User Controls

How feasible would it be to build a livable structure on your own?

Lanny Bird of Courage
    I was thinking about Walden and that nigga building a house in the woods on his own. I mean he probably had some slaves build it or some shit, but how hard do you figure it would be to build a simple wood framed structure on your own assuming you have access to tools and material but no one else to help you do it?

I'm thinking it should be pretty possible, right? Not sure you can really operate a cement truck on your own, but one of those stationary mixing machines would do even if it took a while to dig and pour the foundation. I think I could do the framing for the walls, but a roof might be tricky. Like for a simple hip roof I'm not sure how I would keep the beam/hips up and doing it on a ladder by yourself seems like a nightmare. Maybe something like a single slope, I think that should be doable. Slap some plywood on the thing because earthquakes or whatever? And then shingles and drywall and BAM! You have a house! Am I forgetting something important? Could you reasonably do it? How long do you figure it would take?
    the house will had to be designned like ikeas are usually designed : with a single user-assembler in mind.

an igloo-like structure would be ideal, because its possible to be built by a single individual, and the structure could withstand severe weather which are now ever more common.

make qn igloo, with steel reinforced concrete.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    before the '40s or so 'normal' people built their own houses. during storms if the houses blew down, they collected the wood and nails...and nailed it back together again.

then again, those entire houses were as big as a single room in todays houses, there was no complicated electricity or plumbing to run...much less elaborate concrete foundations, and no bullshit building permits. the chimney was themost elaborate and time consuming part.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny and the structure could withstand severe weather which are now ever more common.

dont be a fucking sheep victimized by the MINITRU kikes. weather patterns are the same as they have been for the last million years: variable.

ask the spanish fleet that sank in 1715 off the coast of florida what they think of hurricanes.

storms arent getting worse. people are getting more stupid.
    Lots of yuppies and hippies build their own tiny homes, which are basically fancy caravans.

Or do you mean a big, multi-room structure?
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    Yeah I'm not sure it's possible to build a normal sized home on your own. Maybe something modified and not made to last.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    Concept
    Feasibility
    Durability
    Time

Square hay bales
    Red clay dirt
    Water
    Cedar & White Pine
    Stone

Stack hay bales to desired wall height

Split wood (cedar) window & door headers & Intel's

After full set-up mix mud (red clay and stray) and cover entire structure (inside & outside) with "mortar"

Using natural stone build centrally located interior fireplace

(Preferred site would be mountain with cave-type depressions where structure would be erected partially underground.)

Roofing of cedar shafts and shakes to complete roof.

Frame in window & door frames with pine.

Frame sub-floor in pine and finish with planed cedar.

Construct an accessible outhouse.

Re-route natural water source to supply house needs.

Voila!
    Originally posted by infinityshock dont be a fucking sheep victimized by the MINITRU kikes. weather patterns are the same as they have been for the last million years: variable.

ask the spanish fleet that sank in 1715 off the coast of florida what they think of hurricanes.

storms arent getting worse. people are getting more stupid.

no, weather changes all the time from no ice age to iced age and then back to ice free age again.

its undeniable that the weather is changing. what is deniable is that men was and is behimd it.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by cupocheer Location
    Available natural materials
    Concept
    Feasibility
    Durability
    Time

……….

Square hay bales
    Red clay dirt
    Water
    Cedar & White Pine
    Stone

Stack hay bales to desired wall height

Split wood (cedar) window & door headers & Intel's

After full set-up mix mud (red clay and stray) and cover entire structure (inside & outside) with "mortar"

Using natural stone build centrally located interior fireplace

(Preferred site would be mountain with cave-type depressions where structure would be erected partially underground.)

Roofing of cedar shafts and shakes to complete roof.

Frame in window & door frames with pine.

Frame sub-floor in pine and finish with planed cedar.

Construct an accessible outhouse.

Re-route natural water source to supply house needs.

Voila!

sounds like the makings for a nice bonfire.

whos bringing the smores...
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny no, weather changes all the time from no ice age to iced age and then back to ice free age again.

its undeniable that the weather is changing. what is deniable is that men was and is behimd it.

the fuck are you gibbering about. thats what i said.
    cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    Originally posted by infinityshock sounds like the makings for a nice bonfire.

whos bringing the smores…

No, Shug -- its a stucco house. Non-flammable.

The 18" hay bale is both the structure and insulation. (Maintains a year-round temp of approximately 68 degrees.) [PERSOBALLY, I would have a solar panel installation to heat water and I would run copper pipes under the flooring (changed to stone for this) and heat floors.

It's all a win-win construction concept.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Rico Bill has got you nigga

Originally posted by infinityshock the fuck are you gibbering about. thats what i said.

no.

you said weather pattern has always been the same for the past million years and asked people to get testimonies of spanish sailor men that lived over 200 years ago to back your claims up.
    Ensign Galm African Astronaut [specifically erupt this tetrachloromethane]
    Lanny, if you are in a hot climate you can make a grid over your walls and do shingles to keep rain out. Make your ceiling low enough to where you can reach on a step stool.

I suggest watching Primitive Technology on Youtube. He literally just goes into nature and minecrafts his way into civilization with clay and wood.
    Ensign Galm African Astronaut [specifically erupt this tetrachloromethane]
    Also for a simple wood structure of concrete and wood you wouldn't frame it like modern houses. It'd be flimsy as fuck. You want THICC walls. That's why people used to build houses out of logs. Wood is just too heavy to be supported by frame structures. It isn't durable and takes a lot of thought when building since you have A LOT of weight distribution to consider.
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]

If in a cold climate the foundation should go below the frost line or it will shift like a motherfucker.

Man, I love those old US informational films, so straight forward.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny no.

you said weather pattern has always been the same for the past million years and asked people to get testimonies of spanish sailor men that lived over 200 years ago to back your claims up.

you're an idiot.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by infinityshock you're an idiot.

You are the stupidest person in the world.
    Technologist victim of incest
    My father built the three bedroom brick house I grew up in. He only sub contracted for the plumbing and electricity. He was born in the 1920s.

You could do that back then, not too feasible now. Too many entities have to have their hands in the pot nowadays.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top