift and were killing it! We even had to fix some of 1st shifts rework….the arc was amazing tripping tho! Good times! 👍

Tell us about the war again grandad
Jump to Top