User Controls

Are you a song or album person?

PrettyHateMachine African Astronaut
    When you decide you're in the mood for listening to music do you prefer listening to an album for that particular experience or just individual songs?
    I'm typically an album person, when I want to listen to something I want the whole experience of having the album and its story, like watching a movie.
    A couple nights ago though I had this dream that I was playing around with A.R. and there was this scroll wheel projected onto the dashboard of my okaa's car, it reminded me of rhythm based games from Nihon like DDR and Osu!, where a song is its own experience.
    The album art was on this straight diagonal line, it felt really fun in an arcady way like I wasn't just looking at random songs but rather songs that, along with the artwork, gave me a feeling reminiscent of going through the song selector of Osu.
    Ever since I became an album person songs didn't feel as strong on their own, so I was more compelled to go to the album.
    Now I'm thinking about getting back into songs, like, have my album collection backed up on an LTO tape then have various songs stored on my NAS or locally, and eventually when I get moved into a place again and have some weed I'll spend months sitting around vaping away all day going through various songs.
    Speaking of, if mumuplayer or something similar is still around sometime niggasin.space should get together and have some listen-along parties.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    I'm earfluid.

(That joke worked better in my head)
    Songs. Never heard an album start to finish in my lyfe
    Originally posted by Methuselah Songs. Never heard an album start to finish in my lyfe

You're kidding me
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    depends on the album

typically I prefer to listen to an album all the way through if it's something worth thinking about, a lot of 'catchy' or 'energetic' tracks don't have that kind of conceptual continuity
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by PrettyHateMachine You're kidding me

Not even kidding
    Originally posted by Methuselah Not even kidding

How old are you?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    12 and what is this
    playingindirt Tuskegee Airman [nevermore overpopulate your whitweek]
    album
    on second thought, both. I really enjoy the experience that a full album offers. many of the older albums that they define as classic rock now are put together like a story in song form. I don't just listen to music. I feel the music.
    sometimes I'll really get into one song and how it makes me feel and listen over and over. lol I listened to digimortal by fear factory on my headphones for a week during my walks. I like the energy in the song.
    albums like 2112 by rush, candy-o by the cars, led zeppelin 4 are like a story. I have a bunch of other favorites.
    HTS highlight reel
    Depends on the song/album? I guess? Most of the time just listening to songs will suffice. *shrug*
    Glokula's Homabla African Astronaut
    Playing the same song over and over ftw
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Glokula's Homabla I'm autistic.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Glokula's Homabla African Astronaut
    Originally posted by HTS

You're permanently disfiguring your body with faggot medicine and will probably suicide from disgust with yourself in 10 yrs
    playingindirt Tuskegee Airman [nevermore overpopulate your whitweek]
    Originally posted by Glokula's Homabla Playing the same song over and over ftw

lolz I have done that.
    I don't make anyone else have to hear it though.
    Originally posted by Glokula's Homabla You're permanently disfiguring your body with faggot medicine and will probably suicide from disgust with yourself in 10 yrs

That's not very politically correct, goyim.
    We spent a lot of money on market- err I mean researching this stuff!
    This is savin lives, goyim!
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Glokula's Homabla You're permanently disfiguring your body with faggot medicine and will probably suicide from disgust with yourself in 10 yrs

Pshhh. I'm beautiful, no matter what you say. Words can't bring me down.~
    Originally posted by HTS Pshhh. I'm beautiful, no matter what you say. Words can't bring me down.~

Keep telling yourself that, if it's what's keeping you alive for the time being ...
    Firekrochfatty African Astronaut
    Depends. If I like a song, I'll listen to the whole thing. There are those "One" hit wonders, though. :/
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Im definitely a song girl.

The only album I can see myself listening to in its entirety is 1)hole-live thru this and a 2)justin bieber dont know the title of it tho.
    Firekrochfatty African Astronaut
    I see, Teehee2.
Jump to Top